PDA

View Full Version : Reputation points

Soup Dragon
21-09-2009, 14:58
Hi PG guys

Can you explain what reputation points are - i seem to have acquired 10 - how???? i guess i have never had much of a reputation!

Conrad
21-09-2009, 15:22
Can you explain what reputation points are
No :confused:

I am just reading up on them and am none the wiser. Apparently we can all set a rating for individual posts and your reputation is build or demolished based on the ratings of your posts.

We have left the options alone and it is defaulting to 10 for everyone. Looking at the options it would appear that the longer you have been registered on the forum, the more posts you have and the more reputation you have mean that you contribute more reputation to others.

The instructions say that it can be a bit divisive, which sounds about right. I can see we may turn it off one day, but sounds like another toy to abuse to me :D (Oh yeah, administrators can do anything with them:cool:)

Soup Dragon
21-09-2009, 15:26
No :confused:

I am just reading up on them and am none the wiser. Apparently we can all set a rating for individual posts and your reputation is build or demolished based on the ratings of your posts.

We have left the options alone and it is defaulting to 10 for everyone. Looking at the options it would appear that the longer you have been registered on the forum, the more posts you have and the more reputation you have mean that you contribute more reputation to others.

The instructions say that it can be a bit divisive, which sounds about right. I can see we may turn it off one day, but sounds like another toy to abuse to me :D (Oh yeah, administrators can do anything with them:cool:)

Jeez, and i thought i had achieved something:(

Conrad
21-09-2009, 15:34
You don't see joining the wonderful Pubs Galore Forum as an achievement;)

Soup Dragon
21-09-2009, 16:34
You don't see joining the wonderful Pubs Galore Forum as an achievement;)

Survivng a pint in the Shakespeare in Scarboro' is an achievement. The PG forum is penance for spending too much time in the pub - i need to justify it - with reviews and forum posts:rolleyes: