PDA

View Full Version : e-mail notifications

NickDavies
04-06-2023, 12:32
Has the e-mail alert system, from which we get a message at five to the hour if a pub entry has changed, stopped working? Or am I blackholing them somehow?

I haven't had a message since last Tuesday.

Mobyduck
04-06-2023, 15:30
My last one was Wednesday , but I only follow a few select areas and pubs.

Mobyduck
05-06-2023, 09:18
Further to the above, whilst I am getting emails regarding followed forum threads, I didn't get notifications of Richards Reading ( a town I follow) reviews on the main site yesterday, which I would normally recieve.

Thuck Phat
05-06-2023, 11:00
I haven't had email notifications on pubs followed for years. I miss them.

Mobyduck
05-06-2023, 12:03
Further to the above, whilst I am getting emails regarding followed forum threads, I didn't get notifications of Richards Reading ( a town I follow) reviews on the main site yesterday, which I would normally recieve.

And as if by magic I've just had several all turn up at once.

NickDavies
05-06-2023, 12:08
And as if by magic I've just had several all turn up at once.

And me. I expect it's been turned off and turned on again.

Thuck Phat
05-06-2023, 15:57
Still blank sadly.

Wittenden
06-06-2023, 08:08
Got a heap this morning, unfortunately to my old (closing) address.Can't manage to register current email address.

Mobyduck
06-06-2023, 09:00
Got a heap this morning, unfortunately to my old (closing) address.Can't manage to register current email address.

There is an edit e-mail address in "my account" via settings. Or is it not working for you?

Wittenden
06-06-2023, 13:44
There is an edit e-mail address in "my account" via settings. Or is it not working for you?

Didn't work for me,but I'm pretty technophobic.

Tris39
07-06-2023, 17:40
I haven't had email notifications on pubs followed for years. I miss them.

I have a 'follow' for all pubs I've reviewed/photographed so my phone gets pinged all the time, which makes me seem popular.

Tris39
08-06-2023, 16:48
I'm now receiving this message with every page accessed on the mobile site:

Privacy & Transparency

We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page..

Mobyduck
08-06-2023, 17:06
I'm now receiving this message with every page accessed on the mobile site:

Privacy & Transparency

We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page..

Had that once a few days ago but not since.

Tris39
11-06-2023, 20:08
Still getting this on the mobile site along with adverts demanding I visit Malta.

Have just logged on and I'm getting the Privacy & Transparency message on the desktop site.

sheffield hatter
11-06-2023, 21:34
Had that once a few days ago but not since.

Yes, I had this just now when clicking on the site. But I've clicked on it several times before (since Tris and you mentioned it on Thursday) and the privacy notice did not pop up then.

Thuck Phat
12-06-2023, 08:27
I have a 'follow' for all pubs I've reviewed/photographed so my phone gets pinged all the time, which makes me seem popular.

I've just had my first notification for a very long time and I now feel loved again.

Thank you Dave.

Quinno
01-07-2023, 11:22
The cookies things is back and - for this Firefox user - not going away to the extent that I can't press any of the accepts/decline buttons!!! So I can't get to the site to do any reviews etc. Not good...

NickDavies
01-07-2023, 16:42
The cookies things is back and - for this Firefox user - not going away to the extent that I can't press any of the accepts/decline buttons!!! So I can't get to the site to do any reviews etc. Not good...

As I said (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?40803-Adverts-on-main-PuG-page&p=129417&viewfull=1#post129417)

You can get in with Safari OK if you're on a Mac. But it's irritating to have remember to have to cut/paste an email link to the main site or do 'open in Safari'

Tris39
01-07-2023, 17:36

As I said (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?40803-Adverts-on-main-PuG-page&p=129417&viewfull=1#post129417)

You can get in with Safari OK if you're on a Mac. But it's irritating to have remember to have to cut/paste an email link to the main site or do 'open in Safari'

Simple solution: MS Windows 11 with MS Edge. No solution though for iPhone 13 with iOS 16.5.1, still with invites to go to Malta or to purchase uPVC fencing.

NickDavies
01-07-2023, 19:37
Simple solution: MS Windows 11 with MS Edge.

Buying an MS computer just to read certain websites seems far from a simple solution.

Quinno
02-07-2023, 09:41
Buying an MS computer just to read certain websites seems far from a simple solution.

Indeed.

Quinno
03-07-2023, 13:22
I've discovered a hack - if you change the language (globe icon, top right) the buttons suddenly start working again.

It's a javascript error.

NickDavies
03-07-2023, 17:31
I've discovered a hack - if you change the language (globe icon, top right) the buttons suddenly start working again.

It's a javascript error.

Well done, and worth trying for other sites with similar errors

Thanks