PDA

View Full Version : Adverts on main PuG page.

ROBCamra
02-06-2023, 09:20
This morning I've suddenly starting getting adverts on the main front page of PuG which is a real pain:mad:.

Is this happening to anyone else?

I'm logged in and I've changed nothing else.

Mobyduck
02-06-2023, 09:25
This morning I've suddenly starting getting adverts on the main front page of PuG which is a real pain:mad:.

Is this happening to anyone else?

I'm logged in and I've changed nothing else.

Not here at the moment.

Blackthorn
02-06-2023, 10:17
Yes, I have them too, and I'm logged in.

Wittenden
02-06-2023, 13:41
Logged in-no ads here, but showing on phone which isn't logged in.

Tris39
02-06-2023, 19:03
I had one instance yesterday, but I've yet to experience a repeat.

Dave M
02-06-2023, 22:45
Sorry about the ads, just experimenting with a new ad provider and things keep going wrong.

I think I have got it sorted so that if you are on a desktop and are logged in (or have logged in within past 30 days) you shouldn't see any ads.

On mobile it is still doing some odd things, shouldn't be showing if you are logged in but some seem to be slipping through.

I am aware that for non logged in there is an awful experience with ads cropping up in the wrong places, I don't have complete control over that at the moment but hopefully it will settle down in the next few days.

If anyone does still see ads on desktop when logged in let me know and I'll try to investigate further.

Tris39
14-06-2023, 19:16
Sorry about the ads, just experimenting with a new ad provider and things keep going wrong.

I think I have got it sorted so that if you are on a desktop and are logged in (or have logged in within past 30 days) you shouldn't see any ads.

On mobile it is still doing some odd things, shouldn't be showing if you are logged in but some seem to be slipping through.

I am aware that for non logged in there is an awful experience with ads cropping up in the wrong places, I don't have complete control over that at the moment but hopefully it will settle down in the next few days.

If anyone does still see ads on desktop when logged in let me know and I'll try to investigate further.

The desktop page seems ok, but the mobile site still gives a Privacy warning and I'm still getting adverts: visit Malta two days ago, now it's composite fences.:(

Mobyduck
14-06-2023, 19:47
The desktop page seems ok, but the mobile site still gives a Privacy warning and I'm still getting adverts: visit Malta two days ago, now it's composite fences.:(

Had the privacy thing on mobile today but via clicking a link to the site from email notifications while logged in, no adds.

Tris39
22-06-2023, 16:42
I'm still getting privacy updates and adverts on the mobile site and today a privacy notice on the main.

Mobyduck
22-06-2023, 18:44
I'm still getting privacy updates and adverts on the mobile site and today a privacy notice on the main.

Never had Ads, only the privacy stuff on the odd occasion, particularly if I'm clicking a link to the site via an email.

NickDavies
29-06-2023, 11:52
Never had Ads, only the privacy stuff on the odd occasion, particularly if I'm clicking a link to the site via an email.

Suddenly can't get past privacy banner, in Firefox/MacOs 13.4.1 the green 'continue' link is unclickable, the others lead me down a blind alley

Tris39
17-11-2023, 17:02
I'm getting Privacy & Transparency warnings on every single page I visit. :(

Mobyduck
17-11-2023, 17:16

Yes same here, not at all user friendly, has to be a bug of some sort.

Tris39
17-11-2023, 17:41
Yes same here, not at all user friendly, has to be a bug of some sort.

...and has suddenly stopped. :confused:

sheffield hatter
17-11-2023, 17:42

It was happening to me for a few minutes, but seems to have stopped now.

sheffield hatter
18-11-2023, 21:13
Suddenly can't get past privacy banner, in Firefox/MacOs 13.4.1 the green 'continue' link is unclickable, the others lead me down a blind alley

I'm getting that now. Green link unclickable. Tried switching to a different browser (Fire Fox=>MS Edge) but same result. Even copied the url of the page I was on (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/newpubs/38180/) onto my phone (Google Chrome), but still getting the beastly Privacy & Transparency pop-up AND IT WON'T GO AWAY!!!!

Opened a new page but after 10 seconds or so got the same P&T message. Same result.

HELP!

DAVE!

rpadam
18-11-2023, 21:21
Just started happening to me too...

Mobyduck
18-11-2023, 21:22
I'm getting that now. Green link unclickable. Tried switching to a different browser (Fire Fox=>MS Edge) but same result. Even copied the url of the page I was on (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/newpubs/38180/) onto my phone (Google Chrome), but still getting the beastly Privacy & Transparency pop-up AND IT WON'T GO AWAY!!!!

Opened a new page but after 10 seconds or so got the same P&T message. Same result.

HELP!

DAVE!

Same here, the site is broken!

sheffield hatter
18-11-2023, 21:27
...still getting the beastly Privacy & Transparency pop-up AND IT WON'T GO AWAY!!!!

I've tried logging out, but as soon as [the new me] moved from the front page I got the same pop-up and it STILL WON'T GO AWAY.

I found a temporary work-around: I managed to open the new pub page in a new browser tab and clicked on the "approve" button before the pop-up popped up. So the pub is now live (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/91568/)*, but when I submitted the Facebook link the dreaded pop-up arrived to spoil my fun.

*Though in fact it's not open yet. I saw it from the window of a bus as I was on my way to football in Maltby this afternoon. I'll keep an eye on their FB and pop in when it opens.

Mobyduck
18-11-2023, 21:28
Stuck on Chrome but clicking clear on Edge.

Quinno
18-11-2023, 21:39
Site is unusable on Firefox - the P&T on every page and no longer clicks through and out.

Dave!!!

sheffield hatter
18-11-2023, 21:39
Stuck on Chrome but clicking clear on Edge.

Not me! And to make things worse, I'm now logged in on Firefox and logged out on Edge. The two halves of my brain are beginning to split apart and I'm fading out of existence.

Quinno
18-11-2023, 21:43
Who has a hotline to Dave here - Ian? If nobody can post a review or do maintenance, it's fully stuffed.

rpadam
18-11-2023, 21:55
Unstuck again now?

sheffield hatter
18-11-2023, 22:36
Unstuck again now?

Yep.

Thanks Dave!

Mobyduck
18-11-2023, 23:03
All clear here.

Quinno
19-11-2023, 13:15
Clear here

aleandhearty
20-11-2023, 17:37
I had the same problem with Privacy & Transparency warnings, but they cleared. However, I am now getting lots of white space appearing on the front page. Also, an annoying little insert keeps popping up, telling me about Privacy & Cookie settings. Anybody else getting this?

Pangolin
20-11-2023, 22:17
I had the same problem with Privacy & Transparency warnings, but they cleared. However, I am now getting lots of white space appearing on the front page. Also, an annoying little insert keeps popping up, telling me about Privacy & Cookie settings. Anybody else getting this?

Yep - same here. I think it is where the bit about "Pubs Galore is..." (that comes up when you are not logged in) goes, just appearing as blank space when you are logged in.

sheffield hatter
21-11-2023, 19:55
Yep - same here. I think it is where the bit about "Pubs Galore is..." (that comes up when you are not logged in) goes, just appearing as blank space when you are logged in.

Have you tried logging out and logging back in again?

aleandhearty
21-11-2023, 21:17
Have you tried logging out and logging back in again?

I did, but it didn't make any difference. However, the bug seems to have been sorted at some stage today.

Pangolin
24-11-2023, 21:26
The front page seems to be ok now, but the maps on the pub pages seem to be blank, so you have to open the local map to see where the thing is.

(I can see from here poor Dave tearing his remaining hair out at unannounced changes!!)

rpadam
24-11-2023, 21:58
The front page seems to be ok now, but the maps on the pub pages seem to be blank, so you have to open the local map to see where the thing is.
I was just about to report the OpenStreetMaps not showing on the pub pages, but you beat me to it!