PDA

View Full Version : Admin Edits in comment

Dave M
18-09-2009, 13:10
People who watch the site closely are likely to notice a lot more 'Admin edits' contained within user comments.

Just to explain what is going on, when we are informed of things in a comment we will act upon them as and when we spot them. The trouble is that the comment can then become confusing. So to try to clarify things and to make it all more transparent to site users we will try to leave an explanation of what has been done.

So don't worry, we are not going to start editing every comment on the site and docking marks for poor spelling or anything! ;)

Dave

Soup Dragon
18-09-2009, 15:01
i noticed you edited one of mine - took out references to the beer, the interior, exterior, service and clientele, so i can reassure everyone there are no major changes;)

Dave M
18-09-2009, 15:30
Don't tempt me!

I shall of course be leaving comments intact to leave a record of exactly whats happened. I would certainly never edit a comment to suggest that a user enjoys lager instead of MILD :p

Soup Dragon
18-09-2009, 15:36
Don't tempt me!

I shall of course be leaving comments intact to leave a record of exactly whats happened. I would certainly never edit a comment to suggest that a user enjoys lager instead of MILD :p

Somethings should NEVER be jested about, Davy, me lad. :eek:

Conrad
21-09-2009, 11:56
Dave,

Shhhhhhh, don't tell everyone about Historian's special treatment, everyone will want it.

Conrad