PDA

View Full Version : Sam Smiths in Website Shock

rpadam
20-09-2010, 21:29
I think that one of Sam Smith's dubious claims to fame was that they refused to have a website.

However, they do now have one (of a pretty useless sort) at:

www.samuelsmithsbrewery.co.uk

I'm not quite sure how long its been there (and it is undated), but it is currently pretty low down the Google list so I guess it's quite new.

Strongers
20-09-2010, 22:29
Looks like a friend of a friend threw it together for a free tour of the brewery.

aleandhearty
21-09-2010, 09:30
:D Famed for their stubborness and parsimony, it sums SS up in a nutshell.

Strongers
21-09-2010, 11:25

Sums up Yorkshiremen in a nutshell!;)

aleandhearty
21-09-2010, 12:21
Sums up Yorkshiremen in a nutshell!;)

:D Can't really argue with that.

Farway
21-09-2010, 14:13
Looks like a friend of a friend threw it together for a free tour of the brewery.

Yep, from view source

"Generator" content="Serif WebPlus X4 (12.0.3.029)"

Actually as a shop window site I find it OK, maybe could expand on beers etc, but it does the job, do we all need Flash, Java & suchlike bo11ox?

PS just found if you click on the pics you get larger version, seems like whoever did it at least though it through

Conrad
21-09-2010, 14:23
Actually as a shop window site I find it OK, maybe could expand on beers etc, but it does the job, do we all need Flash, Java & suchlike bo11ox?
Agree completely, they should be spending their time on beer, not websites :)

RogerB
21-09-2010, 14:27
they should be spending their time on beer, not websites :)

I should be spending my time on beer, not websites, but here I am! :whistle:

Conrad
21-09-2010, 14:30
I should be spending my time on beer, not websites, but here I am! :whistle:
That was one of those quotes where I posted it and instantly thought, 'I'm going to regret that'.

I wasn't wrong, sadly this talent doesn't extend to football predictions ;)

ROBCamra
21-09-2010, 14:35
That was one of those quotes where I posted it and instantly thought, 'I'm going to regret that'.

I wasn't wrong, sadly this talent doesn't extend to football predictions ;)

You mean you don't regret any of your football predictions? ;)

Al 10000
21-09-2010, 16:59
I have been looking for a full list of Sam Smiths pubs over the years and even sent a letter to the brewery listing all the 140 of their tied houses i had visited hopeing to get a reply.
The reply i got was they dont give any information about their tied estate and they did'nt send my hand written list back to me.

arwkrite
21-09-2010, 18:50
May be someone in the publicity dept. ate your list in case it became common knowledge.
I would have thought anyone with time one their hands or enough interest would be able to define the Sam Smiths property empire. Sounds like a bad case of paranioa and insecurity in the board room.
I do not understand secrecy when all you are doing is selling beer, not that I have seen any in my neck of the woods.

rpadam
21-09-2010, 22:54
And if you want to read some really scary stuff on a Forum, you could try here:

www.samsmiths.info

Some of the stuff (especially from licensees) would make you hesitate from partaking another pint of OBB ever again...

Strongers
22-09-2010, 07:58
And if you want to read some really scary stuff on a Forum, you could try here:

www.samsmiths.info

Some of the stuff (especially from licensees) would make you hesitate from partaking another pint of OBB ever again...

Blimey, Sounds like a workhouse!

runningdog
22-09-2010, 08:45
As far as I know, and I care little, there are no SS Houses near me. After skimming through that lot I think I'm gad about that.:(
One point struck me, In the 'License' thread a post from 'Blueboy' caught my eye. If the requirements for a Childrens License are as he writes, how do JDW get on. Mind you as I'm not being what you'ld call au fait with the licensing conditions nowadays I'm probably barking up a wrong tree...........
Enlightenment please:drinkup::drinkup::drinkup: