PDA

View Full Version : Next Wetherspoon International Beer Festival

rpadam
17-09-2010, 20:15
Perhaps I have missed it, or don't we have a thread on this yet?

Anyway, I was in the 'spoons in Loughborough this afternoon and there was some basic publicity about the next international beer festival. Foolishly I didn't write any details down and can't now find anything on the 'net now I'm home. However, if my memory serves me right, the dates were Wednesday 27 October to Sunday 14 November...

RogerB
17-09-2010, 21:23
There were a few drinks towels on the bar advertising it in one of my local 'Spoons this week. I'll double check the dates this weekend and keep an eye out for the beer list..

gillhalfpint
18-09-2010, 07:26
On the back of the latest spoons mag. Wed 27 Oct - Sun 14 Nov.

Up to 60 real ales and ciders.

Guests from round the world.

Usual brews exclusive and speciallity beers etc.

Rex_Rattus
18-09-2010, 10:31
On the back of the latest spoons mag. Wed 27 Oct - Sun 14 Nov.

Well remembered rpadam - brain not so drink befuddled as one or two other contributors might have been on returning from a 'spoon's evening!

hondo
22-09-2010, 09:23
not a beer but it is new
http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/news.ma/article/88382 :confused:

gillhalfpint
22-09-2010, 10:08
Spoons list is out.

1. BREWDOG EDGE 3.2% ABV
2. JW LEES CHOCOHOLIC 3.6% ABV
3. BANKS & TAYLOR’S BLACK SQUIRREL 3.9% ABV
4. BATH GINGER HARE 3.9% ABV
5. THORNBRIDGE LUMFORD 3.9% ABV
6. CLARK’S STRAIGHT FLUSH 4.0% ABV
7. COACH HOUSE REGENCY 4.0% ABV
8. JERSEY LIBERATION ALE 4.0% ABVBEST BITTER 4.0% ABV
9. ST AUSTELL COXSWAIN’S SPECIAL 4.0% ABV
10.GREENE KING BRETWALDA 4.1% ABV
11.SHEPHERD NEAME CINQUE ALE 4.1% ABV
12.TRING SIGNAL BOX BROWN ALE 4.1% ABV
13.WOODFORDE’S ONCE BITTERN 4.1% ABV
14.EXMOOR DARK 4.2% ABV
15.HILDEN SCULLION’S SINGLE X PLAIN PORTER 4.2% ABV
16.OKELL’S AUTUMN DAWN 4.2% ABV
17.THWAITES RIBBLE ROUSER 4.2% ABV
18.TITANIC NEW YORK WHEAT PORTER 4.2% ABV
19.EVAN EVANS WINTER GLORY 4.3% ABV
20.[Caledonian] FLYING DUTCHMAN JUNIBIER 4.3% ABV
21.VALE RED KITE 4.3% ABV
22.[Everards] BIRRA DEL BORGO CASTAGNALE 4.4% ABV
23.CAINS VOYAGER 4.4% ABV
24.WOOD’S PURPLE HAZE 4.4% ABV
25.ADNAMS GHOST SHIP 4.5% ABV
26.DOUBLE MAXIM PHOENIX RISING 4.5% ABV
27.EVERARDS COPPERNOB 4.5% ABV
28.HOOK NORTON EASY WEASEL 4.5% ABV
29.O’HANLON’S DRAGON’S ALE 4.5% ABV
30.YORK RYE HUMOUR 4.5% ABV
31.BATEMANS WHEAT DREAMS 4.6% ABV
32.PALM STEENHUFFEL BLOND 4.6% ABV
33.WHITE HORSE SNIVELLER’S CORNER 4.7% ABV
34.COTLEIGH ETTALER LAGER ALE 4.8% ABV
35.OAKLEAF WETHER’S ORIGINAL 4.8% ABV
36.TOM WOOD’S VANILLA ORCHID 4.8% ABV
37.TRADITIONAL SCOTTISH ALES DOUBLE ESPRESSO 4.8% ABV
38.HARVIESTOUN WILD HOP IPA 4.9% ABV
39.MORDUE CORIANDER 1879 4.9% ABV
40.FREEMINER HAIRWAY TO STEAVEN 5.0% ABV
41.HEREFORD AURORA WEISSBIER 5.0% ABV
42.[Marstons] LION STOUT 5.0% ABV
43.RCH STRAWBERRY LINE 5.0% ABV
44.YOUNG’S RAM ROD 5.0% ABV
45.MOORHOUSE’S PENDLE WITCHES BREW 5.1% ABV
46.BANKS’S UCB 5.3% ABV
47.[Shepherd Neame] SAMUEL ADAMS BLONDE AMBITION 5.5% ABV
48.WADWORTH PIXLEY BLACKCURRANT STOUT 6.0% ABV
49.WYCHWOOD KING GOBLIN 6.0% ABV
50.CALEDONIAN EDINBURGH STRONG ALE 6.4% ABV
51.Westons Old Rosie 7.3% ABV
52.Thatchers Old Rascal 4.9% ABV
53.Westons Organic 7.3% ABV
54.Westons Bounds Scrumpy 4.8% ABV
55.Westons Marcle Hill 5.0% ABV
56.Bottled Fiz Cider
57.Broadoak Perry 7.5% ABV
58.Black Dragon 6.5% ABV
59.Ashton Still Cider 5.0%
60.Bottled Fiz Cider

Conrad
22-09-2010, 12:56
Fantastic effort typing those out gill.

If we created something silly that allowed forumites to tick which of those they have partaken in and leave a review would it interest? Just an off the cuff suggestion and I may not have the time, probably wouldn't be polished, etc. But if it sounds like fun we might be able to do it.

RogerB
22-09-2010, 13:38
Fantastic effort typing those out gill.

If we created something silly that allowed forumites to tick which of those they have partaken in and leave a review would it interest? Just an off the cuff suggestion and I may not have the time, probably wouldn't be polished, etc. But if it sounds like fun we might be able to do it.

Go for it.

Millay
22-09-2010, 14:20
Go for it.

Oh no !! I've only just recovered from trying to find them all during the last festival, and now we have to do it all again.

I have visions of the PG Meet-Up on the 12th becoming a mad dash around all of Birmingham's many JDW's trying to tick off the last few.

RogerB
22-09-2010, 14:22
I have visions of the PG Meet-Up on the 12th becoming a mad dash around all of Birmingham's many JDW's trying to tick off the last few. Hmmm. Didn't realise the 2 events collided!

Conrad
22-09-2010, 14:22
Oh no !! I've only just recovered from trying to find them all during the last festival, and now we have to do it all again.

I have visions of the PG Meet-Up on the 12th becoming a mad dash around all of Birmingham's many JDW's trying to tick off the last few.
You are just trying to make Hoppy regret his decision not to join us aren't you :whistle:

Millay
22-09-2010, 14:26
Spoons list is out.

1. BREWDOG EDGE 3.2% ABV

Presumably this is Brewdog's attempt at irony, although they probably knew they had no chance of getting their Hardcore IPA or Paradox in.

RogerB
22-09-2010, 15:01
I think the Brewdog is a typo and is more likely to be 32%.

ROBCamra
22-09-2010, 15:05
I think the Brewdog is a typo and is more likely to be 32%.

They've actually upped the ABV.

It's a dark mild and when they first brewed it, it was only 2.7%. It's pretty tasty as well.

runningdog
22-09-2010, 18:33
But if it sounds like fun we might be able to do it.
I'm with Mr B, Mr C..........Go for it..:drinkup::drinkup:

Oggwyn Trench
22-09-2010, 19:13
The Westons Organic is gorgeous but it turns you into a grinning loony and reduces your vocabulary to "oooh arrrgh" and then fits of laughter , i love the stuff:D

gillhalfpint
22-09-2010, 19:22
Cannot type that good. I copy pasted it from someone else's effort on Yahoo scoopgen e-mails. Think they copy pasted from the Wetherspoons site that you have to be over 20 to get on!!

Eddie86
22-09-2010, 23:39
Presumably this is Brewdog's attempt at irony, although they probably knew they had no chance of getting their Hardcore IPA or Paradox in.

I've just bought a couple of pins (4.5Gallons) of Paradox. I worked out the pricing, and it would be £3 a half. Don't think that's JDW's target pricing structure...

hondo
23-09-2010, 06:49
The Westons Organic is gorgeous but it turns you into a grinning loony and reduces your vocabulary to "oooh arrrgh" and then fits of laughter , i love the stuff:D

387 :notworthy:

hondo
24-09-2010, 09:15
http://www.jdwrealale.co.uk/ :drinkup:

Alesonly
24-09-2010, 14:48
http://www.jdwrealale.co.uk/ :drinkup:

I noticed that site yesterday. I like the Pint Tracker I notice it would go up too 9,999,999 that should do us. :drinkup:

aleandhearty
27-10-2010, 15:37
Just thought I'd bump this thread as the festival starts today. Happy drinking. :cheers:

Conrad
27-10-2010, 15:44
I'm hoping to do that promised note taking thing, it will probably start very scrappy, but hopefully improve, so keep notes of what you are drinking.

aleandhearty
27-10-2010, 15:53
...it will probably start very scrappy, but hopefully improve, so keep notes of what you are drinking.

I find mine start scrappy and just get worse as the evening progresses.

Pubsignman
27-10-2010, 16:09
I got a sneaky head start yesterday as my local 'Spoons had at least 6 festival beers already on. Tried the Belgian guest from Palm and the excellent Brew Dog Edge, which will take some beating.

Maldenman
27-10-2010, 16:25
I got a sneaky head start yesterday as my local 'Spoons had at least 6 festival beers already on. Tried the Belgian guest from Palm and the excellent Brew Dog Edge, which will take some beating.

Lucky you! The local 'spoons here was a bit of a shambles on Monday night, all four guests went off one by one each time as one of our group went up to get a round. We ended up on less than average pints of Pride, inexplicably more expensive than the other beers. The reason given for the problem was that they were cleaning the lager lines.....eh, how does that work?

aleandhearty
27-10-2010, 16:30
...the excellent Brew Dog Edge, which will take some beating.

I also really enjoyed it. My BOTW w/e 17/10. Fabulous stuff.

RogerB
27-10-2010, 17:08
I've also had a sneaky head start - 3 ales (Youngs Ram Rod, Adnams Ghost Ship & Tom Wood Vanilla Orchid) and 1 cider (Westons Organic) down the hatch earlier in the week and a quick O'Hanlon's Dragon's Ale tonight. Will have a bit more of a session tomorrow in our other 'Spoons to compliment my curry. No real front runners yet - all pretty decent so far apart from the Vanilla Orchid. I'm afraid beers based on Vanilla, Chocolate or Coffee (or any combination thereof) are unlikely to score highly in my books.

aleandhearty
28-10-2010, 11:02
Managed to try three on the way home last night. However, Sod's Law dictated that as I was driving two of them had to be the strongest out of the fifty!

JW Lees 'Chocoholic' 3.2%: Inevitably invites comparisons with Saltaire 'Triple Chocaholic'. Smooth, easy drinking, with hints of an Ovaltine type maltiness. Didn't think the chocolate flavours were as well integrated as the Saltaire, but pleasant enough.

Wychwood 'King Goblin' 6.0%: Can't really add much to the brochure notes. Warming, with a satisfying malty richness. Very drinkable for its strength. Enjoyable.

Caledonian 'Edinburgh Strong Ale' 6.4%: Found this rather disappointing for its strength. Served a tad cold which probably didn't help flavour wise, but I found it had a harsh slightly metallic finish.

Pubsignman
28-10-2010, 11:53
I find mine start scrappy and just get worse as the evening progresses.

Anyone else annoyed with the festival programme. It's printed on black paper this year, which means I can't scrawl notes in the margins.

Anyway, it was nice to see our very own Arkwright getting a mention in the tasting notes for the Thornbridge Lumford.

"Lumford has been named after Lumford Mill, built by industrial revolution entrepreneur Richard Arkwright, and which used to sit on the site now occupied by the new Thornbridge brewery, which opened last year."

RogerB
28-10-2010, 12:03
Anyone else annoyed with the festival programme. It's printed on black paper this year, which means I can't scrawl notes in the margins.

I had a moan at the local manager last night about that! The cider pages are a bit easier.

RogerB
28-10-2010, 22:05
A pretty hefty session tonight between the 2 local 'Spoons with another 5 ales and a cider clocked up...

Bath Ginger Ale - does what it says on the tin.
Greene King Bretwalda - typically yeasty GK offering but I actually found it quite tasty.
Thwaites Ribble Rouser - much of a muchness compared to what I have already sampled.
Titanic New York Wheat Porter - despite the "dark chocolate" comments in the tasting notes (having already dismissed such tastes for beers) I found it quite palatable.
RCH Strawberry Line - I like fruit beers and this wasn't as overpowering as the name suggests.
Finished things off tonight with a Black Dragon cider that started well but seemed to drag as things wore on.

Next 'Spoons session probably on Sunday.

NB forgot to say I had a pint of Youngs Ordinary and Cottage Hornet somewhere inbetween as well but not part of the fest!!

Pubsignman
29-10-2010, 00:18
Tried the Lion Stout and Adnams Ghost Ship today, both were very good and have made me wonder if I'm peaking too early.

The Titanic Wheat Porter sounds interesting. I like Titanic, wheat beer and porter, so it should be right up my street, although I must say I never would have put such a combination together.

Bucking Fastard
29-10-2010, 09:11
Met up with some "mature" drinkers to check out the festival in The Six Templars ,Hertford.Only 5 festival ales on and no one wanted to try the Lees Chocoholic but of the other ales,

Hook Norton Easy Weasel ..slipped down well and refreshing.
Birra del Borgo Castagnale (brewed at Everards) a little nutty but thin and indistinct.
Titanic Wheat Porter ..I really like Titanic brews but this was OK without reaching the hights.
Everards CopperNob... vote pint of the session by a long way.

Given the age profile of most of the punters,real ale is not the big draw in this pub and I suspect we could have got better quality at another spoons.Off to The Old Fountain ce soir for some quality ale which should produce a better BOTW.

RogerB
29-10-2010, 09:31
Off to The Old Fountain ce soir for some quality ale which should produce a better BOTW.

Ditto! I'm heading for the Wenlock tonight but will probably pop in the OF since it is on the way (and the way back)! I'll look out for someone carrying a barge pole!

Bucking Fastard
29-10-2010, 10:11
Ditto! I'm heading for the Wenlock tonight but will probably pop in the OF since it is on the way (and the way back)! I'll look out for someone carrying a barge pole!
Good to see The Wenlock is still operational,I'll be in the OF all evening so hope to see you there at some stage.

Oggwyn Trench
29-10-2010, 11:33
Meeting friends in my local JDW (Thomas Bottfield) tonight before heading off to the local Chinese Resturant/Bar/Nightclub complex next door , not much hope of many festival ales being on , lucky if theres the usual Ruddles/Abbott/Pedigree staples on , but you never know:pray:

aleandhearty
29-10-2010, 11:59

Yeah, it's a pain and as someone pointed out the tall narrow size is all wrong for slipping in your jacket pocket.

RogerB
29-10-2010, 12:04
I'm gonna take some chalk with me on my next visit. :)

Alesonly
29-10-2010, 19:34

Yes I got some post it notes from work to use that way I can just stick them on the Pages.
Maybe we should make a suggestion to Wetherspoons to include a blank box below each beer entry for quick notes next time its printed. I think that would be a good Idea.

Oggwyn Trench
29-10-2010, 22:06
The Thomas Bottfield suprised me tonight , still only 3 ales on , but 2 were festival ,Woodfordes Once Bittern and O`Hanlons Dragons Ale , neither were exeptional but were OK , Returned after our meal at the chinese and the Woodforde had been replaced by Sheperd Neame Cinque Ale which had a horrible aftertaste (burnt caramel)

ROBCamra
30-10-2010, 08:19
The Thomas Bottfield suprised me tonight , still only 3 ales on , but 2 were festival ,Woodfordes Once Bittern and O`Hanlons Dragons Ale , neither were exeptional but were OK , Returned after our meal at the chinese and the Woodforde had been replaced by Sheperd Neame Cinque Ale which had a horrible aftertaste (burnt caramel)

They had beer at the Botfield? :eek: It always used to be Ruddles, Abbot & Coming Soon. :p

Oggwyn Trench
30-10-2010, 09:31
They had beer at the Botfield? :eek: It always used to be Ruddles, Abbot & Coming Soon. :p

I know it shocked me , last time i went they only had Abbot , Ruddles and Tetley Midsummer , last night they even had 3 of the festival ciders , mate was on Black Dragon , £2.15 for a 7.2% not bad value !
Overall its still a chav filled lager barn at heart

Spinko
30-10-2010, 13:10
Had one of the Blackcurrant Stout at the Stick or Twist in Leeds earlier, not bad but disappointingly unblackcurranty. Moved on to the Cuthbert Brodrick and had the Double Espresso Stout which was better and had a great coffee flavour which really worked well, a taste I haven't had before in stout.

RogerB
31-10-2010, 08:12
Had 20 minutes to kill before my train to Lewes yesterday so made use of the 'Spoons on Victoria station for a breakfast pint of Chestnut Ale. Porbably wasn't the best time to be sampling beers but hey ho. No 'Spoons in Lewes, just lots of Harveys, so will put my festival hat back on today for a local jaunt to see what I can hunt down.

trainman
31-10-2010, 08:43

Something of a pain, but you could print the list from the web page to carry with you... http://www.jdwrealale.co.uk/ales/list

Alesonly
31-10-2010, 10:16
Had my first 10 Pints of the festival Ales last night I went too three different Spoons and had a good selection.
Now as I'm off work for for the next nine days I should have time to be able to get a good few In. :whistle:

I had a Pint of each. With more too follow tonight with luck. :drinkup:

Chcoholic Jw Lees
Wheat Dreams Batman's
Phoenix Rising Maxim Brewery
Brew Dog Edge Brewdog Brewery
King Goblin Wychwood Brewery
Ribble Rouser Thwaites
Exmoor Dark Exmoor Ales
Titanic Last Port of call (Not a Fest Ale)
Cinque Ale Shepherd Neame
Pendle Witches Brew Moorhouse

I'm using a White Correction Pen too mark them off in the festival Guide as a go so I remember next morning what I had. :) Comments I put on a post it note.

Conrad
01-11-2010, 17:58
Ok, really dull at the moment, but you can record your festival tally here:
http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/core/jdbeerfest.php

I will work on making it more interesting and hopefully get something we can share during this week.

rpadam
01-11-2010, 20:43
Ok, really dull at the moment, but you can record your festival tally here:
http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/core/jdbeerfest.php

I will work on making it more interesting and hopefully get something we can share during this week.
Gave it a try, but was met with the message "You must be logged in to view this personalised page" when I already was...

Tried logging out and back in again, but that didn't work either. Am I missing something obvious?

Conrad
01-11-2010, 22:10
Gave it a try, but was met with the message "You must be logged in to view this personalised page" when I already was...

Tried logging out and back in again, but that didn't work either. Am I missing something obvious?
No just me being exceptionally rubbish :o

I had locked it down so that only me and Dave had access.

Alesonly
01-11-2010, 23:16
I had a problem trying too use it around 18:00 just before I went down the Pub but I thought you were still working on it. Its working OK now though and Ive just added Sunday & Mondays Beers. :bemerry:

Conrad
02-11-2010, 12:39
I had a problem trying too use it around 18:00 just before I went down the Pub but I thought you were still working on it. Its working OK now though and Ive just added Sunday & Mondays Beers. :bemerry:
Sadly just me being incompetent. :(

Conrad
02-11-2010, 15:53
Just put an updated version up which I think covers the basics. Let me know if there is anything you would like to see on it and maybe we can chuck it on.

gillhalfpint
02-11-2010, 17:24
Black Horse, Northfield, Birmingham.

Went here for the first time today and what an impressive building. Outside with all the black and white decor was fantastic, but inside is unbelievable. Never been in one like it for the beauty of the variety of rooms and seating areas. Must take my hat of to Tim for the refurb of this pub. Magnificent.

As for the beers.

2 banks of pumps downstairs. 10.17.22.42 and 47 on one.
1.2.20.29 and a cider on the other.

Upstairs a bar had 6.42.44 and 49 but only 42 available. The others had run out, but they were aiming to have 17 beers on this weekend.

Understand that the manager here knows his ale, and another plus point was the temperature of the 7 beers we sampled, perfect, making it an all round great experience.

Gill.

RogerB
02-11-2010, 17:24
I'm afraid beers based on Vanilla, Chocolate or Coffee (or any combination thereof) are unlikely to score highly in my books.
Currently in the Gilpens Bell prior to the Inter Milan game and suffering a Double Expresso. Will be glad that and an earlier Chocaholic are out of the way.

Pubsignman
05-11-2010, 00:23
Curry night in JDW tonight so I went for a pint of the Banks' UCB (Ultimate Curry Beer). I'm not a big fan of the ale and curry combo, but I thought this beer lived up to it's name.
Apparently this beer dates back to 1998 - anyone remeber it from back then?

In fact there are a few 'old' beers making a re-appearance in this festival. I'm a relative new-comer to the ale scene but I wonder if anyone remebers the following from days gone by:

B&T Black Squirrel - 1998
Exmoor Dark - 1990
Wood's Purple Haze - 2002
Moorhouse's Pendle Witches Brew - 1990
Bank's UCB - 1998
Caledonian Edinburgh Strong Ale - 1995

Wittenden
05-11-2010, 07:56
Curry night in JDW tonight so I went for a pint of the Banks' UCB (Ultimate Curry Beer). I'm not a big fan of the ale and curry combo, but I thought this beer lived up to it's name.
Apparently this beer dates back to 1998 - anyone remeber it from back then?

In fact there are a few 'old' beers making a re-appearance in this festival. I'm a relative new-comer to the ale scene but I wonder if anyone remebers the following from days gone by:

B&T Black Squirrel - 1998
Exmoor Dark - 1990
Wood's Purple Haze - 2002
Moorhouse's Pendle Witches Brew - 1990
Bank's UCB - 1998
Caledonian Edinburgh Strong Ale - 1995

Don't know about you chaps, but to me they're positively modern!

RogerB
05-11-2010, 08:08

I also went for a curry. We have 2 'Spoons in town and for some reason the curry club is a £1 cheaper than the other so I always opt for the cheaper one (I heard that tight git comment at the back!). Once I had exhauested the Festival Beers in the first pub, I trundled off to the second where , sod's law, they Ultimate Curry Beer! I like ale and curry combos but didn't get a chance to check whether this does what it says on the tin. I will admit that I almost opted for second curry though!

Last night I hit the dreaded page 13 of heavyweight beers including the aforementioned UCB which I grew into the more I drank and the Caledonian Edinburgh Strong Ale that was one of my festival highlights so far - a very easy drink for 6.4%. I also managed to down a Broadoak Perry which was my favourite from the cider/perry pages so far.

Conrad - is it possible to add the 10 ciders/perries to the beerfest tally list?

Conrad
05-11-2010, 12:11
Conrad - is it possible to add the 10 ciders/perries to the beerfest tally list?

Should be, I'll get back to you today.

Actually, it will be really easy, I would just like to make it obvious they are not beers, hence the delay.

Conrad
05-11-2010, 13:04
Ok, should all be there at the bottom now.

Interesting to see that some of the beers are still eluding our members, will be interesting to see if they are found over the weekend.

ROBCamra
05-11-2010, 13:19
Interesting to see that some of the beers are still eluding our members, will be interesting to see if they are found over the weekend.

Hilden Scullions Porter was on at the Regal Moon in Rochdale last night.

But as Hildens Gael Rua was the original "Bloody Awful Beer Of The Week" I avoided it as there were others that I hadn't tried.

Millay
06-11-2010, 09:05
Hilden Scullions Porter was on at the Regal Moon in Rochdale last night.

But as Hildens Gael Rua was the original "Bloody Awful Beer Of The Week" I avoided it as there were others that I hadn't tried.

I took the braver option, but only had a half. It was OK, quite tasty, although a little thin for a porter. Hildens have a hard task redeeming themselves after foisting the bloody awful Gael Rua on us but they're moving in the right direction.

Dave M
10-11-2010, 17:39
Well I've just ticked off the 'Hairway to Steaven' meaning that between us all 50 beers have now been tried! :drinkup:

The ciders dont seem to be going down so well though. :sick:

RogerB
10-11-2010, 18:02
The ciders dont seem to be going down so well though. :sick:

I go for the ciders only when there are no longer any ales to tick off. I would imagine that as I run out of ales, more ciders will succumb.

Dave M
10-11-2010, 18:44
I'm just going with repeating ticks on the ales rather than risk having a cider repeat on me! It is a shame really, they sound quite nice but I really can't handle them any more

RogerB
11-11-2010, 18:58
Enjoyed a pint of the Sri Lankan Lion Stout despit the chocolate and coffee tasting notes - maybe the beef madras smothered the bad bits but it was a pleasant surpise. Also had the Sheps Cinque Ale (not that great) and Brewdog Edge (also not that great but not as bland as the 3.2% strength implies).

gillhalfpint
23-11-2010, 17:10
A few festival beers still around in Birmingham. Biggest suprise was the notice in the Square Peg that all guest beers were £1 a pint. I bought halves of 31 and 36 and paid 50p and a voucher.

1.42.and 7 also on.

Briar Rose had 12.24.40 and 48 on, but charging £2.10 or £2.25 a pint. Sam Adams 47 replaced by Abbott so must be running out of festival beers.

RogerB
23-11-2010, 17:48
My 2 'Spoons in Dartford are still chucking out the Festival remnants - the Flying Boat at £2.10 a pint and the Paper Moon at £1.49 a pint! Off for a grill night in a few minutes. I know which one I will be visiting.

Alesonly
23-11-2010, 18:40
Yes my local spoons at Southgate still had four Guessed ales on Tap on Sunday. Im hoping too get a few tonight when I finish at 22.30. Im Only about Five pints short of compleating the full list this time. :D

Alesonly
24-11-2010, 09:17
I got in my local spoons after work at 22.00 last night and they still had seven Festival Ales on out of the 12 usual hand Pumps Three which were on my wanted list so now I'm only Two short of the full list of Ales.& a few Ciders mind you one was awful I did not like it. All were still £2.10 & £2.30 though with no discounting yet in our local spoons but all the others were excellent condition.

RogerB
15-12-2010, 21:46
Well I don't know about everyone else but I still seem to be clocking up Festival Beers - my BotW last week was one and I didn't even know it! Had a recount and now up to 35 of the 50!