PDA

View Full Version : Aberystwyth

Spinko
15-05-2022, 15:29
How the mighty has fallen!

I noticed Quinno didn't seem mightily struck from his previous visit and while down I can say neither am I.

Wandered around town 11:30ish swerving Wetherspoons, while doing a walk-by of all the previous haunts, wondering whether to relive the glory early-00s days and have a can on the beach.

12:05 wandered into Bottle & Barrel and, thinking it's a Sunday so must have been plenty tickover the previous evening, went for a cask. Just about drinkable - I was saved the last fifth when a minor piece of roofing fell from above. Phew...I thought it was a seagull at first.

Inn on the Pier next to see if my Aber Town FC contacts are still around. Shut and abandoned. To get to the pier at the end you need to slalom through amusement arcades and a snooker hall. The pint of Lagunitas IPA was probably the best of the day

A 10 minute walk to the Glengower for old times sake. Reeking of food, over run with kids, I used the loos and scarpered.

Scholars? Shut. Vale of Rheidol? As usual, evil stares just for walking past. The Cambrian? See the Glen.

Ship & Castle. Oakham on the bar. At last! But alas, I had to leave half...

Back in town tomorrow as I met the former landlord of Aber FC Clubhouse in the uni gym early doors. Still training well at a young 84 and he invited me to a lunchtime session at Wetherspoons.

I hope Ruddles is on.

Quinno
15-05-2022, 22:07
Stick your reviews up then Spinko Spinko, don't be shy.

Spinko
16-05-2022, 05:44
Stick your reviews up then Spinko Spinko, don't be shy.

I don't really know how. Forgot I visited Athro Lounge which I liked but can't seem to see anywhere to login or post comment

Spinko
16-05-2022, 05:50
Aha! I went to desktop version and there's a password box :)

Quinno
16-05-2022, 09:44
I don't really know how. Forgot I visited Athro Lounge which I liked but can't seem to see anywhere to login or post comment

Yeah I also went there and forgot to review it. Will fix that oversight later. I thought it was fairly good.

Spinko
16-05-2022, 10:41
Yeah I also went there and forgot to review it. Will fix that oversight later. I thought it was fairly good.

Only decent cask I've had is in the White Horse and Wetherspoons. So far - might check on the Glen later.

Quinno
16-05-2022, 17:58
Only decent cask I've had is in the White Horse and Wetherspoons. So far - might check on the Glen later.

The Glen is the best bet in Aber right now.