PDA

View Full Version : Chorley

gillhalfpint
26-04-2022, 17:14
After our brilliant time with you all at Preston, we are about to try another adventure out. Picked up a CAMRA Ale Cry in Preston, and got a link to Chorley Ale Trail from an article in there. and wow. very impressed with the pubs listed on there, and so very close together. I made up a hit list of 12 easy walking distance from the station, and have since been updated with another 4 which were not on the 2019 trail leaflet.

All the pubs will be new, never been, so if anyone here knows which are the not to be missed pubs around the town centre, I would be grateful. Got train tickets for Saturday.

Gill

Al Bundy
27-04-2022, 10:28
Chorley is an excellent little town and most pubs are walkable. I suggest the micropubs The Bob Inn, Ale Station and Shepherds Hall are a must plus The Malt n Hops, Masons Arms and The Prince Of Wales (Cowling Brow(. Haven't been since just before the plague so some may have changed. A really great place. Enjoy.

gillhalfpint
27-04-2022, 17:50
Cheers Al. We have the miros down. Think the Masons and Prince of Wales will be a little too far for us, but enjoyment is certainly planned. So many to aim for in one day. Brewery tap bars too.

Gill

Al Bundy
29-04-2022, 09:19
It looks like The Cuckoo's Nest is closed according to Facebook and What pub.

arthurchappell
03-05-2022, 11:09
I'm up for that - meet up times and location for starting would be handy - covid free now - I have to be in Chorley on Friday actually From previous visits I reccomend Ale Station, Malt & Hops, and Shepherd's Hall - Arthur

Brainypool
04-05-2022, 17:56
Only visited once and didn’t bother with any of the micros but I remember the Malt N Hops being an excellent pub. I should be moving house close to Chorley soon, so looking forward to trying the rest of the pubs there.

arthurchappell
07-05-2022, 08:57
presuming this isn't now an organized meet up as no times or itinery announced - shame, would have enjoyed this.

RealAleRobUK
08-05-2022, 17:04
presuming this isn't now an organized meet up as no times or itinery announced - shame, would have enjoyed this.

I think this thread was just Gill asking for recommendations, with no implication of a meet-up, organised or otherwise!

arthurchappell
09-05-2022, 20:09
Thanks, realized that - initially took the we to mean it was a group thing - hope it went well Gill