PDA

View Full Version : A huge thank you to Kake

Conrad
01-09-2010, 17:26
Those following closely will know about Kake on the forum and how we have worked to hopefully improve visibility of the Randomness Guide to London (http://london.randomness.org.uk/) on PuG and reciprocally she has arranged links to our site alongside the existing links to BITE.

Anyway, Dave, and myself by proximity, were quite irritated by an article in CAMRA's beer magazine that mentioned BITE's site and gave publicity for their forums. It is irritating to us for the obvious churlish reasons, and also as they no longer have forums.

Anyway it was a pleasure to spot today that CAMRA have published a clarification for Beer magazine in their websites members area. In it Kake has set the record straight about the BITE forums and also said some very kind words about our site. It was really nice to be able to read that she made the effort, so thanks a lot.

I also want to say to ensure that we do not malign her neutrality - this was completely unprompted, which of course makes the gesture that much more generous.

RogerB
01-09-2010, 18:30
I did spot that particular snippet in the CAMRA rag and it did get my back up a bit! Glad Kake has put them right. Well done K!

aleandhearty
01-09-2010, 21:20
Anyway it was a pleasure to spot today that CAMRA have published a clarification for Beer magazine in their websites members area. In it Kake has set the record straight about the BITE forums and also said some very kind words about our site. It was really nice to be able to read that she made the effort, so thanks a lot.

I'm a CAMRA member and was quite curious to take a look. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it. Can anybody guide me to it?

rpadam
01-09-2010, 21:30
I'm a CAMRA member and was quite curious to take a look. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it. Can anybody guide me to it?
Page 10 of the Autumn 2010 edition of 'Beer' magazine.

aleandhearty
01-09-2010, 23:08
Page 10 of the Autumn 2010 edition of 'Beer' magazine.

I meant Kake's reply not the original article.

Strongers
02-09-2010, 00:17
Great stuff - Shame I'm not a member!

oldboots
02-09-2010, 08:58
I meant Kake's reply not the original article.

It's in the forums at

Home >> Forums >> CAMRA Publications >> What's Brewing & BEER Magazine

If you aren't signed up for the forums you will only see the Save Our Pubs section. Let me know if you can't find or access it and I'll PM it to you (to avoid copyright, etc difficulties)

ROBCamra
02-09-2010, 09:16
Good reply from Kake. Is it just me or are the CAMRA forums really boring? (add yawning icon here)

oldboots
02-09-2010, 10:37
Good reply from Kake. Is it just me or are the CAMRA forums really boring? (add yawning icon here)

Not if you're "Dickie" English :D otherwise incredibly so, only beaten in the boredom stakes by the Beerpages Forums zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dave M
02-09-2010, 13:09
For anyone who is already a member of the CAMRA forums this is a direct link to the Corrections & Clarifications August 2010 thread (http://forum.camra.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=903).

aleandhearty
02-09-2010, 13:41
It's in the forums at

Home >> Forums >> CAMRA Publications >> What's Brewing & BEER Magazine

If you aren't signed up for the forums you will only see the Save Our Pubs section. Let me know if you can't find or access it and I'll PM it to you (to avoid copyright, etc difficulties)

Hi 'ob'. Thanks for that. To be honest Conrad sent me a transcript last night, but it was good to see it just now in context. I hadn't signed up for the forums - as you rightly guessed. Nice to see a link to PuG from Kake's correction. Well done Kake.

rpadam
02-09-2010, 19:48
For anyone who is already a member of the CAMRA forums this is a direct link to the Corrections & Clarifications August 2010 thread (http://forum.camra.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=903).
I am a member of the CAMRA forums but can't access this link - any ideas anybody?

ROBCamra
02-09-2010, 20:25
I am a member of the CAMRA forums but can't access this link - any ideas anybody?

Have you registered/logged in to the forum area?

It's only open to registered forum users, which is on top of the standard login.

rpadam
02-09-2010, 20:47
Have you registered/logged in to the forum area?

It's only open to registered forum users, which is on top of the standard login.
Well, yes!

I can see forums under the 'Announcements', 'Save our Pubs', 'Beer Festivals' and 'General Discussions' headings, but I can't see the 'CAMRA Publications' forum...

Dave M
02-09-2010, 21:01
Well, yes!

I can see forums under the 'Announcements', 'Save our Pubs', 'Beer Festivals' and 'General Discussions' headings, but I can't see the 'CAMRA Publications' forum...

I think perhaps what you need to do is to become part of the CAMRA members user group.

Try going to this page and make sure your CAMRA member ID is in there:-
http://forum.camra.org.uk/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=reg_details

Once that is done, visit this page and apply to join the CAMRA members group.
http://forum.camra.org.uk/ucp.php?i=167

RogerB
02-09-2010, 22:04
I am a CAMRA member but I could break into Fort Knox easier than access the exclusive regions of their Forum system.

Eddie86
05-09-2010, 17:52
I think you just sign in to the forum with your membership number and main page password. Or something similar. Or not.

oldboots
05-09-2010, 18:41
I think you just sign in to the forum with your membership number and main page password. Or something similar. Or not.

or even your forum user name and CAMRA members area on the main site password, which is what I do.

There are three levels of forum membership :-
anyone - no user name or password required
forum member - forum user name and password
CAMRA member - forum user name and CAMRA password

I think you need to have registered on the forum as a CAMRA member to use the highest level.

Strongers
05-09-2010, 21:44
That's unlike CAMRA to create an elitist hierarchy!:whistle:

Kake
12-09-2010, 16:00
Only just saw this thread — I don't usually read this part of the forums! Blimey it's a job and a half to get into the CAMRA forums, isn't it...

Anyway, Conrad, you're welcome, just speaking my mind :) I didn't actually know he was going to publish it verbatim.

Kake