PDA

View Full Version : Is reviewing pubs a chore at times?

Strongers
24-08-2010, 22:30
I hope that Andy Ven doesn't mind me pinching one of his posts:

"Are you still enjoying it or have you felt like it's a chore at times?"

I'm going to slighty change the context Mr V's post and refer it to visiting pubs that you would never have ventured into and regretted or writing a review on a pub/bar that is objective even though writing a comment on the place was more effort than the manager of said pub/bar had probably put in for months.

I sometimes feel that I'm wasting my time and then I find a local area that I've heard of, but never visted, and I have a wonderful evening and I'm left looking forward to my next night out. Other times I get home and my drunken brain swears never again.

Conrad
24-08-2010, 22:47
As the site see its life flash before its eyes ;)

gillhalfpint
24-08-2010, 23:31
It's not a chore provided I keep it reasonably up to date. Hate doing back reviews and have to try to remember what the pub was like.

One of the reasons I tend to visit just Good Beer Guide pubs as I have a reasonable expectation of a decent ale and the guide reminds me what the pub was like. The hard bit for me is remembering to take a photo.

oldboots
25-08-2010, 08:51
Never a chore visiting pubs, I wish I could do it for a living :rolleyes: (but I suppose then it might become a chore).

I have found some wierd and wonderful pubs while trawling the unreviewed backwaters of PuG, I have also found a lot of pubs best described as "interesting" :eek:.

The only "chore" I've found is poor beer which really dampens my spirits, I don't mind pubs with no real ale I know what to do there but sub standard ale is another matter. I've also met some odd people and some nice ones, the good, the bad and the ugly, I'll let you decide which category my fellow Puggers fall into.

RogerB
25-08-2010, 09:12
Definately not a chore for me and I would say that without the writing up side of things, I wouldn't have visited half the pubs I have or discovered so many fantastic (and some not so) pubs.

Like Gill I hate the backlogs and if there is a chore, it is this but when I find myself doing dozens of pubs a month it is an occupational hazard. I have nearly 500 in my current backlog of notes but most of them are local or London so I can easily revisit before posting them. I am currently concentrating on those from further afield that I am unlikely to return to in the forseeable future. This week I have posted a few Shrewsbury reviews that are already 10 months out of date and there are a few from various Yorkshire trips in the last year which may see the light of day over the next few weeks. The problem is for every half dozen I post, another dozen join the queue.

gillhalfpint
25-08-2010, 10:07
Crikey Roger, you make my worry over about a dozen to write up at a time like chicken feed. You must have a good book of notes. While on the road I try to get them written up every couple of days or so, but start to worry if I am a month behind with reviews.

RogerB
25-08-2010, 10:46
Crikey Roger, you make my worry over about a dozen to write up at a time like chicken feed. You must have a good book of notes. While on the road I try to get them written up every couple of days or so, but start to worry if I am a month behind with reviews.

I dont have a book - my notes are all scribbled (often in a sort of indecipherable drunken code) on odds and sods of beer stained bits of paper. The bullet points that can be worked out are all transferred to a word document as soon as I sober up (usually 3 months later) and I then just need to fill in the missing gaps from what I can remember and add a few bits of stolen trivia and useless info, then bingo, up it goes on the site. All very professional :p.

I actually left all my Farnborough notes from Saturday on a train along with my match programme so I am desperately trying to fathom out where I went and what I drank. Whatever I had in the final pub (the Thatched Cottage) has totally escaped me so I will have to work around it somehow. Luckily I have a blurred photo on my phone as a sort of reminder of the pub's interior. A chore? I wouldn't change a thing!

Whilst talking of Farnborough but a little bit of off topic, I left a quick message of thanks on the Farnborough FC website to the supporters I met in the Prince of Wales who ended up giving me a lift to and from the ground and kept me entertained through numerous pints. One of them turned out to be a regular BITE reviewer who recognised my username from days of old and sent me a PM. I have of course attempted to subtly steer him in our direction.

arwkrite
25-08-2010, 12:02
Sadly I am not able to do any reviews at the moment but Boy Do I Miss It ! I have good friends and acquaintances at my locals and never have a boring visit.
But I miss having the means to get around the country and my late mrs who was always game to visit fresh pubs whatever they looked like. In fact I think it helped having a disabled lady along. We were better treated in rougher pubs than in the 5* gin palaces. I remember two blokes stopped their fight to let me and the mrs pass. On the other hand I can recall the offspring of caravan dwellers with Irish accents throwing stones at our car as we drove off the pub car park.
I have not reviewed any where near as many pubs as the dedicated reviewers but always enjoyed giving my small input. That was another thing my mrs used to comment on....my small input..leastways I think it was what she meant.

RogerB
25-08-2010, 12:22
always enjoyed giving my small input.

Trust me, I have never considered your input to PG as small!

Conrad
25-08-2010, 16:17
Trust me, I have never considered your input to PG as small!
Second that, always posts that are worthy of a read.

Farway
25-08-2010, 16:55
I have never found reviews a chore, but then I do not visit tens of pubs every month, and I do avoid those that seem "Interesting", maybe I am missing some great finds, but there are so many apparently decent ones I have not yet visited that the less appealing can wait awhile

I just scribble notes on bits of paper, usually forget what the beers on offer were, but always get a photo or three

Soup Dragon
25-08-2010, 17:40
I dont see note taking or writing up reports as a chore, just hard to manage the time to write them up - currently have around 30 outstanding and i go away again on Saturday!

I wrote them originally for my own enjoyment, as there wasn't really anyone around here on the other site, or on PG:notworthy: but now that Andy Ven, Del, Danny, Ale Monster (excellent reviews), Staaly and others write locally, i feel they are more useful, even if these guys don't agree with what i put! Other members, like Bucking F and Oggy, seem to be visiting the area more and more and i know Mr A likes to see what is alive and well in Walsall, so i tend to just get on with them!

Quinno
25-08-2010, 17:59
Definately not a chore for me and I would say that without the writing up side of things, I wouldn't have visited half the pubs I have or discovered so many fantastic (and some not so) pubs.

Like Gill I hate the backlogs and if there is a chore, it is this but when I find myself doing dozens of pubs a month it is an occupational hazard. I have nearly 500 in my current backlog of notes...The problem is for every half dozen I post, another dozen join the queue.

I was going to reply to this thread in-depth but Mr B has written pretty much what I was going to say anyway.

In my year off I kept up my visit rate but decided to avoid taking notes - so some of my future contributions might be a bit thin on the content side for a while... :(

Oggwyn Trench
25-08-2010, 18:43
The reviewing has revived my intrest in pubs , and i have started revisiting areas i have not drunk in for years . I am trying to get all my local area reviewed at the moment , just a couple in Muxton and a few in Wellington then to the delights of South Telford if any pubs are still left open there :eek:

Andy Ven
25-08-2010, 19:09
I think everything in moderation for me. Credit to Soup D for giving every pub a try regardless of any preconceptions - if a pub is not worth visiting I appreciate someone's opinion in advance giving me an indication of that before I waste my evening.

Personally, I enjoy filling in the blanks on Pubs Galore but I recognise that it's also valuable to update your own, and other reviewers', reviews and photos.

It's nice to do 5 or 6 pubs in one day and post something later, even if it just means having a half or a coke in each (as Soup tends to do), but I would be looking forward to a break from it if I had reached triple figures over the course of a few weeks, partly because the novelty wears off. Soup D we salute you.

I did a two-day tour on the Severn Valley Railway a fortnight ago (I'd looked forward to it for a long time) and I had a mild craving for a beer the next day. This is not my AA confession but I did think that I should lay off it for a week until the craving had gone. Maybe that's just me being cautious.

ROBCamra
25-08-2010, 19:52
There are times I must admit that I visit a pub and think "I just can't be ar5ed writing things down today. I'll remember anyway as I'm only having a couple"

And guess what? Sometimes I do remember and er, quite a lot of the time I don't. :whistle:

This is why despite visiting York regularly, there are still loads of pubs I've been to in the city that I haven't reviewed. I have just done two from last weekend though.

Strongers
25-08-2010, 21:45
I do love venturing out not knowing what I'm going to find, that's why I do it. I print a google map of the area and put a cross on it where there is a pub. I usually mark down 20 as some will be closed or gone and others will be chain bars (ABO/Slug etc) where a swift half is all that is required. I do find writing the reviews a little tedious as I find I repeat myself and I seem to have developed the same reviewing format, which was not intentional.

I've been thinking about doing an English course as it is sometimes very frustrating trying to convey to others my observations and my reviews can take an age to write and stuff gets left out as I get the hump.

Rex_Rattus
25-08-2010, 22:39
It's not a chore for me either. I enjoy writing up reviews, and get the writers' itch when I'm up to date (which is most of the time) and haven't got one to do; then I have to get out to more pubs. Bit of a vicious circle really. Often I will write the review word for word as it is going to appear when sitting in the pub, just leaving me to type it up later on.

Like Strongers I enjoy the mystery of visiting pubs about which I know nothing except the name. Not for me the printed out Google map; it's the photocopy of the relevant page from the A-Z with pubs indicated with little red dots. A bit low-tech, but it does the job. Very occasionally one finds a pub of real quality in the most unlikely of places, which is what gives me the biggest buzz, but usually one is wading through a mass of "OK" pubs. Then there are the dire pubs - but they still have to be written up, and for these I will always strive to identify any plus points, even if it is only a friendly welcome from the landlady. Marvellous stuff this reviewing; I can't get enough of it.

gillhalfpint
26-08-2010, 08:42
I have done the photocopy of A-Z page marked up with pubs, but now - if at home with a printer - I like to look them up on PG then print a map of the most central pub and mark where to find the rest from that.

When in the caravan it is a line drawing of the streets which more often than not confuses me when I get to the area, but its all fun trying to find the way round a strange place, and my first port of call is usually tourist information where I have fun with someone at the desk locating the pubs on a free map. Apart from Carlisle where they wanted £2.50 for a street map.

Looking forward to pubs in York, but my trouble there is I have so many favourites, I don't tend to get to try some of the others. Guy Fawkes and Pivos are recent additions to my list there.

Farway
26-08-2010, 15:14
I note some. like me, do a printout of the PuG Google map to locate pubs

I normally also correct the pub location, if widely out, during my review. Hopefully saving someone else the problem of looking in the wrong place

Do other reviewers do this?

Soup Dragon
26-08-2010, 15:19
yep - i may have the record for a pub reloaction - some by several miles!

RogerB
26-08-2010, 15:53
I note some. like me, do a printout of the PuG Google map to locate pubs

I normally also correct the pub location, if widely out, during my review. Hopefully saving someone else the problem of looking in the wrong place

Do other reviewers do this?
I do although I sometimes feel that I have barely moved a pub more than 6 inches down the road. The worst thing is where 2 or 3 pubs are on top of each other and I have sometimes moved them a fraction in opposite directions for clarity rather than geographic accuracy.

Andy Ven
26-08-2010, 19:08
I'm a pedant when it comes to this. I look on Google Streetview to locate the building and then find it on the satellite view and then put the cross on the roof of the pub. Sad but useful to someone, I'm sure.

Conrad
26-08-2010, 19:12
All of this is fascinating and giving me loads of ideas of how to improve the maps. I just wish I had the time to do the work :eek:

Millay
27-08-2010, 13:21
I do love venturing out not knowing what I'm going to find, that's why I do it. I print a google map of the area and put a cross on it where there is a pub. I usually mark down 20 as some will be closed or gone and others will be chain bars (ABO/Slug etc) where a swift half is all that is required. I do find writing the reviews a little tedious as I find I repeat myself and I seem to have developed the same reviewing format, which was not intentional.

I've been thinking about doing an English course as it is sometimes very frustrating trying to convey to others my observations and my reviews can take an age to write and stuff gets left out as I get the hump.

I agree with almost everything you’ve said here Strongers. It’s always good to set out to discover new pubs but so often I find it difficult to write anything other than about the usual basics, e.g décor, beer range, service, TV’s, quiet/busy. The problem in the Greater London area is that there are so many non-descript identikit pubs offering the same experience.

For instance I did a little jaunt to Kensington last weekend and there were three Punch pubs all within staggering distance of each other (Greyhound, Goat Tavern & Prince of Wales) that had almost exactly the same décor, layout, beer, menu etc. Consequently I now have some scribbled notes somewhere but can’t get any enthusiasm to write the reviews as I know I’ll be saying more or less the same thing.

Conrad
27-08-2010, 13:30
Consequently I now have some scribbled notes somewhere but can’t get any enthusiasm to write the reviews as I know I’ll be saying more or less the same thing.
You need something to liven it up.

Can you successfully sneak the names of a different fruit into each of the 3 reviews?

ROBCamra
27-08-2010, 13:33

Can you successfully sneak the names of a different fruit into each of the 3 reviews?

Graham Norton, John Inman & Dale Winton getting a mention in your reviews would be brilliant. :D

arwkrite
27-08-2010, 13:41
I'm a pedant when it comes to this. I look on Google Streetview to locate the building and then find it on the satellite view and then put the cross on the roof of the pub. Sad but useful to someone, I'm sure.

What ! No GPS or Tom Tom co ordinates ? It takes away that sense of excitement as you walk around the corner to see the sight of an boozer never before visited . ( All together now...." Star trecking across the milky way" ) Where has the sense of adventure gone, the need to see the unknown and drink stuff that might make you ill ?

Andy Ven
27-08-2010, 18:07
What ! No GPS or Tom Tom co ordinates ? It takes away that sense of excitement as you walk around the corner to see the sight of an boozer never before visited

I might have already seen a photo on PG though. I tend to be the one leading a group on a crawl and they don't half get impatient if they have to treck up and down the road until we find the pub we're looking for.

I can't do OS - it's a bit foreign to me. A-Z, Road Atlas and Google are the extent of my competence

Soup Dragon
28-08-2010, 08:58
i do something that a lot of blokes wouldn't - i ask someone if i can't find a pub. I seem to remember OB asking for directions to the Flowerpot when were in Derby, shame the only person he could ask was a page 3 look-a-like:D

Millay
28-08-2010, 10:00

Graham Norton, John Inman & Dale Winton getting a mention in your reviews would be brilliant. :D

Ever one to rise to a challenge, I'll see your three fruits ROBC and raise you one of their TV shows. I've had to exercise a certain amount of poetic licence but you should be able to spot them.

The Greyhound (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/22708/)
The Goat Tavern (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/22707/)
The Prince of Wales (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/22717/)

I should probably amend them later as some of the content is not strictly correct ;)

ROBCamra
28-08-2010, 10:10
Ever one to rise to a challenge, I'll see your three fruits ROBC and raise you one of their TV shows. I've had to exercise a certain amount of poetic licence but you should be able to spot them.

The Greyhound (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/22708/)
The Goat Tavern (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/22707/)
The Prince of Wales (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/22717/)

I should probably amend them later as some of the content is not strictly correct ;)

Supermarkets weeping, oh dear that is tenuous. :D

You could have said 10.75 for Fish & Chips thats just Nort On. :D

Good ones though. :)

Conrad
29-08-2010, 15:14
Brilliant work Millay.

So if anyone feels like they are lacking inspiration for reviews I think the gauntlet has been dropped.

trainman
29-08-2010, 15:43
Brilliant work Millay.

Agreed. Too good for me, luckily ROBC provided guidance before I showed myself up.

Strongers
29-08-2010, 21:03
Great stuff... I'll try my best!

I think it was the world cup 4 years ago when it took a while for the reporters and public to clock onto the fact that the football team were dropping film titles into their interviews.

Millay
30-08-2010, 08:46
Supermarkets weeping, oh dear that is tenuous. :D

My favourite was getting not only Graham Norton but also one of his TV shows into the review of the Prince of Wales (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/22717/)

NickDavies
31-08-2010, 15:25
[QUOTE=Millay;18648

For instance I did a little jaunt to Kensington last weekend and there were three Punch pubs all within staggering distance of each other (Greyhound, Goat Tavern & Prince of Wales) that had almost exactly the same décor, layout, beer, menu etc. Consequently I now have some scribbled notes somewhere but can’t get any enthusiasm to write the reviews as I know I’ll be saying more or less the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Coincidentally I reviewed a couple of Punch pubs in the area the other week and wittily (I thought) wrote near identical reviews, only to get a prompt slagging off by someone probably close to their management.

Gloucester (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/23249/)
Stanhope (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/23274/)

ROBCamra
31-08-2010, 15:31
only to get a prompt slagging off by someone probably close to their management.

Probably someone close to the language school, judging by the crap spelling & grammar. :p

Evil Gazebo
31-08-2010, 15:39
Coincidentally I reviewed a couple of Punch pubs in the area the other week and wittily (I thought) wrote near identical reviews, only to get a prompt slagging off by someone probably close to their management...

...who seems to have spectacularly missed the point of your reviews being identical!!!

trainman
31-08-2010, 17:28
only to get a prompt slagging off by someone probably close to their management.

Well I can't blame him Nick - how negligent were you in failing to alert us to 'awesome' food, 'essential' ales and, most importantly... 'Strongbow!'?

Hehehe...

NickDavies
01-09-2010, 10:14
Well I can't blame him Nick - how negligent were you in failing to alert us to 'awesome' food, 'essential' ales and, most importantly... 'Strongbow!'?

Hehehe...

Ah yes the Big Ben Burger, people travel miles for those. Probably the Brake Bros/3663 pre-cooked mechanically recovered meat ones with the painted on griddle stripes and enough added salt to mask the taste. 30 seconds at 1kw in the microwave and out on the plate. I'm surprised he didn't say "to die for" like they do on another pub review site. To die of, more likely.

arwkrite
01-09-2010, 10:59
The Big Ben Burger has probably traveled far more miles than the customer. A piece in the paper mentioned Ginsters Pasties motored from Cornwall to Bristol ( central distribution point) and back again in the name of efficiency.
Superlatives make me wary when reading reviews.The person using them perhaps believes the publicity handout from their management. Then again it could the usual way of speaking for corporate clowns who frequent the said pub. That would be enough to put me of going to the place. I am glad that we very rarely encounter that sort of person out in the sticks. But then we have our own version I suppose, speaking of which what happened to the Young Conservatives ? The scourge of upmarket hotels and countryside pubs in the 60s and 70s. Smart birds but would not give you the time of day unless you had Daddy's Jaguar in the car park. The blokes were snotty and spoiling for a fight with any young copper.But thats getting off the point

So is my deathly slow broadband this morning, I am in danger of falling to sleep between posts.

Conrad
01-09-2010, 16:14
Ok, only just catching up on all this, very amusing identikit reviews from Nick there. Fair play to the rebuttal though, at least they have left a review that diverges from Nick's. I hate people who just leave a slanging comment after someone else has reviewed.

Nick's was funnier though.

Farway
01-09-2010, 16:20
Ok, only just catching up on all this, very amusing identikit reviews from Nick there. Fair play to the rebuttal though, at least they have left a review that diverges from Nick's. I hate people who just leave a slanging comment after someone else has reviewed.

Nick's was funnier though.

Care to post a link? I've just spent a fruitless five minutes trying to find what Nick said + reply was

Conrad
01-09-2010, 16:26
Care to post a link? I've just spent a fruitless five minutes trying to find what Nick said + reply was
Nick wrote duplicate reviews for Gloucester (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/23249/) and Stanhope (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/23274/), the Stanhope one has prompted a reply.

Farway
01-09-2010, 16:45
Nick wrote duplicate reviews for Gloucester (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/23249/) and Stanhope (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/23274/), the Stanhope one has prompted a reply.

Cheers Conrad

RogerB
02-09-2010, 15:03

OK - I've just got round to doing a lengthy (and well overdue) review of the Tan Hill Tavern and sneaked 3 fruit into it.

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/62929/

Strongers
02-09-2010, 21:25
OK - I've just got round to doing a lengthy (and well overdue) review of the Tan Hill Tavern and sneaked 3 fruit into it.

A pub that is on my list of must visits - What's the vehicle used for in the pictures?

RogerB
02-09-2010, 21:46
A pub that is on my list of must visits - What's the vehicle used for in the pictures?

It's the Snow-Cat. It drives down into the village to pick up customers when the snow makes the roads impassable. There are some pictures of it in action on the pub's blog (you will need to scroll about half way down) http://www.tanhillinn.com/tracys-tan-hill-dales-diary-from-the-top-inn-in-britain/13/

Strongers
02-09-2010, 21:51
Great stuff - you don't get pubs like this in the big smoke eh!

RogerB
02-09-2010, 22:09
If Thunderbirds did pubs.... :D

gillhalfpint
03-09-2010, 08:24
I'd love a go in that snow cat. Would beat my Reliant Robin struggling to Whitby across the North York Moors during a white out. Did have a shovel, wellies, flask of soup, stick for air holes, bar of chocolate with me for emergencies, but startled a snow plough I followed clearing a road so I could get down Lythe bank. Aaahh those were the days.

oldboots
03-09-2010, 08:48
It's the Snow-Cat. It drives down into the village to pick up customers when the snow makes the roads impassable.[/URL]

We popped up there one sunday lunchtime last winter in a little Skoda, the road from Langthwaite was a bit hairy but we got there and back in one piece after one dodgy spinning wheel episode. We enjoyed a good lunch with a fine pint or three and were regaled by the sight of a tw4t in a 4X4 going off the Keld road into the ditch. The whole pub mightily enjoyed watching his distress as he traipsed up to the pub to ask other 4X4 drivers to tow him out.:D

aleandhearty
03-09-2010, 11:56

Have a look at this video, from the beginning of the year. The arial shots really show how isolated the pub's setting is.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_yorkshire/8438314.stm

Wittenden
05-09-2010, 00:42

Great post RB-I go to the Dales most years and still haven't got there-must try harder, especially as the house beer is brewed by Dent!

Strongers
05-09-2010, 01:13
Have a look at this video, from the beginning of the year. The arial shots really show how isolated the pub's setting is.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_yorkshire/8438314.stm

Did anyone buy it then, or is it still up for sale?

RogerB
05-09-2010, 08:02
especially as the house beer is brewed by Dent!

Thank you - you've just solved a long standing puzzle! I tried searching everywhere to find out who brewed the Ewe Juice - the baaman (sic) at the time I was there didn't know. Dent makes sense as they do brew various "sheep" themed ales although it doesn't appear on Ratebeer which is the definitive beer listings website. I assume it is a rebadge of an existing beer. Either way it fills in a gap in my saddo list of consumed beers. I have taken the opportunity to update the review and iron out a few spilling mishtakes at the same time.

Oh, and if you haven't been there yet (and I'm sure have), try the Green Dragon Inn / Hardraw Force at Hardraw near Hawes which isn't too far away!

aleandhearty
05-09-2010, 15:33

I honestly don't know, I'll try and find out.

Thank you - you've just solved a long standing puzzle!

I'm gutted. Obviously nobody's read my review then! :)

Wittenden
05-09-2010, 23:34
Thank you - you've just solved a long standing puzzle! I tried searching everywhere to find out who brewed the Ewe Juice - the baaman (sic) at the time I was there didn't know. Dent makes sense as they do brew various "sheep" themed ales although it doesn't appear on Ratebeer which is the definitive beer listings website. I assume it is a rebadge of an existing beer. Either way it fills in a gap in my saddo list of consumed beers. I have taken the opportunity to update the review and iron out a few spilling mishtakes at the same time.

Oh, and if you haven't been there yet (and I'm sure have), try the Green Dragon Inn / Hardraw Force at Hardraw near Hawes which isn't too far away!

No-I pulled the Dent info off A& H's review!
I went to the Green Dragon, when I posted on the other side, and sadly didn't think too much of it, despite the fact that it sold York Centurion at the time.

aleandhearty
06-09-2010, 14:02

I honestly don't know, I'll try and find out.
According to this article http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/features/Beautiful-bleakness.6190745.jp it was still up for sale in April, but I couldn't find any mentions after that.

I'm gutted. Obviously nobody's read my review then! :)

No-I pulled the Dent info off A& H's review!

Hurray! That's one at least.:)

RogerB
07-09-2010, 11:11
I've just noticed I am 3 contributions away from my 1000th and I don't think I would have got there if was a chore! I just hope my 1000th will be a literary masterpiece of one of the land's finest hostelries rather than moving a Slug & Lettuce map point 100 yards down the road!