PDA

View Full Version : Proposed Leeds tidy-up.

aleandhearty
24-08-2010, 15:24
Hi Conrad

Thought I might have a go at tidying up the Leeds listings.

In a nutshell there are loads of pubs that are listed centrally that need farming out to various sub-districts.

The only real bone of contention is the large amount of hotels that are listed. With the large (inter)national chains I propose to leave them intact, as they probably have a bar open to the public and serve a purpose. However, there are quite a few small residential hotels that almost certainly don't have bars and these I will suggest for deletion. Unfortunately, some of them have been photographed by PuG members (I'm guessing for completeness) but can't see how they merit a listing.

Any thoughts before I start?

P.S. I'll break the changes up into bite sized chunks, so that you're not overwhelmed.

Conrad
24-08-2010, 15:30
Sounds excellent. In terms of the smaller hotels, just let us know, I'm guessing the biggest hint will be the photographer, whether it is one of the collectors of pictures, or someone who will have stepped in for a drink (also whether it has this pub was added by, where it doesn't it is more likely to be chaff). If we disagree we will say why, hopefully that is not generating more work for you.