PDA

View Full Version : I'm back. First query - migrating old reviews from The Other Site

Quinno
15-08-2010, 14:28
Hi all,

I am back. Almost a year after taking a break from the world of online pub reviewing. Having popped my head round the door it looks like things here are chugging along nicely and I feel that I want to get involved again. I've missed it but I'm glad I took a break as I've had plenty of other stuff to attend to (like getting married!).

Anyway, before I took a year off I recall a thread on here whereby people like me who had migrated from The Other Site asked whether it was possible to add their old reviews from their to PUG with a backdated time stamp.

Is this still possible as I'd like to get started with my 800+ I tried searching but couldn't find the thread in question.

I've also got another 200-odd pubs I've ticked in the meantime that I need to make a start on but would like to get the back catalogue sorted first.

Cheers :)
Quinno

Quinno
15-08-2010, 14:42
just discovered an email in my PUG inbox from Conrad...so I think I'll be PM'd with instructions (I hope!)

Quinno

Maldenman
15-08-2010, 14:51
Hi Quinno, hopefully Conrad will be able to help you with this. I moved the majority of mine over, but there are always some that will read out of context so I left those out. You can however edit the text where necessary to remove things like ..." as X says below" etc.

Alesonly
15-08-2010, 15:02
Hi Quinno Welcome back your find most the old BT posters are on Here now loads of names your recognise and theres a few others I Sent PMs too on the Old Site a few weeks ago that with luck might follow suite and come over Like lad newton Alph river Etc.

Yes theres a tool for migration. But because most of my reviews were over a year Old I did not bother using it I just started over again.

Conrad
15-08-2010, 15:13
Replied to the PM, as I said there, really glad to have you Quinno.

We welcome all reviews, if for no other reason than new visitors to the site are more likely to review where reviews already exist.

aleandhearty
16-08-2010, 20:36
Hi all,I am back. Almost a year after taking a break from the world of online pub reviewing.

Hey Quinno! You old tart. Great to see your name on the boards. A nice surprise after my hols. Can't believe it's a year since we did the rounds in Wakey. Congratulations on getting hitched.

Quinno
17-08-2010, 00:14
Hey Quinno! You old tart. Great to see your name on the boards. A nice surprise after my hols. Can't believe it's a year since we did the rounds in Wakey. Congratulations on getting hitched.

Thank you!

I was back up in Dronfield again a few weeks back actually but my beer travels were limited cos of the wife (bah! ;)) being there too this time (as well as the parents)...next year I think Wakefield is on the agenda again. This time though I'll just sit in the Hop and Fernandes Tap (and hopefully it won't rain) and enjoy the beers. I was very amused to read, a few days (hours...?) after I'd passed through the Lebanon that was Wakefield Kirkgate, that Lord Adonis ended up there and saw what a shithole it was and said "something must be done"...!

http://www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/kirkgate-station/Lord-Adonis-criticises-Network-Rail.5510870.jp

Hope you are well anyways :cheers: will look forward to getting back in with the banter!

RogerB
17-08-2010, 08:52
the Lebanon that was Wakefield Kirkgate,
Isn't that a bit harsh on the Lebanon.:confused:

Quinno
17-08-2010, 10:14

I thought it was one of the Human League's better efforts!

aleandhearty
17-08-2010, 12:22
I was very amused to read, a few days (hours...?) after I'd passed through the Lebanon that was Wakefield Kirkgate, that Lord Adonis ended up there and saw what a shithole it was and said "something must be done"...!

A couple of days later there was a phone-in on the Jeremy Vine show highlighting Britain's worst stations. Because it wasn't a large central station it didn't even get a mention. There were people on air wittering on about not being able to get a decent skinny latte, when the reality of Kirkgate is people are genuinely fearful about using the place. Madness.

The multi-million pound Barbara Hepworth museum is due to open nearby in Spring 2011. Although most train traffic is through Westgate, Kirkgate is the closer station. Can you imagine what a visitor would think, arriving in the city at that hole?

Ironically, it's a decent Grade II listed building. Every now and then, there's talk of running main line services through it. If it was busy enough it would be ripe for a station buffet makeover like Dewsbury, Stalybridge etc. Now there's a dream....

oldboots
17-08-2010, 12:53

Did you know Lebanon is twinned with Hartlepool? well I say twinned but it's more of a suicide pact,:D

Quinno
17-08-2010, 14:17
Can you imagine what a visitor would think, arriving in the city at that hole?

Yes. "Is this Barnsley?" :D