PDA

View Full Version : Things not too say when Drunk

Alesonly
04-08-2010, 17:19
Ive Just seen this posted on a good Bike site I use and thought some here would appreciate it. :D

THINGS THAT ARE DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:
1. Innovative
2. Preliminary
3. Proliferation
4. Cinnamon

THINGS THAT ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:
1. Specificity
2. Anti-constitutionalistically
3. Passive-aggressive disorder
4. Transubstantiate

THINGS THAT ARE DOWN RIGHT IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:
1. No thanks, I'm married.
2. Nope, no more booze for me!
3. Sorry, but you're not really my type.
4. Kebab? No thanks, I'm not hungry.
5. Good evening, officer. Isn't it lovely out tonight?
6. Oh, I couldn't! No one wants to hear me sing karaoke.
7. I'm not interested in fighting you.
8. Thank you, but I won't make any attempt to dance, I have no coordination. I'd hate to look like a fool!
9. I must be going home now, as I have to work in the morning

NickDavies
04-08-2010, 20:46
Ive Just seen this posted on a good Bike site I use and thought some here would appreciate it. :D
THINGS THAT ARE DOWN RIGHT IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:
9. I must be going home now, as I have to work in the morning

10: Let's get on the train and skip the Boadicea

RogerB
05-08-2010, 07:42
You're bum really looks big in that darlin'.

ETA
05-08-2010, 08:54
I'm perfectly capable of riding this bicycle safely on the dual carriageway, thank you, so run along now Constable and let me get home in my own good time.

Strongers
05-08-2010, 09:39
I've always fancied your sister sweetheart.

Farway
05-08-2010, 12:26
You've just spilt my drink :moremad:

RogerB
05-08-2010, 12:52
That Emile Heskey's a good player.

Pubsignman
05-08-2010, 13:43
Pint of Stella please.

Conrad
05-08-2010, 14:19
Pint of Stella please.
Isn't that one that there is more of a risk of saying once drunk?

arwkrite
05-08-2010, 15:09
Having a life long stammer, which I can usually control pretty well, getting drunk means all my safeguards are lost in the alcoholic puddle which my brain becomes. I must have a subconscious cut out because I go very quiet. As soon as my trip up words and sounds become noticeable to me its time for me to go home. I still speak rubbish but most of it is when I am reasonably sober.

Do not try saying " Your Mothers a good looking woman" to your better half. She may not realise you are as drunk as you really are.

trainman
05-08-2010, 21:50
"Rattle your bottles in Rollox's yard..."

Conrad
06-08-2010, 11:31
"Rattle your bottles in Rollox's yard..."
I think most days I would struggle to say that sober.

RogerB
06-08-2010, 11:51
Trainman will like this one...

A couple of years back I had a day off and did a lengthy pub crawl around St Albans but needed to get back in time for a cup replay with Man City. At half time we were 3-0 up and City down to 10 men. Still extremely worse for wear I joyously and drunkenly phoned a mate who hates Spurs and left a long sprawling and largely unintelligible load of drivel on his answerphone along the lines of how great Spurs were. To our utter dismay and shock City came back in the second half and won 4-3. I had left myself open to one almighty slice of humble pie but surprisingly, my mate never returned the call and never mentioned anything whenever I saw him. A couple of months later I was with a different friend who started talking about some garbled message that he found on his answerphone. I said nothing. My 2 mates were named Alan and Andy and were both next to each other in my phone. Luckily I was so drunk I had hit the wrong number! :whistle:

Maldenman
06-08-2010, 13:46
I once texted the family hairdresser (Nicky) to tell my mate (Nick) that we were 0-0 at half time away at Luton.

RogerB
06-08-2010, 14:02
I once texted the family hairdresser (Nicky) to tell my mate (Nick) that we were 0-0 at half time away at Luton.

There's a Barnet joke in there somewhere. :confused:

Conrad
06-08-2010, 14:05
I once asked a friends Mother if she was up for a drink that night, I was slightly embarrassed when she informed me she should probably get her daughter.

And I have done the inevitable of sending someone an email bitching about them (when they do an email package that stops that it will make a bomb). Thinking about it I also sent an embarrassing personal email to my default printer which was 100 miles away at the time when I was with that company as well.

The sorry end to this tale is that alcohol cannot be blamed for any of these.

Maldenman
06-08-2010, 14:16
Delivering a portion of chips slathered in vinegar to a sleeping girlfriend at around 12 :30 am doesn't tend to get you in the good books I've found. At least it wasn't a kebab.

Andy Ven
06-08-2010, 16:25
Asking for a pint of Whitbread's Tankard if you are prone to Spoonerisms......

oldboots
06-08-2010, 17:44
On Wednesday night my wife said to me, "when we go down to Hampshire in September can we see...." I was totally confused here because I didn't remember anything about us going to Hampshire so I thought she was just being female so replied with a perfectly reasonable

"When did you decide we were going there?"

"When did I decide, I said why don't we go and you said yes, you seemed very keen on it the other day".

"Oh" said I, "was I drunk at the time?", "well you even agreed to see your brother's Mother in law" :eek:

"Ah" says I, "I wasn't drunk I was temporarily mad"

I can only surmize this was on Saturday night after some intensive research in York's finest pubs. :drinkup::drinkup::nishelypished:

She appeared to confirm this later by saying "you seem to be drinking a lot lately" :o

trainman
07-08-2010, 07:32
Trainman will like this one...

Certainly did! Also a famous game for Jonny Macken actually scoring (our 4th). You got lucky with the wrong number!
One of my Manc pals, down here for a match, once asked if I'd enjoyed the singing they'd left on my home phone from the pub the previous night - I didn't have an answer-phone at the time!

I once asked a friends Mother if she was up for a drink that night, I was slightly embarrassed when she informed me she should probably get her daughter.

Good job you were only asking about a drink!

Delivering a portion of chips slathered in vinegar

Slathered! Top word!

krissey
22-08-2012, 09:22
I once forwaded a rather rude joke to prescription line instead of my friend Lin, whoops

Millay
23-08-2012, 18:22
I once forwaded a rather rude joke to prescription line instead of my friend Lin, whoops

A bitter pill to swallow then!!

Welcome to the forums krissey

Mobyduck
23-08-2012, 20:18
A bitter pill to swallow then!!

Welcome to the forums krissey

Keep taking the medicine :drinkup: and you will be ok.