PDA

View Full Version : More Greene King Stuff! Free IPA!! (Ahem)

rpadam
26-07-2010, 21:09
Form an orderly queue now, and get a free pint of IPA at your favourite Greene King 'local' here:

www.gkpubs.co.uk

(Actually, to be fair, I had a decent pint in the Allsop Arms on Friday.)

Wittenden
26-07-2010, 22:57
Form an orderly queue now, and get a free pint of IPA at your favourite Greene King 'local' here:

www.gkpubs.co.uk

(Actually, to be fair, I had a decent pint in the Allsop Arms on Friday.)

Out of interest, I clicked on the GK link and used their pub finder to find my nearest GK pub, not that I really need to know. This raised a question: when is a GK pub not a GK pub? I was always under the impression that the White Horse in Cranbrook and the Woodcock in Iden Green, Benenden are GK tied houses-certainly the WH stocks nowt but GK. However, my nearest pubs are all 13 miles away in Maidstone.Strange, but not worth loosing sleep over.

RogerB
27-07-2010, 07:57
My nearest Greene King pub has been boarded up for the last 2 years. My nearest open Greene King pub I wouldn't visit if all the beers were free and they threw a lap dancer in for good measure. My nearest Greene King pub that I would visit I was in last week - wish I'd known about the free pint then!

RogerB
27-07-2010, 08:09
What they don't say is that you have to nominate the pub to use the voucher in and that it is only valid for a pibnt of IPA, Carlsberg, Carling, Fosters, John Smith Smooth, a small glass of Santa Carolina wine (red, white or rose) or a coke / lemonade. I have printed it out as a nice cold coke is quite refreshing in the hot weather.

ROBCamra
27-07-2010, 10:11
my nearest pubs are all 13 miles away in Maidstone.Strange.

Luckily, my nearest Greene King pub is 13 miles away as well. One of the perks of living oop North. :bemerry:

rpadam
27-07-2010, 22:44
Out of interest, I clicked on the GK link and used their pub finder to find my nearest GK pub, not that I really need to know. This raised a question: when is a GK pub not a GK pub? I was always under the impression that the White Horse in Cranbrook and the Woodcock in Iden Green, Benenden are GK tied houses-certainly the WH stocks nowt but GK. However, my nearest pubs are all 13 miles away in Maidstone.Strange, but not worth loosing sleep over.
Just to clarify, I think that gkpubs.co.uk just covers what they call their 'Local' pubs, and there are many other Greene King brands (horrible word, I know) with their own websites.