PDA

View Full Version : Minerva Vaults

Frothy
04-01-2009, 22:51
I not sure if this the right place to post this.

In the Birmingham Pub list, I was surprised to see a Pub called The Minerva Vaults, this Pub to my knowledge was demolished 20 years or more, this Pub was in Great Barr Street. When I click on the Minerva Vaults, a Pub called the Hampton in Great Hampton Row appears. Not sure whether that Pub is still there, but it's certainly not the Minerva Vaults I knew.:confused:

Galore Admin
06-01-2009, 00:19
Hi Frothy,

Absolutely fine to post it here. Although I haven't got a clue what is going on. As it seems to be on a different road to the one you knew anyway I have just changed its name to The Hampton. I can't find any reference to the Hampton however, so it may have changed its name or closed, and may of course all be completely wrong.

Thanks for letting us know about that,

Conrad

Frothy
06-01-2009, 07:56
Hi Frothy,

Absolutely fine to post it here. Although I haven't got a clue what is going on. As it seems to be on a different road to the one you knew anyway I have just changed its name to The Hampton. I can't find any reference to the Hampton however, so it may have changed its name or closed, and may of course all be completely wrong.

Thanks for letting us know about that,

Conrad

Cheers for that Conrad. I will make it my business to find out about the Hampton:)

By the way, hello Conrad, you have nice site going here:)

Galore Admin
06-01-2009, 14:22
Well now I am a bit more awake I have had a bit more of a look, there are a number of sites listing the Great Hampton at that address on Google, so guessing the picture is relevant. However no listing on Thomson local, Yell and Royal Mail just has the address no business name, so it may well be closed now. I will leave it alone until someone lets us know what is really going on.

Thanks for the compliment, my contribution to the site is just providing the tools for the many fantastic users we have who make the site worthwhile. So happy to have you with us and give yourself a pat on the back for helping to make this site so good :).

Conrad

Frothy
06-01-2009, 20:11
Well now I am a bit more awake I have had a bit more of a look, there are a number of sites listing the Great Hampton at that address on Google, so guessing the picture is relevant. However no listing on Thomson local, Yell and Royal Mail just has the address no business name, so it may well be closed now. I will leave it alone until someone lets us know what is really going on.

Thanks for the compliment, my contribution to the site is just providing the tools for the many fantastic users we have who make the site worthwhile. So happy to have you with us and give yourself a pat on the back for helping to make this site so good :).

Conrad

I've been told the only pub on Great Hampton Row now is, The Little Brown Jug, which as also closed. I will go to the city myself and find out:).
Chris

Galore Admin
06-01-2009, 23:31
Hope you find something, I am getting fed up of marking pubs as closed.

Glad to hear we are getting you hooked!

Frothy
08-01-2009, 21:24
Hope you find something, I am getting fed up of marking pubs as closed.

Glad to hear we are getting you hooked!

I'll always be hooked on Pubs and Beer
http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/Drinks/drinking-48.GIF (http://freesmileyface.net)

Frothy
17-01-2009, 21:51
I've been told the only pub on Great Hampton Row now is, The Little Brown Jug, which as also closed. I will go to the city myself and find out:).
Chris

Had a look today .
The Hampton is still there. Little Brown Jug is closed. Very shady part of town.

Galore Admin
20-01-2009, 15:33
Hi Frothy,

Thanks for that, we have now marked the Little Brown Jug as closed. I have to admit there are areas of Bristol I would not be brave enough to investigate.

Thanks again

Conrad