PDA

View Full Version : Beer of the Week (w/e 21st June 2020)

ROBCamra
21-06-2020, 15:44
:cheers:

Tris39
21-06-2020, 16:33
A couple of days back, four teenager-sized cans of Ghost Ship slipped down very nicely!

rpadam
21-06-2020, 18:36
The two pints of fresh Harvey's to take away obtained from The Plough (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/60479/) in Cock Marling (yes, that's a real place) whilst passing.

london calling
21-06-2020, 19:47
The two pints of fresh Harvey's to take away obtained from The Plough (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/60479/) in Cock Marling (yes, that's a real place) whilst passing.

I had two pints of Harveys Sussex as a take away from the Express Brentford and although it was the best selling beer of the day it was very poor.Do you think Harveys are back brewing ?

rpadam
21-06-2020, 22:13
I had two pints of Harveys Sussex as a take away from the Express Brentford and although it was the best selling beer of the day it was very poor.Do you think Harveys are back brewing ?
Yes, they have been brewing at a reduced scale throughout the pandemic in order to keep their yeast strain alive and service some takeaway outlets in addition to a limited selection from the online shop. So, unfortunately, I sounds like you got the end of an old barrel to me.

oldboots
22-06-2020, 08:49
A more interesting week than of late, thanks partly to the Beerhawk fathers day gift box from my son,

Roosters - Yankee
Augustiner - Helles
Harveys - Imperial Extra Double Stout
Roosters - One Trick Pony
Bad Co - Love Over Gold
Bad Co - Lager
Roosters - Twenty Four Seven
Turning Point - Rare Candy
Harrogate - Plum Porter
Magic Rock - Saucery
Wild Beer - Pogo
Camden - Hells Lager
Tiny Rebel - Clwb Tropica
Vocation - Yakima Pilsner

A fair number of citrus/fruity IPAs but once again Munich wins, Augustiner - Helles

Bucking Fastard
22-06-2020, 13:22
A very enjoyable week

Thornbridge -- Jaipur IPA (c)
Vocation -- Life & Death (c)
Blue Monkey -- Geurilla Plum Stout (b)
Marble/Brouwerij Krees -- Caramel Vanilla imperial Milkshake Stout (b)
Marble -- Lagonda IPA (c)
Marble -- Earl Grey IPA (c)

Some great tasting beers and a standout BOTW from Marble/Krees Caramel Vanilla Imperial Milkshake Stout ,a 12.5% father's day present and imparting all those flavours during a leisurely post footie retrospective on a strange season so far.

Next week expecting a late Titanic delivery .

Mobyduck
22-06-2020, 18:23
North Brew Sputnik
North Brew Pinata
Buxton Storm Shadow
BrewDog Dead Pony Club
Vocation Love & Hate
Vocation Life & Death
Vocation/Crate Cooler Shaker
Lagunitas IPA
Salt Jute

Good stuff, BOTW Vocation Love & Hate

Thuck Phat
23-06-2020, 10:56
Almost smelling the cask:

Marble Berimbolo*
Northern Monk New World IPA*
Thornbridge Jaipur IPA
Marble Lagonda IPA*
Roosters Baby Faced Assassin*
Marble Manchester Bitter (mini keg)*
BrewDog Elvis Juice*
Marble Cubbio Damage*
Marble Cross Collar
BrewDog Dead Pony Club*

A good week which would normally have been won by the Cubbio Damage but the mini keg dispense means that BOTW goes to Marble Manchester Bitter. Prefer the Lagonda generally but the Manchester was an ideal quaffing ale on a warm afternoon.

aleandhearty
23-06-2020, 15:21
Polished off the Firebrand delivery and made a sizeable dent in the Saltaire one. Topped up with more supermarket cans.

Saltaire - Amarillo. (b)
Saltaire - Citra. (b)
Saltaire - South Island. (b)
Saltaire - Imperial Triple Choc. (b)
Firebrand - Patchwork Rocket Pale. (c)
Firebrand - West Coast Session IPA. (c)
Firebrand - Graffiti IPA. (c)
Firebrand - Coffee Stout. (c)
Purity - Longhorn IPA. (c)
Bad Co. - Wild Gravity. (c)
Bad Co - Dark Necessities. (c)
Bad Co - Boston Tea Party. (c)
Brewdog - Punk IPA. (c)

Hard to look beyond the ITC, for the second week running, although the Graffiti deserves an honorable mention.