View Full Version : All-time favourite comedy films:

Tris39
07-05-2020, 17:16
My favourites are:

A Fish Called Wanda
Airplane!
Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
Best in Show
Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan
Galaxy Quest
Kingpin
Mr. Hulot's Holiday
Monty Python's Life of Brian
The Naked Gun
The Pink Panther (1 to 4)
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Slap Shot
Snatch
Take the Money and Run
Team America: World Police
This is Spinal Tap
Top Secret
Toy Story (1 and 2)
Trading Places

Delboy20
07-05-2020, 21:20
Coming To America
Trading Places
Home Alone
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Cannonball Run (1&2)
Naked Gun
The Hangover
American Pie
Most Carry On's
Shaun Of The Dead
Hot Fuzz
The Worlds End
Ghostbusters
Animal House

Lady Grey
08-05-2020, 14:27
Most of the Carry On films
Nine to Five
Private Benjamin
What's up Doc?
The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the desert
Some like it hot
The Return of the Pink Panther

Oggwyn Trench
08-05-2020, 14:30
Blazing Saddles
Animal House
Airplane
Ghostbusters
Its a Mad Mad Mad World
Any of the old Ealing comedies .
The Three Musketeers (the Michael York/Oliver Reed version)

I do like the Carry On films but i cant stand the ones with Barbara Windsor in , the best being Carry on Screaming and Carry on Cleo.

oldboots
08-05-2020, 15:50
No list is complete without Laurel & Hardy, The Marx Brothers, Alistair Sim, Peter Cook, or Tony Hancock.

The Music Box
Sons of the Desert
Duck Soup
Kind Hearts & Coronets
The Ladykillers
Passport to Pimlico
Laughter in Paradise
Carry On Up The Khyber
Young Frankenstein
Bedazzled (1967)
The Wrong Box
The Rebel
Dark Star
Withnail & I
Jabberwocky
Life of Brian
This is Spinal Tap
The Naked Gun
Hot Fuzz
Team America: World Police

Oggwyn Trench
08-05-2020, 16:33
I have got a few mates who have made a half decent living playing in Bands and touring the UK and Europe without ever making it big , they watch This is Spinal Tap through their fingers as its so close to reality .
Also This is Spinal Tap made Shrewsbury Town shirts the coolest on the planet :notworthy:

Tris39
08-05-2020, 17:04
I have got a few mates who have made a half decent living playing in Bands and touring the UK and Europe without ever making it big , they watch This is Spinal Tap through their fingers as its so close to reality .
Also This is Spinal Tap made Shrewsbury Town shirts the coolest on the planet :notworthy:

I can well believe it. In 1994 my ex was invited out for a drink and meal by her best friend who was a secretary for an A & R company, accompanied by some members of Toto, who behaved in a rather stereotypical rock 'n' roll way. When the men went to the loo (or perhaps to do something in the loo not sanctioned by law), my ex turned to her friend and said 'This is so Spinal Tap!' - she wasn't amused.

Tris39
14-05-2020, 18:00
Given what's happening at the moment, The Andromeda Strain seems somewhat light-hearted...

oldboots
14-05-2020, 18:38
Given what's happening at the moment, The Andromeda Strain seems somewhat light-hearted...

Or perhaps the 1970s show "Survivors" may be prescient, or am I spreading a conspiracy theory?

Tris39
15-05-2020, 17:54
Or perhaps the 1970s show "Survivors" may be prescient, or am I spreading a conspiracy theory?

28 Days Later is like Four Weddings and a Funeral compared to walking through King's Cross/St. Pancras at the moment!:eek:

ETA
17-08-2020, 12:55
Is this a genuine new person or spam advertising?

Mobyduck
17-08-2020, 17:28
Is this a genuine new person or spam advertising?

Spam

ROBCamra
17-08-2020, 17:48
Spammer is a goner.

I also edited your post ETA to remove the spammers content from the post. :cheers:

ETA
17-08-2020, 21:44
I also edited your post ETA to remove the spammer's content from the post. :cheers:

Fair enough.

rpadam
17-08-2020, 22:33
No, it's the illuminati getting everybody who received last year's flu jab to spread that conspiracy theory!