PDA

View Full Version : Just NOT funny

Al Bundy
19-04-2020, 07:36
Ten 'comedians/comedy act' who are simply rubbish.

Charlie Chaplin
Tommy Cooper
Hale and Pace
Romesh Ragnawhateverhisname
Steve Martin
Lenny Henry
Harry Hill
Lee Evans
Jerry Lewis
Abbot and Costello.

I'll think of others but... Oh, Cheech And Chong are shite as well, but for now this lot will do.

Aqualung
19-04-2020, 07:55
Humour is a very personal thing. My mother couldn't stand Monty Python but loves Benny Hill.
I can't agree about Tommy Cooper or to a lesser extent Lenny Henry.
Here are a few that just annoy me

Benny Hill
Ken Dodd
Arthur Askey
Michael McIntye
Mike & Bernie Winters
Woody Allen
Peter Kaye

Mobyduck
19-04-2020, 08:34
The Krankies
Alan Carr
That Lillie savage fella
Micky Flanagan
John Bishop

oldboots
19-04-2020, 09:38
A personal thing but I detest this lot

David Baddiel
Charlie Brooker
Ben Elton (apart from the Young Ones & Blackadder, everything else is total shite)
Nick Frost
Ricky Gervais
Miranda Hart
Paul Kaye
Nish Kumar
Freddie Starr
Jimmy Tarbuck
Reg Varney
Norman Wisdom

When it comes to crap TV shows, most US stuff but especially Friends, these are a real pair of stinkers "Back to Life" and "Stath Lets Flats".

Lady Grey
19-04-2020, 09:40
Ricky Gervais
Michael McIntyre
Jim Davison
Leigh Francis (Keith Lemon) I know he is not strictly a comedien, but I am including him for his crimes against entertainment.
Miranda Hart
Sarah Millican

Tris39
19-04-2020, 17:44
Ten 'comedians/comedy act' who are simply rubbish.

Charlie Chaplin
Tommy Cooper
Hale and Pace
Romesh Ragnawhateverhisname
Steve Martin
Lenny Henry
Harry Hill
Lee Evans
Jerry Lewis
Abbot and Costello.

I'll think of others but... Oh, Cheech And Chong are shite as well, but for now this lot will do.

Some stinkers here but maybe Charlie Chaplin is just too dated. Cooper could be funny 'spoon...jar...jar...spoon' but Lee Evans was dreadful and just a rip-off of the equally (if not worse) Jerry Lewis.

bcfczuluarmy
19-04-2020, 17:50
Noel Fielding, bloke's an unfunny cock.

ETA
20-04-2020, 06:51
Ross Noble
Sarah Millican
Romesh Ranganathan
Michael MacIntyre
Alan Davies
Lenny Henry
Reginald Hunter
Russel Brand
Jimmy Carr
Lee Evans
Peter Kaye
Alan Carr
Harry Hill

Komakino
20-04-2020, 11:42
Looks like most of us agree:

Michael McIntyre
Miranda Hart

"And coming up next on BBC1, Miranda Hart Live, where Miranda falls over on stage; for 2 hours"

Aqualung
20-04-2020, 13:44
I never found Max Boyce at all funny.

oldboots
20-04-2020, 17:20
Looks like most of us agree:

Michael McIntyre
Miranda Hart

"And coming up next on BBC1, Miranda Hart Live, where Miranda falls over on stage; for 2 hours"

Ricky Gervais
Lee Evans
Romesh Ranganathan
Lenny Henry
Alan Carr
Harry Hill
and Sarah Millican aren't too popular either.

2111 comes up as well which is odd as several people had Phoenix Nights as a favourite, a mix up with 2112 perhaps?

Brainypool
20-04-2020, 20:48
2111 comes up as well which is odd as several people had Phoenix Nights as a favourite, a mix up with 2112 perhaps?

Phoenix Nights was brilliant but I have found his professional northerner act a bit tedious at times. However, he’s a genius compared to some of the nightmares listed on this thread.

Komakino
21-04-2020, 01:08
Andy Parsons, late of Mock The Work is another I don't find funny, with his "let's-state-something-really-obvious-for-a-cheap-laugh-then-look-at-the-audience-to-check-they're-really-laughing" style.

Tris39
21-04-2020, 15:13
Andy Parsons, late of Mock The Work is another I don't find funny, with his "let's-state-something-really-obvious-for-a-cheap-laugh-then-look-at-the-audience-to-check-they're-really-laughing" style.

Yup. You've got his annoying - stilted - delivery down to a tee.

Quinno
22-04-2020, 15:57
Nish Kumar (SHOUTING, SHOUTING OVER OTHERS AND SHOUTY CONTRIVED LAUGHING AT HIS OWN JOKES)
Shappi Korsandi (see 'the Shappi Clause' as to how she (and some others on this list) keep getting gigs - 2124
Eddie Izzard (tried numerous times, never 'got it' which makes me think there's nothing to get)
Lee Evans (literally pointless)
Russell Howard (saw him live, one joke pony seemingly centered around people looking a 'bit rapey' - student union level stuff)
Russell Brand (there's a particular type of person who likes him, the type I try to actively avoid meeting)
Jeremy Hardy (token leftie to keep - or kept now I suppose - the Guardian readers tuning into Radio 4 panel shows)
Rich Hall (no idea how gets gigs on panel shows)
Joe Wilkinson (laboured)
Josie Long (less comedy more whining)
Roy Chubby Brown (pound shop Bernard Manning)
Tommy Cooper (it's just ropey one-liners and gurning)
Sandi Toksvig (not sure if she really counts anymore but my god she's smug)
Cannon & Ball (made Little & Large look like comedic titans)
Nina Conti (the one joke ran thin fairly quickly)

Sadly, I think Frankie Boyle has pissed away a genuine intelligence and wit by becoming so unpleasant.

Tris39
22-04-2020, 16:49
Nish Kumar (SHOUTING, SHOUTING OVER OTHERS AND SHOUTY CONTRIVED LAUGHING AT HIS OWN JOKES)
Shappi Korsandi (see 'the Shappi Clause' as to how she (and some others on this list) keep getting gigs - 2124
Eddie Izzard (tried numerous times, never 'got it' which makes me think there's nothing to get)
Lee Evans (literally pointless)
Russell Howard (saw him live, one joke pony seemingly centered around people looking a 'bit rapey' - student union level stuff)
Russell Brand (there's a particular type of person who likes him, the type I try to actively avoid meeting)
Jeremy Hardy (token leftie to keep - or kept now I suppose - the Guardian readers tuning into Radio 4 panel shows)
Rich Hall (no idea how gets gigs on panel shows)
Joe Wilkinson (laboured)
Josie Long (less comedy more whining)
Roy Chubby Brown (pound shop Bernard Manning)
Tommy Cooper (it's just ropey one-liners and gurning)
Sandi Toksvig (not sure if she really counts anymore but my god she's smug)
Cannon & Ball (made Little & Large look like comedic titans)
Nina Conti (the one joke ran thin fairly quickly)

Sadly, I think Frankie Boyle has pissed away a genuine intelligence and wit by becoming so unpleasant.

Yup. Inclined to agree with everything here save for the late Jeremy Hardy, but then perhaps I fit his core demographic. :)

Quinno
22-04-2020, 21:03
Yup. Inclined to agree with everything here save for the late Jeremy Hardy, but then perhaps I fit his core demographic. :)

Ah well you've still got Marcus Brigstock I suppose. He's bits of Hardy and Toksvig combined.

I want to thoroughly dislike Mark Steele but his 'In Town' series on R4 really is good, with a lot of excellent research and audeince empathy; a very tough assignment and original as well.

Bucking Fastard
23-04-2020, 07:35
I want to thoroughly dislike Mark Steele

Difficult for me as he supports the Palace ;)

Tris39
23-04-2020, 17:14
Ah well you've still got Marcus Brigstock I suppose. He's bits of Hardy and Toksvig combined.

I want to thoroughly dislike Mark Steele but his 'In Town' series on R4 really is good, with a lot of excellent research and audeince empathy; a very tough assignment and original as well.

I don't mind Marcus Brigstock but Sandi Toxic's smugness is tedious, as it her tendency to say 'Errrmmm...' every time she believes she's said something witty.
Steele's '...in Town' series is good fun too.

oldboots
23-04-2020, 18:13
Bloody Miranda Hart just came on Big Night In, I’ll give em £50 if they take her off NOW!

Brainypool
23-04-2020, 18:14
Oh, no one said Jack Whitehall yet?

Quinno
24-04-2020, 10:43
Oh, no one said Jack Whitehall yet?

He's still got a small amount of credit in the bank for Inbetweeners

Tris39
07-05-2020, 17:15
And don't forget comedy actors. My no. 1 pet hate has to be:

Jim Carey.

oldboots
07-05-2020, 18:36
And don't forget comedy actors. My no. 1 pet hate has to be:

Jim Carey.

Agreed, as I said here (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?31420-Least-favourite-films-of-all-time) post #8