PDA

View Full Version : when the pubs do reopen

london calling
18-04-2020, 20:27
My wife said to me tonight.When the pubs do reopen I suppose you will be going out that night. Without doubt even if they have to disconnect my ventilator said I. Probably true as it will be a historic day for us pissheads.Will you go out or leave it a few days.

rpadam
18-04-2020, 20:28
My wife said to me tonight.When the pubs do reopen I suppose you will be going out that night. Without doubt even if they have to disconnect my ventilator said I. Probably true as it will be a historic day for us pissheads.Will you go out or leave it a few days.
I'll be back out on day one!

london calling
18-04-2020, 20:32
I'll be back out on day one!

Good Man

Bucking Fastard
18-04-2020, 20:42

I'm in on Day 1 and it could be messy.

Komakino
18-04-2020, 20:59
Had my last beer on 18th March and although the other half has bought me some beers to drink at home (ironically, cans of Vocation Life & Death which seem to popular on these pages), I'm debating whether to stick it out until Boris gives us all the green light. I might even try and make the next PuG crawl as I'm enjoying all the threads and banter that have been going on since the Great Pubs Closure of 2020 was enacted.

london calling
18-04-2020, 21:14
Had my last beer on 18th March and although the other half has bought me some beers to drink at home (ironically, cans of Vocation Life & Death which seem to popular on these pages), I'm debating whether to stick it out until Boris gives us all the green light. I might even try and make the next PuG crawl as I'm enjoying all the threads and banter that have been going on since the Great Pubs Closure of 2020 was enacted.

I rarely go to the PUG crawls unless they are in the south as I don't like travelling.Def going to Birmingham as that's somewhere I have wanted to go to for a long time
Been to Winchester drinking a few times but have been ticking new beers and have found it Shitsville.Will def be on on the crawl if it happens.

oldboots
18-04-2020, 21:15

Good Lord, is there any question? Ah yes: what time will they open?

Bucking Fastard
18-04-2020, 21:18
Good Lord, is there any question? Ah yes: what time will they open?

Wetherspoons open early :whistle:

oldboots
18-04-2020, 21:30
Wetherspoons open early :whistle:

7am it is then :D

Wittenden
18-04-2020, 22:43
Will you go out or leave it a few days.

Dunno. I don't like crowds, and I don't really want to creep out to a pub without drinkable beer.

Aqualung
19-04-2020, 08:05
I'll leave it a few days. Wittendon above is dead right.

Mobyduck
19-04-2020, 08:23
If its a properly run pub there should be nothing wrong with the beer,if its crowded such is life, I'll be straight in there.

Delboy20
19-04-2020, 08:29
I'll be having a pint as soon as I am allowed to! No question.

Aqualung
19-04-2020, 10:20
I'm hearing on the News today that pubs & restaurants are likely to be the last to open up. They're talking about them staying closed for months rather than weeks. If they are still enforcing the distancing it's hard to see how a pub could viably operate.

Mobyduck
19-04-2020, 10:24
I'm hearing on the News today that pubs & restaurants are likely to be the last to open up. They're talking about them staying closed for months rather than weeks. If they are still enforcing the distancing it's hard to see how a pub could viably operate.

One in - one out, a long queue and an even longer wait.

oldboots
19-04-2020, 10:47
One in - one out, a long queue and an even longer wait.

Especially in a Wetherspoons, and they'll ask "who's next?"

Mobyduck
19-04-2020, 10:58
Especially in a Wetherspoons, and they'll ask "who's next?"

Nearly always a long wait in Spoons.

AlanH
19-04-2020, 11:50
Dunno. I don't like crowds, and I don't really want to creep out to a pub without drinkable beer.

I am the same. I probably won't dash out on opening day for the same reason that I don't go out Xmas Eve or New Years Eve. I prefer everyday normality and not rammed pubs, and as Wittenden says, Real Ale will take a while to come on tap with the pubs unlikely to get much notice of reopening.

AlanH
19-04-2020, 12:05
I rarely go to the PUG crawls unless they are in the south as I don't like travelling.Def going to Birmingham as that's somewhere I have wanted to go to for a long time

I only go to PuG crawls in the North because it's hard to get back to North Wales from the South (and Far East) but Birmingham a definite.

Could be a record attendance. Will it be ticket only? :lol: :drinkup: :cheers:

Tris39
19-04-2020, 16:24

Absolutely. It will be the hospitality and entertainment industries that open last and as you say, more likely many more months than years. Any relaxation on the curfew will probably be for little more than visiting relatives. That said, I'll be in poll position on P. E. Day (Pub Event Day).

bcfczuluarmy
19-04-2020, 16:49
And how many do these industries employ compared to Primark and unsustainable businesses like Debenhams. Join the dole queue but you can buy clothes that you can't afford as pubs etc haven't been able to reopen and you've no income as you haven't got your job back?

london calling
19-04-2020, 20:41
The BBA or some such org has said pubs need 3 weeks notice before opening which will put the day of reckoning even further back.Tosh