PDA

View Full Version : We haven't done TV comedies yet

oldboots
10-04-2020, 18:14
Popular Music and Films look to be nearly finished so should we do TV comedy next? Top 10 or 15 as you like but remember On the Buses & Love Thy Neighbour will lose you points; anything from 1955 to 2020, I suppose unless anyone does a top 5 or so by the decade, (that'll get harder as time passes :mad:). Live action only so no Family Guy or Rick & Morty yheeeees Rick or the amazing The Simpsons (cartoons next?), UK or US accepted or split them up if you want.

Still working on a list :o

Tris39
10-04-2020, 18:31
,,,but remember On the Buses & Love Thy Neighbour will lose you points.

...and what about Mind Your Language?

For me:

Fawlty Towers :notworthy:
Rising Damp
Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em
Are You Being Served
Dad's Army
Steptoe and Son
Citizen Smith
The Good Life
Sykes
Blackadder

Mobyduck
10-04-2020, 18:38
Popular Music and Films look to be nearly finished so should we do TV comedy next? Top 10 or 15 as you like but remember On the Buses & Love Thy Neighbour will lose you points; anything from 1955 to 2020, I suppose unless anyone does a top 5 or so by the decade, (that'll get harder as time passes :mad:). Live action only so no Family Guy or Rick & Morty yheeeees Rick or the amazing The Simpsons (cartoons next?), UK or US accepted or split them up if you want.

Still working on a list :o

A few that come to mind.

The Rise And Fall Of Reginald Perrin
The Fall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin
Taxi
Dads Army
Porridge
Only Fools And Horses
Q - Spike Milligan
Shooting Stars
The Fast Show
Fawlty Towers ( just saw Tris's list) :whistle:

oldboots
10-04-2020, 18:50
A few that come to mind.

The Rise And Fall Of Reginald Perrin
The Fall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin

Which is the Leonard Rossiter one and which is the crap one with Martin Clunes, or that bloke with the ears from Men Behaving Badly? oh there's one, I thank you.

london calling
10-04-2020, 18:54
Was watching repeats the other day and
Father Ted is supreme

Mobyduck
10-04-2020, 19:34
Which is the Leonard Rossiter one and which is the crap one with Martin Clunes, or that bloke with the ears from Men Behaving Badly? oh there's one, I thank you.

Thought they were all Rossiter , forget any Clunes efforts.

bcfczuluarmy
10-04-2020, 19:42
For a new comedy "Meet the Richardsons" given the mocumentaries this really does make you laugh. https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/meet-the-richardsons/watch-online/?adfp=Search_Adwords_Search_meet-the-richardsons&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg_ur6c7e6AIV2IbVCh2F8QZtEAAYASAA EgKrlfD_BwE

Delboy20
10-04-2020, 19:49
Too many too mention but here are a few:

Porridge
Ever Decreasing Circles
The Good Life
Fawlty Towers
Only Fools And Horses
Black Adder (Esp Goes Forth)
Early Doors
Reggie Perrin
Men Behaving Badly
The Young Ones
Red Dwarf
Steptoe And Son
To The Manor Born

Aqualung
10-04-2020, 19:59
People seem to be going for Sitcoms whereas the category is TV comedies.
In no particular order:-

Fawlty Towers
One Foot In The Grave
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Do Not Adjust Your Set
At last The 1948 Show
Not The Nine O'clock News
The Office
Extras
The Young Ones
Early Doors

Oggwyn Trench
10-04-2020, 22:02
The Young Ones
Pulp Video
Big Train
Not the Nine O`Clock News
Q
The Fast Show
Spitting Image {the first couple of series}
Kenny Everetts TV Show
Brass Eye
Married with Children
Sledgehammer

Komakino
10-04-2020, 23:26
Police Squad!
Blackadder (series 2-4)
Vic Reeves' Big Night Out
The Fast Show
I'm Alan Partridge
The Office
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Parks and Recreation

Pubsignman
11-04-2020, 00:21
Phoenix Nights
The Day Today
Father Ted
The League of Gentlemen
Blackadder
The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin
Fleabag
The Mark Thomas Comedy Product
Fantasy Football League
Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe

ETA
11-04-2020, 06:49
Fawlty Towers
Blackadder 1 - 4
M*A*S*H
Dad's Army
The Goodies
Goodnight Sweetheart
It Ain't Half Hot Mum
Only Fools and Horses
Porridge
Men Behaving Badly

oldboots
11-04-2020, 09:49
Monty Python
Father Ted
Early Doors
Dinner Ladies
Men Behaving Badly
Bottom
Rising Damp
Third Rock from the Sun
Big Bang Theory
The Good Place

plus most of what others have said. I rewatched Q recently and thought Spike Milligan wouldn't get away with even half of that these days, definitely of its time.

aleandhearty
11-04-2020, 10:17
Fawlty Towers.
One Foot in the Grave.
Monty Python.
The Young Ones.
Early Doors.
Dad's Army.
Blackadder. (2 & 3)
Shooting Stars.
League of Gentlemen.
Psychoville.
Inside No. 9.
This is Jinsy.
Dinnerladies.
Peep Show.
Yes, Minister / Yes, Prime Minister.
Fleabag.
Absolutely Fabulous.
I Didn't Know You Cared.

Bewitched.
My Name is Earl.
Phil Silvers Show / Bilko.
Everybody Loves Raymond.
Frasier.
M*A*S*H.

Al Bundy
11-04-2020, 13:16
Off the top of my head time:

Rising Damp (by a mile)
Early Doors
Dads Army
Married... With Children
Red Dwarf
Porridge
Fawlty Towers
Blackadder 2,3,4
Sgt Bilko

AlanH
11-04-2020, 17:39
Flowery Twats
Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads
One Foot In The Grave
Father Ted
Mrs Brown
Dad's Army
Rising Damp
Only Fools And Horses
Steptoe and Son
Last Of The Summer Wine
Oh Doctor Beeching
Are You Being Served

london calling
11-04-2020, 20:26
Havent watched much tv in the last 20 years but
Porrige
George and Mildred
One Foot in the Grave
Rising Damp
and surprised little love showed for
Some Mothers do av Em

Brainypool
11-04-2020, 20:32
I hardly ever watch TV. But have always thought Father Ted, Phoenix Nights, The Thick of It and Royle Family are brilliant.

Lady Grey
12-04-2020, 01:40
Hancock's half hour
The league of Gentlemen
Bread
Friends (hang my head in shame)
Shine on Harvey Moon - anything written by Laurence Marks and Maurice Gran.
Goodnight sweetheart - Marks and Gran again.
Red Dwarf
Hi-de-hi!
Gimmie gimmie gimmie
Birds of a fevver (not a spelling mistake!)
More to come.....

oldboots
12-04-2020, 09:14
I had a look at the shelf nearest my home cinema system at what titles were there which sort of expands my lists;

Monty Python movies box set + series 1-4
Blackadder box set
Bottom series 1-3
Jabberwocky
That Peter Kay Thing + Phoenix Nights 1&2
Fast Show Live
Little Britain 1&2
Best of Victoria Wood As Seen on TV + Dinner Ladies box set
The High Life
Ripping Yarns
Fawlty Towers 1&2
Rising Damp box set
Gavin & Stacy box set
Father Ted 1-3 + Christmas special
League of Gentlemen 1-3 + Christmas special + Live + Live Again + Apocalypse
Red Dwarf 1-12
Early Doors box set
The Goodies At Last
I Didn't Know You Cared box set
Young Ones series 1
In The Loop
Dark Star
Blues Brothers

Tris39
12-04-2020, 17:23
I had a look at the shelf nearest my home cinema system at what titles were there which sort of expands my lists;

The Goodies At Last

R.I.P. Tim Brooke-Taylor. :pray:

oldboots
12-04-2020, 17:58

Indeed he will be missed, I'm sorry I haven't a clue will not be the same

Tris39
13-04-2020, 17:31
Indeed he will be missed, I'm sorry I haven't a clue will not be the same

About 45 years ago my North London cub scout troops did a sponsored charity walk and a couple of minor celebrities came along and he walked with our group for about an hour - nice block.
Shortly before The Albert (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/54346/) closed I saw him propping up the bar. I was going to say 'hello' but thought better of it.

Aqualung
13-04-2020, 22:03
Agreed and I did pass him once in a central London street. I didn't know that he wrote the classic 4 Yorkshire Men sketch that everyone associates with Python but was in the "At Last The 1948 Show" which was one of my choices and was an ancestor of Monty Python. The radio ancestor was "I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again" which definitely featured John Cleese, Bill Oddie and him.

Aqualung
13-04-2020, 22:07
I don't recall anyone mentioning the Vicar Of Dibley or the Royle Family but I haven't studied it closely!

oldboots
14-04-2020, 09:25
Agreed and I did pass him once in a central London street. I didn't know that he wrote the classic 4 Yorkshire Men sketch that everyone associates with Python but was in the "At Last The 1948 Show" which was one of my choices and was an ancestor of Monty Python. The radio ancestor was "I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again" which definitely featured John Cleese, Bill Oddie and him.

You missed "Do Not Adjust Your Set", allegedly a kids programme but another direct ancestor of Monty Python (Eric Idle, Michael Palin and Terry Jones).

It also starred David Jason, who possibly could have become a Python, Neil Innes (Rutland Weekend Television with Eric Idle) and the rest of the Bonzo Dog Do Dah Band including the very weird Viv Stanshall (the announcer on Tubular Bells). Most importantly I believe it was the brainchild of Denise Coffey the sadly now forgotten god-mother of that kind of comedy.

Cleese of course was in TW3 in the famous class sketch with the Two Ronnies (before they were the Two Ronnies), not really a MP ancestor though.

Someone's already done this on TV in a show called "Comedy Connections" or something similar.

Real Ale Ray
14-04-2020, 09:32
This will be a long list, I do love my comedy:

Peep Show
IT Crowd
Pub Landlord
Father Ted
Royle Family
Black Books
Young Ones
Men Behaving Badly
Little Britain
Come Fly With Me
Gimme Gimme Gimme
I'm Alan Partridge
One Foot In The Grave
The Goodies
Ever Decreasing Circles
Dad's Army
Steptoe & Son
Harry Enfield & Chums
Blackadder (The Drunken Roar episode is a particular favourite)
Dinner Ladies
The Office
Vic & Bob's Big Night Out
Fawlty Towers
Hi-De-Hi
Frasier
Two And A Half Men

Real Ale Ray
14-04-2020, 09:34
I don't recall anyone mentioning the Vicar Of Dibley or the Royle Family but I haven't studied it closely!

Mrs Ale is a huge fan of Vicar of Dibley

Real Ale Ray
14-04-2020, 09:36
Just remembered two more:

Toast
Count Arthur Strong

Think I'll stop now...

Mobyduck
14-04-2020, 09:49
[QUOTE=oldboots;107687]and the rest of the Bonzo Dog Do Dah Band including the very weird Viv Stanshall (the announcer on Tubular Bells).

I did see Viv Stanshall perform once in a guest appearance with Bob Kerrs Whoopee Band, a later offshoot of the Bonzos. He was certainly a man in his own zone.

Komakino
14-04-2020, 10:50
Mrs Ale is a huge fan of Vicar of Dibley

This pub (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/58016/) was used for the external shots in VoD.

Tris39
14-04-2020, 16:44
This pub (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/58016/) was used for the external shots in VoD.

Bramley Arms (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/74505/) featured in Quadrophenia, Steptoe & Son, The Blue Lamp and The Lavender Hill Mob.

Tris39
14-04-2020, 17:07
This will be a long list, I do love my comedy:

One Foot In The Grave

One Foot in the Grave.

In no particular order:-

One Foot In The Grave

Apparently The Golden Lion (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/22796/) featured externally and internally in the last-ever episode, with Paul Merton playing the pub landlord.

Pubsignman
14-04-2020, 17:51
Apparently The Golden Lion (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/22796/) featured externally and internally in the last-ever episode, with Paul Merton playing the pub landlord.

And Victor Meldrew was killed off in the same episode (sorry, *spoiler alert*), over the road from this pub in Hampshire - The Bridge Inn (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/59876/)

ROBCamra
14-04-2020, 18:59
Not sure it's been mentioned, but I really used to enjoy Who Dares Wins.

Quite a few of the cast and writers have gone on to bigger things.

Even went to see the live show twice. As an encore they split the audience into 3 groups and we all sang the F**kin' hell song.

I often wondered what the people passing the Palace theatre at 10:30 p.m. on a Sunday made of that. :evilgrin:

Tony Robinson wandering around naked shouting "Who's nicked my clothes" was an ongoing gag in the stage show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Dares_Wins_(TV_series)

london calling
14-04-2020, 20:56
You missed "Do Not Adjust Your Set", allegedly a kids programme but another direct ancestor of Monty Python (Eric Idle, Michael Palin and Terry Jones).

It also starred David Jason, who possibly could have become a Python, Neil Innes (Rutland Weekend Television with Eric Idle) and the rest of the Bonzo Dog Do Dah Band including the very weird Viv Stanshall (the announcer on Tubular Bells). Most importantly I believe it was the brainchild of Denise Coffey the sadly now forgotten god-mother of that kind of comedy.

Cleese of course was in TW3 in the famous class sketch with the Two Ronnies (before they were the Two Ronnies), not really a MP ancestor though.

Someone's already done this on TV in a show called "Comedy Connections" or something similar.

I liked Do not Adjust.Remember Denise Coffey as well. Sadly short lived series if I remember correctly. David Jason was in a lot of comedies without much success.He was in Lucky Fellar as Shorty Mepstead which I found funny.Then he got his big break.

Tris39
15-04-2020, 18:04

It also starred David Jason, who possibly could have become a Python...

I think that Tim Brooke-Taylor came very close to being a Python too.

bcfczuluarmy
15-04-2020, 22:50
Meet the Richardson's that's just been on Dave is the funniest thing I've seen for ages. Mockumentaries are funny but don't make you laugh like classic comedies.

oldboots
16-04-2020, 07:45
Meet the Richardson's that's just been on Dave is the funniest thing I've seen for ages. Mockumentaries are funny but don't make you laugh like classic comedies.

Not only is he fortunate enough to live near Hebden Bridge, he has a pub "The Dog & Bastard" in his shed, (I won't mention Jake Thackeray although I am also a fan)

Quinno
16-04-2020, 15:51
I'm a big fan of tv comedy. Here's a few that I haven't seen mentioned in other lists, that I own the DVD of;

Dave Allen Show
Getting On
Grandma's House
Inbetweeners
Kath & Kim
Lead Balloon
Nathan Barley
Outnumbered (the earlier series)
South Park
Still Game
Nighty Night

My favourites from the usual suspects;

Blackadder (2 & 3)
Brass Eye
Father Ted
Fawlty Towers
Inside No. 9 (though that straddles genres)
IT Crowd
The League of Gentlemen
The Office
One Foot In The Grave
Only Fools And Horses (up until the arrival of the two girlfriends, which killed off half the point of the 'situation')
Peep Show
Phoenix Nights
Psychoville
Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em
Steptoe and Son
Thick of It
Yes Minister/Prime Minister
The Young Ones (Series one, two is surprisingly dull in places, re-watching it a few months back)

I've never seen The Goodies - partly due to the BBC having some bizarre institutional hatred of it and not repeating the series. One for the furloughed lockdown list...

Tried Fleabag, couldn't stand it, switched off after 15 minutes...!

As for an absolute favourite...it's hard to pick much wrong with Fawlty Towers over repeated viewings. Phoenix Nights runs it close for pure belly laughs.

EDIT: Jeeves & Wooster

aleandhearty
16-04-2020, 16:03

Nighty Night

I've no recollection of Garth Marenghi whatsoever. However, I like Richard Ayoade, so would give it a go. Excellent call with Nighty Night - I'd forgotten that one. Julia Davis was absolutely brilliant.

oldboots
16-04-2020, 17:02
One no-one has mentioned yet is Friday Night Dinner, I only discovered it during the series before the current one and got hooked. Mark Heap is even madder than he was in Green Wing.

Also just thought of Detectorists, beautiful gentle comedy, lovely countryside and a great theme tune.

NickDavies
16-04-2020, 17:31
A few unmentioned which rather randomly spring to mind are Raised by Wolves, Peter Kay's Car Share, Upstart Crow

Tris39
16-04-2020, 18:06
I'm a big fan of tv comedy. Here's a few that I haven't seen mentioned in other lists, that I own the DVD of;

Dave Allen Show

IT Crowd

Tried Fleabag, couldn't stand it, switched off after 15 minutes...!.

Dave Allen was brilliant.
Garth Marenghi was brilliant too, likewise the IT Crowd.

Surprised you lasted even 15 minutes with Fleabag.

Also just thought of Detectorists, beautiful gentle comedy, lovely countryside and a great theme tune.

Fabulous! Reminds me my childhood with a Dad who made his own detectors from scratch - all we ever found were ring pulls and shotgun cartridge caps.

Aqualung
16-04-2020, 18:42
I've remembered two that I liked that haven't been mentioned Trigger Happy TV and Broken News. Broken News was a send up of all News programmes from 24 hour rolling to local .

oldboots
16-04-2020, 18:46
Broken News was a send up of all News programmes from 24 hour rolling to local .

Bit like "The Day Today" from the excellent Chris Morris, or "Drop the Dead Donkey" ?

bcfczuluarmy
16-04-2020, 20:04
Not TV but Radio 4's Down the Line with Gary Bellamy was very funny.

london calling
16-04-2020, 20:40

Dave Allen Show
Getting On
Grandma's House
Inbetweeners
Kath & Kim
Lead Balloon
Nathan Barley
Outnumbered (the earlier series)
South Park
Still Game
Nighty Night

My favourites from the usual suspects;

Blackadder (2 & 3)
Brass Eye
Father Ted
Fawlty Towers
Inside No. 9 (though that straddles genres)
IT Crowd
The League of Gentlemen
The Office
One Foot In The Grave
Only Fools And Horses (up until the arrival of the two girlfriends, which killed off half the point of the 'situation')
Peep Show
Phoenix Nights
Psychoville
Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em
Steptoe and Son
Thick of It
Yes Minister/Prime Minister
The Young Ones (Series one, two is surprisingly dull in places, re-watching it a few months back)

I've never seen The Goodies - partly due to the BBC having some bizarre institutional hatred of it and not repeating the series. One for the furloughed lockdown list...

Tried Fleabag, couldn't stand it, switched off after 15 minutes...!

As for an absolute favourite...it's hard to pick much wrong with Fawlty Towers over repeated viewings. Phoenix Nights runs it close for pure belly laughs.

Watched only 10 mins of Fleabag before I hit the off button.Shocked by it.

london calling
16-04-2020, 20:42
One no-one has mentioned yet is Friday Night Dinner, I only discovered it during the series before the current one and got hooked. Mark Heap is even madder than he was in Green Wing.

Detectorists is great.

Aqualung
16-04-2020, 21:25
Bit like "The Day Today" from the excellent Chris Morris, or "Drop the Dead Donkey" ?I haven't seen either of those but wasn't drop the dead donkey a news based sitcom?
Broken News was more like a spoof amalgam of the news channel, local news and an intervention by a bonkers bloke in Hollywood. There was also a film critic who srarted off praising a film or actor and then going on to mercilessly slag them off.

Quinno
16-04-2020, 22:54
Detectorists is great.

Watched most of the first series of Detectorists at my parents over Xmas. My mum loves it but I couldn't get into it - I can see why it appeals though, it's more of a gentle comedy drama than a proper 'for laughs' comedy. In that vein the original TV adaption of Mapp & Lucia (McEwan, Scales & Hawthorne) is better, for my money.

Good shout for Drop the Dead Donkey - hit and miss but when it hit it was excellent. Really hard for them to always get it right, given they were scripting and filming on the hoof during the week. Remember well the episode with Dave and Henry doing the male stripper routine in their leather jockstraps! :lol: was it for Sally Smedley's birthday?

Tris39
17-04-2020, 17:02

Very funny and a great send-up of phone-in programmes. I thought that Reece Thomas' (Gary Bellamy) 'mockumentary' about the fictional Brian Pern was hysterical, especially the musical adaptation of The Day of the Triffids!

Another Radio 4 cracker was Ed Reardon's Week, available as 13 half-hour audiobooks and great for self-isolation!

oldboots
17-04-2020, 17:25
I haven't seen either of those but wasn't drop the dead donkey a news based sitcom?
Broken News was more like a spoof amalgam of the news channel, local news and an intervention by a bonkers bloke in Hollywood. There was also a film critic who srarted off praising a film or actor and then going on to mercilessly slag them off.

The Day Today was very much a spoof of a news channel, Drop the Dead Donkey was a bit of a hybrid with a spoof of a news channel and some of what might loosely be called "situation comedy" around the vanities and so on of the presenters and journalists.

I wondered if there was a chicken & egg relationship as in "This is Spinal Tap" and "The Comic Strip Presents: The Bad News Tour", I see from the dates it isn't. The film critic bit reminds me a bit of the premise used for the "Dennis Pennis" character.

oldboots
17-04-2020, 17:56
Very funny and a great send-up of phone-in programmes. I thought that Reece Thomas' (Gary Bellamy) 'mockumentary' about the fictional Brian Pern was hysterical, especially the musical adaptation of The Day of the Triffids!

Another Radio 4 cracker was Ed Reardon's Week, available as 13 half-hour audiobooks and great for self-isolation!

Ahh Radio 4 the home of radio comedy; from its roots (as the Home Service) with the Crazy Gang, Arthur Askey and Sticker Murdoch, through ITMA, The Goons, The Navy Lark, The News Quiz, I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue, The Mary Whitehouse Show, The Now Show, Ed Reardon's Week (in spite of the 12 year olds :D) and the pinnacle that is I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue; I could go on. There are comedy gems at 11:30am (12:30 Sat/12:04 Sun), 6:30pm and 11:00pm almost every day, only there could you find a comedy show billed as "Stand-up comedy from triple-threat Rosie Jones - she’s disabled, gay and northern. Prepare to be shocked and disappointed by Rosie’s lack of respect for your expectations." (Rosie Jones - Box Ticker Wednesday 11pm).

A few more radio gems: "Round the Horne" (all those hidden gay jokes in 1960s years before Little Britain); "Fags, Mags & Bags" (for lovers of Navid in Still Game); "Mark Steele's in Town" and Milton Jones (Monday 6:30pm repeat Sunday 12:04). And don't forget the shows that started on radio and moved to TV, League of Gentlemen, Have I Got News For You and Goodness Gracious Me.

ROBCamra
17-04-2020, 18:42
Goodness Gracious Me.

The best bits followed by the first ever show on TV tonight!

Tris39
18-04-2020, 17:59
A few more radio gems: "Round the Horne" (all those hidden gay jokes in 1960s years before Little Britain); "Fags, Mags & Bags" (for lovers of Navid in Still Game); "Mark Steele's in Town" and Milton Jones (Monday 6:30pm repeat Sunday 12:04). And don't forget the shows that started on radio and moved to TV, League of Gentlemen, Have I Got News For You and Goodness Gracious Me.

It's sheer asininity! ;) Some fine things here like Mark Steele and Milton Jones. Other shows to have started on Radio 4 before relocating to TV were The Day Today (Alan Partridge's first appearance), That Mitchell and Webb Sound, Count Arthur Strong, Little Britain, Knowing Me Knowing You (Ahhh-Haaa!)...

london calling
18-04-2020, 18:37
It's sheer asininity! ;) Some fine things here like Mark Steele and Milton Jones. Other shows to have started on Radio 4 before relocating to TV were The Day Today (Alan Partridge's first appearance), That Mitchell and Webb Sound, Count Arthur Strong, Little Britain, Knowing Me Knowing You (Ahhh-Haaa!)...
Count Arthur Strong is not imo a comedy.Drivel comes to mind.

Tris39
30-04-2020, 16:01

One of the folk songs (https://mainlynorfolk.info/folk/songs/themagpie.html) from the third series of The Detectorists recalls '70s kid's programme Magpie (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDNoSi1vbE0), though no Jenny Hanley in Crook's version though...

Delboy20
12-05-2020, 18:58
Too many too mention but here are a few:

Porridge
Ever Decreasing Circles
The Good Life
Fawlty Towers
Only Fools And Horses
Black Adder (Esp Goes Forth)
Early Doors
Reggie Perrin
Men Behaving Badly
The Young Ones
Red Dwarf
Steptoe And Son
To The Manor Born

Completely forgot to mention Yes Minister which was way ahead of its time.

Lady Grey
15-05-2020, 21:09
Just cracked open a boxed set of Father Ted. Deliciously un PC. This is what we want.

Tris39
16-05-2020, 16:27
Not sure it's been mentioned, but I really used to enjoy Who Dares Wins.

Do you mean the so-bad-it's-funny vehicle for Lewis Collins?

And I forgot to mention Curb Your Enthusiasm.

oldboots
16-05-2020, 19:48
Do you mean the so-bad-it's-funny vehicle for Lewis Collins?

And I forgot to mention Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Silly man, it's the one with the bloke's curry dropping out the bag just as he got back from the pub, excellent Friday night fare if you managed to get back from the pub before it started, Rory McGarth, Julia Hills, Jimmy Mulville, Tony Robinson and Phillip Pope, who've all gone to better things (except one) ;)

Tris39
17-05-2020, 17:04
Silly man, it's the one with the bloke's curry dropping out the bag just as he got back from the pub, excellent Friday night fare if you managed to get back from the pub before it started, Rory McGarth, Julia Hills, Jimmy Mulville, Tony Robinson and Phillip Pope, who've all gone to better things (except one) ;)

Hmmm...I don't seem to have ever seen this. I have seen this (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083941/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1) though. Sadly.

oldboots
18-05-2020, 07:32
Hmmm...I don't seem to have ever seen this. I have seen this (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083941/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1) though. Sadly.

This one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN3hcFTZoqw) is much better

Tris39
21-05-2020, 17:19

Here's a lock-down one-off special. (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000j1kl) Hopefully...