PDA

View Full Version : Ubridge english dictionary

london calling
07-04-2020, 20:47
On Scoopgen Chris Walkden posted some alterative descriptions about beer terms He,s good but there are a limited amount of beer terms.Then Rob posted some breweries .Plenty of those to mangle and very good.I will post the list I have sent. Just checking they go through first.

Fullers - had enough beer
Cains -60,s headmasters fav brewery

Aqualung
07-04-2020, 20:59
On Scoopgen Chris Walkden posted some alterative descriptions about beer terms He,s good but there are a limited amount of beer terms.Then Rob posted some breweries .Plenty of those to mangle and very good.I will post the list I have sent. Just checking they go through first.

Fullers - had enough beer

I remember from way back in early CAMRA days someone older than me calling it Full Of Shit and Turnips". they had a poor reputation back then and I think London Pride was relatively new. It was ESB and ditching top pressure that turned it round. Chiswick bitter went down well with those who preferred la lower abv and I reckon is better than Pride.

london calling
07-04-2020, 21:32
I remember from way back in early CAMRA days someone older than me calling it Full Of Shit and Turnips". they had a poor reputation back then and I think London Pride was relatively new. It was ESB and ditching top pressure that turned it round. Chiswick bitter went down well with those who preferred la lower abv and I reckon is better than Pride.
Yep an old mate of mine used to called Fullers that.

oldboots
08-04-2020, 09:07
More in the spirit of the original show,

9 Lives - beer for cats
Bacchus - Beer for horses
Bays - Beer for snooker players
Bellingers - beer for dickheads

Tryst - between your elbow and hand in Yorkshire
Tweed - Yorkshire grass

Kinneil - I don't believe it!

Billericay - like Bill and Eric
Ilkley - Like an Ilk