PDA

View Full Version : Little Green Splodges

Mobyduck
27-03-2020, 08:58
You can tell the pubs are shut, I'm beginning to come up with random questions in an attempt to keep my mind active. What do the little green splodges signify above everyone's avatar? I do remember there was a discussion on this somewhere a few years ago. As far as I can make out Its not on number of posts, current activity? It doesn't seem to be on general contribution either.
Example, I have 4 ,as does Komakino, Sheffield Hatter and Aqualung are on 5 and yet rpadam is on 3? There doesn't seem any rhyme or reason, anyone know, or shall I just go and get a beer from the fridge?

Mobyduck
27-03-2020, 09:17
You can tell the pubs are shut, I'm beginning to come up with random questions in an attempt to keep my mind active. What do the little green splodges signify above everyone's avatar? I do remember there was a discussion on this somewhere a few years ago. As far as I can make out Its not on number of posts, current activity? It doesn't seem to be on general contribution either.
Example, I have 4 ,as does Komakino, Sheffield Hatter and Aqualung are on 5 and yet rpadam is on 3? There doesn't seem any rhyme or reason, anyone know, or shall I just go and get a beer from the fridge?

Ha ha just found the previous thread, (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?23310-Green-blobs&highlight=blobs) guess who started that. :rolleyes:
Which leads to this. (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?1912-Dodgy-Path&highlight=distinguished)

Tris39
27-03-2020, 18:57

Yeah.

And if you hold your mouse pointer over the splodge, you get a tool tip you'd expect to find in a Chinese fortune cookie. Mine reads 'Tris39 has a spectacular aura about' - could this be something to do with me cutting down on washing to save soap?:o

sheffield hatter
27-03-2020, 21:52
Mine reads 'Tris39 has a spectacular aura about' - could this be something to do with me cutting down on washing to save soap?:o

Isn't an aura an energy field, or at least the idea that you can perceive one? Cutting down on washing would result in a pong, not an aura. Nice try, though.

sheffield hatter
27-03-2020, 21:59
Ha ha just found the previous thread, (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?23310-Green-blobs&highlight=blobs) guess who started that. :rolleyes:
Which leads to this. (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?1912-Dodgy-Path&highlight=distinguished)

I don't remember reading either of those threads before. Very strange.

So, "Mobyduck is just really nice", huh? It's OK, Mick - plenty of others are "really nice" too.

I'd still rather be down the pub...

Mobyduck
27-03-2020, 23:22
I'd still rather be down the pub...
So would I but you may have noticed I like to wind some people up sometimes, the problem (or not) is they know I'm doing it.

Mobyduck
27-03-2020, 23:25
By the way, I've just noticed I've just gained a splodge.:cheers:

Tris39
28-03-2020, 19:16
Isn't an aura an energy field, or at least the idea that you can perceive one? Cutting down on washing would result in a pong, not an aura. Nice try, though.

You may say 'energy field', others may say 'phoooeeey'; I'm happy to say that I have now sourced some extra soap though.

I remember some time back, a new contributor wasn't at all happy that his tooltip read 'Spritzer Drinker'. I wonder what happened to him?

Bucking Fastard
28-03-2020, 19:33
I remember some time back, a new contributor wasn't at all happy that his tooltip read 'Spritzer Drinker'. I wonder what happened to him?

That was very humorous .A rare contributor to the forum but prolific photographer (of all sorts of buildings) if I'm not much mistaken.

Komakino
28-03-2020, 20:25
By the way, I've just noticed I've just gained a splodge.:cheers:

Fully deserved... ;)

Mobyduck
28-03-2020, 22:17
Fully deserved... ;)

Thanks.:cheers: