PDA

View Full Version : Summer 2020 Crawl to 'The South' (dates)

rpadam
06-03-2020, 20:17
Based on the range of dates suggested...

Aqualung
10-03-2020, 20:11
I'm going to Wales tomorrow and haven't voted yet. If it turns out that you need a deciding vote between the 10th and 17th of July then the 10th is the only one I can make and will do my best to turn up. I must admit I have misgivings about hot weather for July but Monsoon conditions can't be ruled out.

sheffield hatter
11-03-2020, 19:35
I'm going to Wales tomorrow and haven't voted yet. If it turns out that you need a deciding vote between the 10th and 17th of July then the 10th is the only one I can make and will do my best to turn up.

Well, I thought the vote was just a way of expressing personal preferences in order to get a best fit, but if we're going to do special pleading, I can do any dates apart from the 3rd and 10th of July. So anyone who hasn't voted yet and doesn't want me to come, vote for 10th July!

rpadam
12-03-2020, 20:48
Less than 24 hours to go - 15 people voted for location, but only 11 voting for dates so far, so please use it or lose it!

Tris39
13-03-2020, 19:12
I'm going to Wales tomorrow and haven't voted yet. If it turns out that you need a deciding vote between the 10th and 17th of July then the 10th is the only one I can make and will do my best to turn up. I must admit I have misgivings about hot weather for July but Monsoon conditions can't be ruled out.

Indeed. As I mentioned some time back, it would be better to do a crawl of the South in either the spring or autumn due to the slightly hotter climate - we got barbecued on the July 2016 Oxford crawl.

rpadam
13-03-2020, 20:50
So, Friday the 10th of July it is...

sheffield hatter
13-03-2020, 22:22
So, Friday the 10th of July it is...

I won't be there unless the Rugby League season is cancelled.

rpadam
13-03-2020, 23:28
And I can't make it, due to a big family event (although who knows what's happening more than an hour away at the moment...).

Mobyduck
14-03-2020, 17:59

And I can't make it, due to a big family event (although who knows what's happening more than an hour away at the moment...).

Well tha'ts a big shame , is there anyone who has voted , that can't do the 17th as opposed to the 10th, if so the vote must stand ,but if not.....

sheffield hatter
14-03-2020, 23:19
Well tha'ts a big shame , is there anyone who has voted , that can't do the 17th as opposed to the 10th, if so the vote must stand ,but if not.....

The vote must stand. (Can't understand why Richard didn't fix it, though. :evilgrin:)

rpadam
15-03-2020, 08:23
(Can't understand why Richard didn't fix it, though. :evilgrin:)
I think people might have noticed if I had missed the 10th from the list...

Aqualung
15-03-2020, 12:41
Indeed. As I mentioned some time back, it would be better to do a crawl of the South in either the spring or autumn due to the slightly hotter climate - we got barbecued on the July 2016 Oxford crawl.

The weather can ruin it at any time of the year. If you tried to allow for the weather they would all get cancelled!
While in Wales the Cambrian Coast line was down during my stay but luckily not on the way in and out. The weather was nothing abnormal but there was a very high Spring tide. I also heard that part of Harlech cliff collapsed onto the line.

london calling
16-03-2020, 21:27
The vote must stand. (Can't understand why Richard didn't fix it, though. :evilgrin:)
No doubt Boris will ban this trip later this week.

Mobyduck
26-06-2020, 08:57
So, what are the thoughts on this now, too soon maybe?

oldboots
26-06-2020, 09:09

Pretty much a non-runner I'd have thought.

sheffield hatter
26-06-2020, 11:46

Non-essential use of public transport is still frowned upon. (Though apparently it's ok for hundreds of thousands of idiots in their cars to descend on the beaches (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/25/major-incident-declared-as-people-flock-to-england-south-coast) around Bournemouth, crapping and pissing in the sand dunes.)

Spinko
27-06-2020, 13:14
Non-essential use of public transport is still frowned upon. (Though apparently it's ok for hundreds of thousands of idiots in their cars to descend on the beaches (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/25/major-incident-declared-as-people-flock-to-england-south-coast) around Bournemouth, crapping and pissing in the sand dunes.)

It's only 'guidance' about public transport. Just do what you feel safe with I suppose. I headed to York about five weeks ago and had the train to myself pretty much. Now that's not sustainable...!

I'd be more comfortable going on trains once they do away with this mask nonsense.

Bucking Fastard
27-06-2020, 15:51
I assume that the numbers would have to be restricted to 6 to meet the current guidance which seems to defeat the objective of a PuG crawl sadly.

Maybe aim for something in Birmingham in October ?

Spinko
27-06-2020, 16:23
I assume that the numbers would have to be restricted to 6 to meet the current guidance which seems to defeat the objective of a PuG crawl sadly.

Judging by recent reports, no one has any plans and bank accounts are full. If masks are still demanded I'll be driving.

Tris39
27-06-2020, 18:51

Yeah. I'd have thought this is more realistic. Maybe we should just reserve Preston and Winchester for the spring and summer crawls next year.

If masks are still demanded I'll be driving.

Just look at the t***s who are driving their own cars AND wearing a mask! The stupid things are just damp breeding grounds for plague and are littering the pavements, constituting a biohazard.

oldboots
27-06-2020, 21:49

Birmingham will be our 10th anniversary crawl so it would be very disappointing if we couldn’t get there even in some limited form

Spinko
27-06-2020, 22:03
Birmingham will be our 10th anniversary crawl so it would be very disappointing if we couldn’t get there even in some limited form

Not that you'd hear it from the government enforced media, but this so called virus is about as prevalent as white on black racism.