PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk 'n' Chance

General Staal
16-07-2010, 22:21
Anyone know any decent pubs that does decent ale and decent food over in Norfolk, near a little place called Southrepps?

trainman
17-07-2010, 00:19
Anyone know any decent pubs that does decent ale and decent food over in Norfolk, near a little place called Southrepps?

Nope, but you can get an £8, 35min, day rtn to Norwich - where I have 16 (target) pubs listed, each deserving of at least one joker - so I'm envious of the trip anyway.

Andy Ven
17-07-2010, 08:28
I’ve had some good holidays in Norfolk. If you like walking, the Berney Arms is in a good remote spot, between Norwich and Great Yarmouth (there is a train stop at the back and it must be possible to drive there but I don’t know how! The satellite view of Google Maps might assist you there)

PG is a bit light on that corner of East Angular :) except for Sheringham (Windham Arms is also in the GBG).

GBG 2010 includes nearby the Spread Eagle at Erpingham, Crown Inn at Banningham, Bluebell in North Walsham, and (since I mentioned Sheringham) the Lighthouse Inn in Walcott.

The ones that particularly stand out are the Horse Shoes at Alby, the Crown in Trunch, the King’s Arms in Reepham (no PG reviews as yet) and the Fat Cat in Norwich (I’m not sure if there is a link there somehow to the Fat Cat in Sheffield). I have to admit that I haven't been to any of these myself, except the Berney Arms

trainman
17-07-2010, 09:03
...and the Fat Cat in Norwich (I’m not sure if there is a link there somehow to the Fat Cat in Sheffield).

No; the Fat Cat Sheffield get offended by any question/suggestion that they are connected with FCs in Norwich, Ipswich, Colchester - stating that they (Sheffield) are the original and the others merely imposters. For imposters, those of the others I've been to are still well worth a visit.
I hope Conrad won't mind me attaching my intended (& still unfulfilled) crawl of Norwich...
http://www.beerintheevening.com/crawls/crawl_details.shtml?4490

Andy Ven
17-07-2010, 11:01
I hope Conrad won't mind me attaching my intended (& still unfulfilled) crawl of Norwich...
http://www.beerintheevening.com/crawls/crawl_details.shtml?4490

Have you tried compiling a crawl like this on PG? My independent assessment is that PG does it better...... makes me feel sad for the rest
:)

General Staal
17-07-2010, 19:48
Cheers peeps!

I will endeavour to rate and review as many pubs as I can get too. Unfortunately, Mrs Staal is not pubby, so it will be a case of finding one nice pub a day that does food as well.

Conrad
19-07-2010, 16:51
Have you tried compiling a crawl like this on PG? My independent assessment is that PG does it better...... makes me feel sad for the rest
:)
That's what we like to see keep up the hard sell.