PDA

View Full Version : Crab Pot, Selsey

PaulOfHorsham
19-01-2020, 17:40
It's moved a few doors down the street. Advice please.

WhatPub has marked the original as closed and has a new entry for the current location. What should Pubs Galore do? There's no reviews, so no history to lose, and no admin effort would be required at PG HQ. On the other hand, it's the same pub and even keeps the same post code.

What should I do?

oldboots
20-01-2020, 08:24
My thinking is that theoretically we should close this one and make a new entry for "historical purposes"; however as there's no content, the website and facebook are the same it would be sensible just to alter the number from 145 to 153.

Anyone else?

rpadam
20-01-2020, 17:31
My thinking is that theoretically we should close this one and make a new entry for "historical purposes"; however as there's no content, the website and facebook are the same it would be sensible just to alter the number from 145 to 153.

Anyone else?
Both approaches have been taken elsewhere...

PaulOfHorsham
20-01-2020, 18:40
Given the absence of any history with this one and, perhaps crucially given problems elsewhere, no change to the Post Code, can an admin change the address to 153? If anyone is particularly keen to see the full history, then a 1 line comment should suffice, I should think.

oldboots
20-01-2020, 20:10
Given the absence of any history with this one and, perhaps crucially given problems elsewhere, no change to the Post Code, can an admin change the address to 153? If anyone is particularly keen to see the full history, then a 1 line comment should suffice, I should think.

Simplest answer so I've done it.

PaulOfHorsham
20-01-2020, 20:46
Thanks. Map point shifted & WhatPub link updated.