PDA

View Full Version : Party pack anyone?

Delboy20
30-11-2019, 19:08
I was in Worcester museum and art gallery yesterday for an exhibition and I had a stroll around the museum where I saw these.

I am too young to remember these but I am sure some of our more "experienced" members might enjoy the picture!

Real Ale Ray
30-11-2019, 20:31
I was in Worcester museum and art gallery yesterday for an exhibition and I had a stroll around the museum where I saw these.

I am too young to remember these but I am sure some of our more "experienced" members might enjoy the picture!

Yes have drank the Watneys, had to open it with a tin opener back in the day :nishelypished:

Pangolin
30-11-2019, 20:53
Yes have drank the Watneys, had to open it with a tin opener back in the day :nishelypished:

Party Sevens were quite commonplace once upon a time. Getting into them and extracting the beer without making a mess everywhere could be something of a challenge. As I recall there was even a little keg tap-type arrangement you could clamp on, but never seemed to work very well. You mostly just punched a hole with a pointed opener and ducked the spray that invariably gushed out!

Mobyduck
30-11-2019, 22:20
Party Sevens were quite commonplace once upon a time. Getting into them and extracting the beer without making a mess everywhere could be something of a challenge. As I recall there was even a little keg tap-type arrangement you could clamp on, but never seemed to work very well. You mostly just punched a hole with a pointed opener and ducked the spray that invariably gushed out!

Typically a screwdriver and hammer, a bit messy but it worked.

Aqualung
30-11-2019, 22:41

I don't remember any of these. The only large tins I can recall from the 60s are the Watney's Party 7 and I think there was a smaller size. The presence of Watney's mild probably pushes the date back.
Ruddles did a big can of their bitter in the 1970s. Becky used to sell it in her dive bar when no casks were available.

Mini-kegs are the modern equivalent and the fact that Ghost Ship is one would suggest they are miles better.

Delboy20
01-12-2019, 08:18
I have had a couple of mini-kegs - Hobgoblin I think.

Hoping Santa might bring me this one - https://puritybrewing.com/product/aston-villa-purity-pale-mini-keg/?v=79cba1185463

NickDavies
01-12-2019, 08:35
As I recall there was even a little keg tap-type arrangement you could clamp on, but never seemed to work very well.

My grandad had one. Worked using Sparklets bulbs.

Tris39
01-12-2019, 15:55

Typically a screwdriver and hammer, a bit messy but it worked.

A tin opener, eh? In the early '70s I remember my dad attacking his Party Sevens with a screwdriver, beer spraying everywhere. I do recall some sort of tap device...

Aqualung
01-12-2019, 18:52
Hoping Santa might bring me this one - https://puritybrewing.com/product/aston-villa-purity-pale-mini-keg/?v=79cba1185463

Themed beers are almost always rubbish and you're starting from a low point with Purity. I don't really have any opinions on Aston Villa other than I know foe a fact they are NOT West Ham. I've seen the Stadium from the train!