PDA

View Full Version : Micropub News

Aqualung
29-10-2019, 22:34
The advance of these places continues whether they are "proper" ones or not. Apart from SE London outskirts they are still relatively rare in the Capital. I've no idea if my knowledge is up to date but the Plum Tree in SE18 is now open and the Bolthole in Falconwood is hoping to open before Xmas.
In my Manor, the Stag and Lantern in E4 Highams Park have change of use permission for a former Health Food shop but I can't see any sign of work starting.
There may well be other projects afoot that I haven't heard about so please feel free to post any news on this thread.

london calling
07-11-2019, 20:33
He are a few awaiting planning permission
silver fox -Albany park kent
long haul -Bexleyheath kent
the hanger -welling kent
the bolt hole -falconwood kent
the real ale way- westerham kent
the hop inn -Hornchurch essex

Aqualung
07-11-2019, 22:41
He are a few awaiting planning permission
silver fox -Albany park kent
long haul -Bexleyheath kent
the hanger -welling kent
the bolt hole -falconwood kent
the real ale way- westerham kent
the hop inn -Hornchurch essex

Thanks for the info, I look forward to going to the Hornchurch one.
I've already been to the Hangar which is at Blackfen unless it's a new one with the same name. It's on or just off the 51 bus route.
There's still no sign of work going on a t the E4 Stag and Lantern so I assume the opening will be next year.

rpadam
08-11-2019, 19:08
I've already been to the Hangar which is at Blackfen unless it's a new one with the same name.
Same owners. Different micro-pub.

Aqualung
08-11-2019, 20:57
Same owners. Different micro-pub.

Thanks for that! I've added the Bolthole as it is hoping to open this month.

london calling
09-11-2019, 21:33
The Real Ale Way is also a second pub from the owners.

rpadam
09-11-2019, 22:07
Should have opened on Wednesday, but put back a day according to its Facebook page.

Aqualung
09-11-2019, 23:35
The E4 Highams Park one now have the keys to the property and are hoping to open before Xmas but that may be over ambitious. I pass the place several times a week on the bus so will add it when there are signs of it definitely opening.

trainman
10-11-2019, 09:25
That's got to be going on Ray's list for a visit...

Delboy20
10-11-2019, 16:36
The advance of these places continues whether they are "proper" ones or not. Apart from SE London outskirts they are still relatively rare in the Capital. I've no idea if my knowledge is up to date but the Plum Tree in SE18 is now open and the Bolthole in Falconwood is hoping to open before Xmas.
In my Manor, the Stag and Lantern in E4 Highams Park have change of use permission for a former Health Food shop but I can't see any sign of work starting.
There may well be other projects afoot that I haven't heard about so please feel free to post any news on this thread.

Good idea for a thread. Can I suggest that we expand it to cover all areas rather than just London?
I could start one called West Midlands micropub news but it seems like a good idea to have it all on one thread.
What's the general feeling?

Real Ale Ray
10-11-2019, 18:03
That's got to be going on Ray's list for a visit...

Was in the Real Ale Way in Hayes last week! Thought it was very good, so looking forward to visiting their new venture in the New Year hopefully...

Tris39
10-11-2019, 18:28
Good idea for a thread. Can I suggest that we expand it to cover all areas rather than just London?
I could start one called West Midlands micropub news but it seems like a good idea to have it all on one thread.
What's the general feeling?

Let's just keep the one thread, otherwise it becomes hard to locate the threads for each county...village...postcode...

london calling
10-11-2019, 19:41
Let's just keep the one thread, otherwise it becomes hard to locate the threads for each county...village...postcode...
Yeah one thread.I have already expanded it as the list is mostly Kent rather than London.cheers

rpadam
10-11-2019, 20:16
Yeah one thread.I have already expanded it as the list is mostly Kent rather than London.cheers
I think they are generally in London, not Kent!

Aqualung
10-11-2019, 21:02
I think they are generally in London, not Kent!

I make you right and Hornchurch is in London not Essex. I had no idea where Albany Park was and had to look it up! SE London was largely a complete mystery to me before going round the JDWs and some of the micropubs.
It sounds like a good idea making it a National thread for micropub news and I certainly wouldn't object if somebody removed the word London from the thread title. Quite honestly I can't keep up with them all!
As an aside to this, the word micropub is a new word and doesn't need a space or hyphen to keep the spell checker happy. What do Spellcheckers know anyway?

Pubsignman
11-11-2019, 08:42
It sounds like a good idea making it a National thread for micropub news and I certainly wouldn't object if somebody removed the word London from the thread title. Quite honestly I can't keep up with them all!

http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?5874-Micro-Pub/page19&highlight=micro

Aqualung
11-11-2019, 09:59
http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?5874-Micro-Pub/page19&highlight=micro

I'm aware of that thread but thought it was more about what constitutes a micropub, something that revolves around the personal opinion of how far from the original concept you can agree to it going. This is more about potential new (or recent) openings. I would hope this thread would avoid discussion about what constitutes a micropub.

Delboy20
01-12-2019, 19:49
A few possible openings in my area -

The owners of Tivi Ale (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/86528/) are opening another one in Pensnett - Pen's Ale (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/88645/)

I have also heard that Craft Inn ( 2 venues in Shirley and Sutton Coldfield) could be opening 2 more, possibly in Bearwood and the Jewellery Quarter.