PDA

View Full Version : hello!

anneliese
07-11-2006, 11:07
Hello All,

I live in Cornwall, UK. Just thought I'd pop in to say Hi!

XXX:o

Conrad
07-11-2006, 15:34
Welcome anneliese,

Congratulations on being our first poster on the forum. We hope you enjoy the pubsgalore web site, and are busily posting your reviews:) .

Conrad

docklandsdiva
02-12-2006, 18:07
Hi Anneliese, I live in Lancashire & I just joined.:)

TS1977
02-12-2006, 21:49
Hello everyone my name is Tim and i have recently joined

Galore Admin
03-12-2006, 22:22
Hi Tim & docklandsdiva,

Thanks for joining, I hope you enjoy the Pubs Galore web site.

Conrad

m1ssm1nx
26-07-2007, 23:33
Hi, Missminx here,
I joined here today looking for a venue for a small wedding reception in October... any offers to help? x

m1ssm1nx
26-07-2007, 23:40
hi,
do you have any specific reason for choosing this site? I came across it in a search & thought it might be usefull.. x

oldboots
14-10-2009, 18:57
Hi everyone, been lurking for a while and now decided to join in, some of you are familiar from an, ahem, other place. I live in North Yorkshire and love good pubs and good beer. mostly of the real (or cask) variety.

Conrad
14-10-2009, 19:21
Hi oldboots,

Blimey, this is an old old thread to resurrect, I wonder if we will ever see any of these daring people back here now we have some life.

Glad to have you here and hope you enjoy yourself, feel free to join in, so far we seem to be staying relatively friendly as long as you don't mention Football. If you fancy penning a bit more about yourself the Your favourite .... (http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?t=382) thread seems to be the best substitute for an introductions thread.

From my perspective if you can see any ways to improve Pubs Galore, or just anything you would like to see, please let me know as that is the bit I am keen on.

Conrad

Soup Dragon
14-10-2009, 20:57
Hi old boots,

nice to see you, Squire. Do mention footy, its just the muppet supports Bristol City, so hence, he knows nothing about it!:p

arwkrite
15-10-2009, 00:41
Welcome Old Boots ,glad you made it here.What do I know about football coming from Herefordshire.? Not a lot no not a lot.

Eddie86
15-10-2009, 08:38
Hello Old Boots, and Ark for that matter. Nice to see a couple of familiar, erm, usernames :D

arwkrite
15-10-2009, 10:08
Hello Eddie good to hear from you and I take it things are coming along just fine in Hay on Wye. I feel more at home here, its less Southern Counties opinionated. Not that I have anthing against that part of the world. Its just that other parts of England have a voice here and what is said is not rubbished by others. Keep up with your reports of life in Hay on Wye, they are endless source of education.:D

arwkrite
15-10-2009, 10:12
Thank goodness I am no longer a Spritzer Swallower. I am now a glass half full. However being a manic depressive I look at it as being half empty and I worry if if I can afford another one and will the world end before I finish it.:D

Eddie86
16-10-2009, 09:16
Keep up with your reports of life in Hay on Wye, they are endless source of education.:D

For you and me both! Based on this week, but hopefully not the weekend, it appears the quiet season is sneaking up quickly. But this year the accommodation is still going strong with the quiet, drink a couple of pints with the sunday papers types, which is nice. I love this peaceful time of year :D

Conrad
16-10-2009, 12:01
I feel more at home here, its less Southern Counties opinionated.
I felt quite insulted when I saw this being from a more Southerly area;). And now I have the proof. The Southern Counties are far friendlier (http://www.jonathanmacdonald.com/?p=4024).

arwkrite
16-10-2009, 12:23
Please dont feel insulted Conrad, my remark was in regard to the forum I previously haunted and then only in the fact that the site had a definite southern slant.At times I felt out of it because I could not relate to the pubs the regular posters, all very nice people, spoke about.
I have nothing against people from the south or anywhere else. You can find rude,arrogant jobsworths anywhere ( well I do).Your example is all to common. One good thing about a wide angle lens is you can shoot from the hip.

Conrad
16-10-2009, 12:38
Don't worry, I am not insulted and agree with your observations on bias elsewhere.

To be honest I was just using your comment as a weak excuse to post that link - which I had just stumbled across and couldn't come up with a good excuse to post it on here.

As to the example being common, I wish it weren't.