PDA

View Full Version : Anglesey

Delboy20
09-07-2019, 21:06
Hi all,

Next trip planned is a week on Anglesey. It is a family holiday but I hope to get round a few pubs too!

Any tips ?

Cheers,

Del.

aleandhearty
10-07-2019, 11:39
It's a long time since we visited (15yrs?), but we rather enjoyed the Ship Inn (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/62123/), Red Wharf Bay. IIRC its a fine old pub and there's a decent beer garden next to the beach, plus, GBG2019 listed. However, Ian Mapp struggled with the prices, in his September 2018 review

Delboy20
10-07-2019, 19:07
It's a long time since we visited (15yrs?), but we rather enjoyed the Ship Inn (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/62123/), Red Wharf Bay. IIRC its a fine old pub and there's a decent beer garden next to the beach, plus, GBG2019 listed. However, Ian Mapp struggled with the prices, in his September 2018 review

That one is on the list to do, it looks like a good pub. We are staying quite close in Moelfre.

Pangolin
10-07-2019, 19:52
Yep, it was a great pub when I visited (was that really NINE years ago...?)

Aqualung
15-07-2019, 11:05
Hi all,

Next trip planned is a week on Anglesey. It is a family holiday but I hope to get round a few pubs too!

Any tips ?

Cheers,

Del.

I went to Holyhead last year and would advise AVOID! It might be worth following Robinsons and Lees who both have outlets on Anglesey. I went to the Pilot Boat at Dulas years ago (Robinson) and quite liked it. There's very little in the GBG.

Delboy20
15-07-2019, 22:41
I went to Holyhead last year and would advise AVOID! It might be worth following Robinsons and Lees who both have outlets on Anglesey. I went to the Pilot Boat at Dulas years ago (Robinson) and quite liked it. There's very little in the GBG.

I'm not planning to spend much time near Holyhead. I'm not too far from the Pilot Boat so it is on the list!

rpadam
15-07-2019, 22:59
Hi all,

Any tips ?

Cheers,

Del.
There are a couple of reasonable pubs in each of Menai Bridge, Llangefni and Beaumaris, and the latter getting my vote as being the most interesting place on Ynys Môn.