PDA

View Full Version : Proof that you shouldn’t …….

Millay
03-07-2010, 07:09
Proof that you shouldn’t…. come home drunk, put a family size Tescos lasagne in the oven and think to yourself, “I’ll just have a little nap while that’s cooking”

Here’s the result of such an occasion last weekend :o:o

Admit it though, we’ve all done this haven’t we?

ROBCamra
03-07-2010, 07:52
Proof that you shouldn’t…. come home drunk, put a family size Tescos lasagne in the oven and think to yourself, “I’ll just have a little nap while that’s cooking”

Here’s the result of such an occasion last weekend :o:o

Admit it though, we’ve all done this haven’t we?

That looks better than the serving suggestion on the packet. :D

As you were drunk I assume you ate it anyway? :sick:

Oggwyn Trench
03-07-2010, 07:53
When i lived at home a favorite after a night out was beans and egg on toast , aware of the dont fry when drunk advice , i would crack the eggs into the saucepan with the beans and mix them in , it tasted ok but the next morning you needed a chisel to clean the saucepan

RogerB
03-07-2010, 08:05
Why don't you just get a kebab like everyone else. :confused:

Maldenman
03-07-2010, 08:31
On more than one occasion I've opened the microwave door in the morning and been bewildered to find a plate of congealed chinese/curry etc inside it. How did that get in there?:confused:

an_ecumenical_matter
03-07-2010, 08:47
You can't beat coming down in the morning and finding a still wrapped kebab on the worktop. In microwave,2 minutes and down the hatch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

NickDavies
03-07-2010, 08:50
Why don't you just get a kebab like everyone else. :confused:

That raises one of those great questions of modern life, often debated but never properly answered: what is doner kebab meat made from?

Alesonly
03-07-2010, 09:13
I think most of us have done this. I often go into the kitchen in the morning and find the remnants of a Microwave Meal or last nights Take Away and think I don't remember leaving that there. :whistle:
The Best one Ive done so far is I could not find my Mobile Phone one morning I looked everywhere and thought I must have left it in the Pub. I went too make Breakfast and found it in the Fridge by the Ham. :eek:

Farway
03-07-2010, 12:38
[QUOTE=Alesonly;15636The Best one Ive done so far is I could not find my Mobile Phone one morning I looked everywhere and thought I must have left it in the Pub. I went too make Breakfast and found it in the Fridge by the Ham. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Ideal for making cold calls then ;)

aleandhearty
03-07-2010, 13:27
That raises one of those great questions of modern life, often debated but never properly answered: what is doner kebab meat made from?

Here you go. Makes grim reading though:

http://www.drquincy.com/blog/what-are-the-ingredients-of-takeaway-doner-meat/

Apparently, The best quality doner meat is where you get collops (slices) of lamb fanning out radially having been threaded on the skewer individually. When was the last time anybody saw one like that? :) Tend to go for shish kebabs myself, at least you can see something that looks like a lump of protein!

Alesonly
03-07-2010, 15:35

Apparently, The best quality doner meat is where you get collops (slices) of lamb fanning out radially having been threaded on the skewer individually. When was the last time anybody saw one like that? :) Tend to go for shish kebabs myself, at least you can see something that looks like a lump of protein!

Yes your correct most of them these days are from mechanically reclaimed meat thats been reconstituted & compressed. Same here Chicken Shish Only

Wittenden
04-07-2010, 00:33

Interesting link: a friend gives us a lamb carcass in return for the loan of a trailer: the only part we don't eat is the breast-pure fat: lovely!
I always thought they were called donor kebabs.
I'll get me coat.

Gann
04-07-2010, 16:31
QUOTE=an_ecumenical_matter;15634]You can't beat coming down in the morning and finding a still wrapped kebab on the worktop[/QUOTE]

A Still wrapped Doner Kebab... :confused:

Without trying to sound too much like a pretentious twat, in our household that would be known as an oxymoron..

General Staal
04-07-2010, 18:20
You should never go on a real ale drinking session with your friend, get larried, then, in the last pub say yes when your mate asks you to share a bottle of red wine. Then drink a bottle of red each and arrange for your wife to pick you up from the pub in her car...