PDA

View Full Version : Bristol

gillhalfpint
11-04-2019, 09:35
Off to Bristol for a couple of nights in May, and have Cornubia, Seven Stars, Kong of King Street, Beer Emporium, Famous Royal Navy Tavern, Small Bar, No 1 Harbourside, Lime Kiln, Three Tuns and Bag o Nails on my list. Have done all these before but believe there are a few micros opened up.

Any recommendations that we may find (somewhere close to those listed due to Ray walking with sticks) that would be worth a trip to please. Really looking forward to Bristol again.

Gill

sheffield hatter
11-04-2019, 14:49
Off to Bristol for a couple of nights in May, and have Cornubia, Seven Stars, Kong of King Street, Beer Emporium, Famous Royal Navy Tavern, Small Bar, No 1 Harbourside, Lime Kiln, Three Tuns and Bag o Nails on my list. Have done all these before but believe there are a few micros opened up.

Any recommendations that we may find (somewhere close to those listed due to Ray walking with sticks) that would be worth a trip to please. Really looking forward to Bristol again.

Gill

You should definitely visit the Drapers Arms, a micropub on Gloucester Road. But it's not walking distance - you'd have to catch a bus!

bcfczuluarmy
11-04-2019, 18:04
Required bus for Drapers from City Centre would be 71,73 (Temple Meads or Parkway),75, 76 or T2 from Bus Station as I live a couple of hundred metres away from it. Bus stop directly outside heading back into City.

gillhalfpint
11-04-2019, 22:59
I have added the Drapers. We went there when we were caravanning in Bristol a couple of years ago but I wasn't sure now which bus, so that is great -- cheers.

Gill

ETA
13-04-2019, 21:04
I quite liked this one Portwall Tavern (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/565/)