PDA

View Full Version : A challenge for anyone in Aberdeen

Dave M
01-07-2010, 16:55
I've just been approving some photos from rogerb including a rather disturbing sign on the door of the gents at the Moorings (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubpictures/47377/).

My challenge is for a PuG member to take a photo of the sign on the door of the 4th cubicle in the ladies in the same pub. :eek:

trainman
01-07-2010, 22:27
OK, seems that I'll be the 1st to admit that I have no understanding of (the reason for) the 'challenge'.

Dave M
01-07-2010, 22:53
I really shouldn't write such rushed posts just before leaving the office!

The sign that roger uploaded which reads 'Please would patrons refrain from eating the urinal cakes. Thank you!' disturbed me quite enough as it was.

When I saw it though I got curious and did some research on the pub and discovered that the ladies toilets has a possibly more worrying sign.

Of course I don't want to encourage any of the male forumites to get thrown out of a pub for strolling into the ladies with a camera, but I figure we need to balance up the photo page and have both on the site!

arwkrite
01-07-2010, 22:56
I am with you on that one Trainman. Just checked the photos and apart from not wishing to eat the urinal cakes I cannot get the drift. RogerB is way off his normal beat that far north. Do you think he fell asleep on the train ?

arwkrite
01-07-2010, 23:01
"Of course I don't want to encourage any of the male forumites to get thrown out of a pub for strolling into the ladies with a camera, but I figure we need to balance up the photo page and have both on the site" DaveM

Whats happened to the sense of adventure and daring do on PuG. My bus pass has not come through yet otherwise I might have had a go.:eek:

RogerB
02-07-2010, 08:58
I've just been approving some photos from rogerb including a rather disturbing sign on the door of the gents at the Moorings (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubpictures/47377/).

My challenge is for a PuG member to take a photo of the sign on the door of the 4th cubicle in the ladies in the same pub. :eek:

My wife took a photo of the sign in the ladies but she's currently in Poland so I can't get a copy of it. When she's back I'll post it with the rest!

RogerB
05-07-2010, 13:05
The sign in the ladies as promised!

aleandhearty
05-07-2010, 13:27
The sign in the ladies as promised!

I'm looking forward to your review of this place Roger. Just can't work out the tone of the place from the signs. Is it all very tongue in cheek, or some sort of Aberdonian s***hole, patronised by the local equivalents of Rab C. Nesbitt and Jamsie?

RogerB
05-07-2010, 14:00
I'm looking forward to your review of this place Roger.

It may be some time - it was pub number 37 out of 46 and I have only just done review No. 1 this morning! I may fast track the review since the place seems to have attracted some additional interest! It was basically a rock music bar with a good range of local ales (including their own house beer brewed by Inveralmond) and an extensive range of bottled beers. I took a photo of the beer menu which you will find someweher in the pub's pictures. It was also one of the cheapest pubs we found with the ales at £2.10 a pint - finding an ale in the area under £3 was extremeley rare with several pubs hitting £3.20 a pint. Everything was very tongue in cheek from the signs to the chalk body line on the floor that can just be made out in some of the photos. There was a surprisingly mixed customer base of all ages although I'm not sure what it would be like when a live band is on. Certainly a "must do" pub for Aberdeen.

RogerB
05-07-2010, 14:56
Review now done