PDA

View Full Version : Who are all these people?? If they are people...

Pangolin
28-02-2019, 23:47
I am slightly intrigued that, since Pubsignman just logged out, there is just me and 137 non-members on the forum. Do we have any guesstimate of how many are members that just haven't logged on, how many are crawlers and bots and how many are actually people interested in pubs/beer that would be nice to involve?

Mobyduck
01-03-2019, 07:33
I am slightly intrigued that, since Pubsignman just logged out, there is just me and 137 non-members on the forum. Do we have any guesstimate of how many are members that just haven't logged on, how many are crawlers and bots and how many are actually people interested in pubs/beer that would be nice to involve?

Currently myself and 126 mostly guests and a couple of bots, they certainly view a lot archive stuff as opposed to current conversation. I am nearly always logged in when I view apart from maybe a couple of sneaky looks at work on rare occasions..

NickDavies
01-03-2019, 07:45
Currently myself and 126 mostly guests and a couple of bots, they certainly view a lot archive stuff as opposed to current conversation. I am nearly always logged in when I view apart from maybe a couple of sneaky looks at work on rare occasions..

I expect TPTB logs the incoming IP addresses. I wonder how many of the guests are really bots looking for a website to infect and/or hijack.

london calling
01-03-2019, 19:33
I expect TPTB logs the incoming IP addresses. I wonder how many of the guests are really bots looking for a website to infect and/or hijack.
I never believe those figures.

rpadam
01-03-2019, 19:46
I never believe those figures.
I certainly don't believe that the humans involved in the "Most users ever online was 3,606, 16-11-2015 at 06:31" exceeded 0.0555% of the total...