PDA

View Full Version : Which of the following should NOT appear on Pubs Galore main listings?

Quinno
06-02-2019, 19:27
Which of the following should NOT appear on Pubs Galore main listings? (or should they all appear?). Vote for as many or few as you like.

This follows on from the following thread - http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?29104-Turtle-Bay-should-they-be-listed

I've tried to include all of the main chain restaurants with bar plus a few closer to the pub/eatery end, to see if there is a clear divide anywhere. Apologies if I have missed any out, or if there are Northern chains of which I have not heard! I've also added 'wine bar' as an option as that has also cropped up more than once.

This is purely to try and take a measurement of where feelings lie. The ultimate decision (or not!) is in Snow White's gift, of course.

The poll is open for 30 days.

AlanH
07-02-2019, 12:09
Which of the following should NOT appear on Pubs Galore main listings? (or should they all appear?). Vote for as many or few as you like.

This follows on from the following thread - http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showthread.php?29104-Turtle-Bay-should-they-be-listed

I've tried to include all of the main chain restaurants with bar plus a few closer to the pub/eatery end, to see if there is a clear divide anywhere. Apologies if I have missed any out, or if there are Northern chains of which I have not heard! I've also added 'wine bar' as an option as that has also cropped up more than once.

This is purely to try and take a measurement of where feelings lie. The ultimate decision (or not!) is in Snow White's gift, of course.

The poll is open for 30 days.

How does this poll work if you can only vote Against a group being listed. Or is it if I don't vote for a group, then that is a vote For a group being included. If this is so, then that group will get a false positive vote when a member has never visited one of their venues.

Brainypool
07-02-2019, 13:19
Woops, I misread the poll. To clarify, I think none should be listed except Toby Carvery and Harvester etc.

Al Bundy
07-02-2019, 13:47
I personally think that all should be included. If you know what rubbish like Turtle Bay are like, then avoid. Unless this site is run by the Camra SS, Keg Only Police, Craft Beer Gestapo or the Modern Bars Are Crap Brigade then there are going to be places on here people dislike. The Slug And Lettuce in Didsbury, for example, served real ale, keg, cocktail nonsense, food on my visit and was a modern type bar/pub. I don't see anything wrong with this Pubs Galore site as it is. But hey ho each to their own. Maybe this post should be in the Turtle Bay thread but this is where I've plonked it so sorry to the pedants.

Delboy20
07-02-2019, 15:51
I personally think that all should be included. If you know what rubbish like Turtle Bay are like, then avoid. Unless this site is run by the Camra SS, Keg Only Police, Craft Beer Gestapo or the Modern Bars Are Crap Brigade then there are going to be places on here people dislike. The Slug And Lettuce in Didsbury, for example, served real ale, keg, cocktail nonsense, food on my visit and was a modern type bar/pub. I don't see anything wrong with this Pubs Galore site as it is. But hey ho each to their own. Maybe this post should be in the Turtle Bay thread but this is where I've plonked it so sorry to the pedants.

Well said - Plonk it wherever you like, you are spot on!

Aqualung
08-02-2019, 23:26

It's difficult to argue against this post!

Pangolin
09-02-2019, 11:52

Hear hear

Farway
09-02-2019, 13:04

^^^^^^^^
What he said

rpadam
10-02-2019, 19:16
I'm with you too, Al...