PDA

View Full Version : Attic Brew Co Tap, Bournville, Birmingham

gillhalfpint
23-11-2018, 18:53
Had a great time at a new brewery tap which opened to the public today at 4pm. It is in Mary Vale Road just down on the right from Bournville railway station walking towards Pershore Road. The brewery is in a large warehouse building with a variety of seating and bar with some spirits and soft drinks as well as 6 tap beers, 4 from their own Attic brewery and a Dig Brew beer, and Green Duck beer. There was an Indian Street food gazebo set up too, but whether for the opening or regular I couldn't be sure.

We tried and enjoyed their IPA 5.1%, and Smoked Strong Ale 7.5% although it did not have the kick I expected from that ABV, but it was their Pepper Saison 6.2% I really enjoyed which was smooth with a pleasant pepper aftertaste on the tongue. Will be trying it out when the opening fuss dies down, but looks like another good brewery in Brum.

Gill

bcfczuluarmy
23-11-2018, 21:57
Technically it's Stirchley not Bournville as I used to live on Beaumont Road behind Maryvale and walk passed it on the way to The British Oak most days as no pubs in Bournville other than the Cadbury Club and Social Club at junction of Maryvale and Franklin Road both members only essentially.

May have to give it a visit next time I go and see my parents if opening times align.

Bucking Fastard
25-11-2018, 16:30
That's handy from the W&B Canal.Gill will you be putting it on Pubsgalore ,you have done a very thorough review above ?

oldboots
25-11-2018, 16:45
...Gill will you be putting it on Pubsgalore ,you have done a very thorough review above ?

I've added the pub and located it in Stirchley.

Bucking Fastard
25-11-2018, 17:08
I've added the pub and located it in Stirchley.

Top job :cool: