PDA

View Full Version : Get well soon Mobyduck!

Quinno
17-10-2018, 21:48
Moby's been a bit poorly.

Get well soon mate.

:cheers:

Aqualung
17-10-2018, 22:10

Get well soon mate.

I met him for the first time last Thursday at the City Arms in Manchester when he seemed OK so hope it's nothing more than the common cold in the NW that I managed to pick up in Wales last month.

Mobyduck
17-10-2018, 23:27
Thanks guys, a bit more than a cold, full blown heart attack, but I,m ok apart from being wired up like a Christmas tree. :mad:

AlanH
18-10-2018, 00:05
Thanks guys, a bit more than a cold, full blown heart attack, but I,m ok apart from being wired up like a Christmas tree. :mad:

Very sorry to hear this, so soon after seeing you looking well at our first meeting in the 'Turks Head. Get plenty of rest and we hope to see you as fit looking as your Avatar.

Mobyduck
18-10-2018, 06:06
Very sorry to hear this, so soon after seeing you looking well at our first meeting in the 'Turks Head. Get plenty of rest and we hope to see you as fit looking as your Avatar.

Thanks Alan.

trainman
18-10-2018, 06:45
...full blown heart attack, but I,m ok...

Feck! Sorry to hear this news Moby, but good to see you are taking it in your stride! You can't keep a good man down...
Hope you are back in the swing very soon, cheers, j

Mobyduck
18-10-2018, 06:58
Feck! Sorry to hear this news Moby, but good to see you are taking it in your stride! You can't keep a good man down...
Hope you are back in the swing very soon, cheers, j

:cheers: Thanks TM

ROBCamra
18-10-2018, 07:47
Hope it wasn't all the excessive drinking in Manchester that caused it or the being dragged round numerous bars in the pouring rain.

Good luck mate, hope everything turns out well. :cheers:

Wittenden
18-10-2018, 08:09

Sorry to hear this.Get well soon!

Mobyduck
18-10-2018, 09:27
Hope it wasn't all the excessive drinking in Manchester that caused it or the being dragged round numerous bars in the pouring rain.

Good luck mate, hope everything turns out well. :cheers:

Sorry to hear this.Get well soon!

Thanks chaps, I'm a damn sight better than I was 30 hours ago, I very nearly wasn't here at all.:eek:

sheffield hatter
18-10-2018, 09:32
I,m ok apart from being wired up like a Christmas tree.

Do paramedics turn up with Christmas tree lights at this time of year, or did you happen to have some to hand? And shouldn't this be in the Chriiiiiiistmas thread?

I very nearly wasn't here at all.:eek:

Very glad you are still with us. I don't want to have to do another memorial pub crawl any time soon.

Joking aside, I hope you're soon back on your feet and down the pub.

Komakino
18-10-2018, 09:38
Get well soon Mobes. You were one of the first to engage with me on the PuG Forum, so let's hope those wires are doing their jobs!

Bucking Fastard
18-10-2018, 09:52

Sorry to hear about this Moby,best wishes for a very speedy recovery .Hopefully you will be back in the saddle shortly and enjoying some fine ale.

Good luck with everything.

oldboots
18-10-2018, 10:40
That's a shocker, best wishes for a speedy recovery mate.

Thuck Phat
18-10-2018, 10:42
As OB says that really is a shocker.

I really hope that your recovery is swift and complete. All the best.

Mobyduck
18-10-2018, 11:12
That's a shocker, best wishes for a speedy recovery mate.

As OB says that really is a shocker.

I really hope that your recovery is swift and complete. All the best.

Believe me it literally was a shocker. :eek:

Mobyduck
18-10-2018, 11:17
Thank you everyone for your kind words, and Will, if you had ,had to do a Moby memorial crawl, just think of all that hoppy beer. :D

aleandhearty
18-10-2018, 11:17

Get well soon mate.

When Quinno passed on the news, my first thought was you'd eaten a dodgy Manc pie! Genuinely shocked by the real cause. Wishing you a speedy recovery and all the best.

sheffield hatter
18-10-2018, 12:18
Thank you everyone for your kind words, and Will, if you had ,had to do a Moby memorial crawl, just think of all that hoppy beer. :D

I hope the day doesn't ever come when I have to drink a glass of Citra in your memory.

ROBCamra
18-10-2018, 12:26
a dodgy Manc pie!.

No such thing!!

Farway
18-10-2018, 13:00
Thanks chaps, I'm a damn sight better than I was 30 hours ago, I very nearly wasn't here at all.:eek:

Sorry to hear the news, at least you can look back on a narrow escape.
Hope your recovery does not include going TT as mine has
Certainly concentrates the mind once the Reaper's old boney finger taps you on the shoulder:eek:

Mobyduck
18-10-2018, 13:34
Sorry to hear the news, at least you can look back on a narrow escape.
Hope your recovery does not include going TT as mine has
Certainly concentrates the mind once the Reaper's old boney finger taps you on the shoulder:eek:

Makes you think.

oldboots
18-10-2018, 16:11

Would it have to be in Basingstoke?

Real Ale Ray
18-10-2018, 17:16
Moby shocked to hear this news - hope it wasn't last Friday's curry. Seriously, get well soon mate

Delboy20
18-10-2018, 17:52
You just never know! Hope you are well soon mate....

I know it can be grim up North but that is an extreme reaction !!!

Keep your chin up.

Mobyduck
18-10-2018, 18:18
Would it have to be in Basingstoke?
Never, Reading maybe.

Mobyduck
18-10-2018, 18:19
Moby shocked to hear this news - hope it wasn't last Friday's curry. Seriously, get well soon mate

Hope not, twas a good curry.

Mobyduck
18-10-2018, 18:20
You just never know! Hope you are well soon mate....

I know it can be grim up North but that is an extreme reaction !!!

Keep your chin up.

A nosebleed would have been sufficient.

Tris39
18-10-2018, 18:37

At least you're in good hands. Get well soon.

Mobyduck
18-10-2018, 18:56
Get well soon Mobes. You were one of the first to engage with me on the PuG Forum, so let's hope those wires are doing their jobs!
Wires gone now thankfully

Sorry to hear about this Moby,best wishes for a very speedy recovery .Hopefully you will be back in the saddle shortly and enjoying some fine ale.

Good luck with everything.
Already feeling better, mustn;t fall off the wrong saddle again though

When Quinno passed on the news, my first thought was you'd eaten a dodgy Manc pie! Genuinely shocked by the real cause. Wishing you a speedy recovery and all the best.
I did have a Pieminister pie up there, but that's not Manc.

Any way home now, but another four weeks not aloud to work , will suitably steady me up, apart from a few aches and pains, (muscular and incision wounds).
I feel relatively fit and healthy bearing in mind I was briefly dead on a couple of occasions, I will be eternally grateful, to the three paramedic/ambulance girls who saved my life on route in the first instance and the team in the resuscitation unit in hospital in the second instance as well as the whole hospital aftercare. Maybe Basingstoke aint all bad. Emotional speech over, after two nights of next to no sleep and some considerable extreme pain, I'm going to bed. Cheers.

Dave M
18-10-2018, 19:56
Blimey, pleased to hear you are home and recovering now and feeling relatively good.

Be sure to take it nice and easy for the next four weeks and recover properly.

Just told Tammy, she was unsurprisingly shocked and sends her best wishes.

Strongers
18-10-2018, 20:03
Holy shit mate... glad you're not brown bread.

london calling
18-10-2018, 20:04
That's great news that you are on the mend.regards john

Aqualung
18-10-2018, 21:48
I hope this wasn't triggered by the shock and awe of meeting me in the City Arms last week.
As someone who is older than most of the correspondents on this site I'm beginning to feel a bit like Keith Richard.
Take it easy and get well soon.

Mobyduck
19-10-2018, 05:12
Blimey, pleased to hear you are home and recovering now and feeling relatively good.

Be sure to take it nice and easy for the next four weeks and recover properly.

Just told Tammy, she was unsurprisingly shocked and sends her best wishes.

Thanks guys.

Mobyduck
19-10-2018, 05:13
Holy shit mate... glad you're not brown bread.

You're not the only one. :D cheers.

Mobyduck
19-10-2018, 05:14
I hope this wasn't triggered by the shock and awe of meeting me in the City Arms last week.
As someone who is older than most of the correspondents on this site I'm beginning to feel a bit like Keith Richard.
Take it easy and get well soon.

Thanks Aqua, you'll have to let me in on your secret. :D

Mobyduck
19-10-2018, 05:15
That's great news that you are on the mend.regards john

Thanks John.

Gann
19-10-2018, 09:06
Blimey..... Just caught up with this thread...

Bit of a shock but glad to know you're on the road to recovery Moby.. Shall we get some Saltaire Tripple Choc delivered to the ward...?

Pangolin
19-10-2018, 11:24

Bit of a shock but glad to know you're on the road to recovery Moby.. Shall we get some Saltaire Tripple Choc delivered to the ward...?

Also just found the thread - shocking news but glad to know you are surviving. Take it steady!

Mobyduck
19-10-2018, 12:35

Also just found the thread - shocking news but glad to know you are surviving. Take it steady!

Thanks Guys, got chucked out of the ward last night, so no deliveries required,as for taking it steady I have to do a bit of walking every day for exercise so walked down the surgery, needed a little rest before the return journey, as luck would have it the pub's 50 yards away, ideal pit stop, unfortunately I stayed sensible and had half an orange juice.

Pubsignman
19-10-2018, 15:27
Sorry to hear you've been unwell Moby - good to know you're back on your feet again. Hope your recovery goes smoothly and that we'll be seeing you out and about again before too long.

RealAleRobUK
19-10-2018, 16:09
I echo everyone else's comments - best wishes and take it easy on the road to recovery.

Mobyduck
19-10-2018, 16:32
Sorry to hear you've been unwell Moby - good to know you're back on your feet again. Hope your recovery goes smoothly and that we'll be seeing you out and about again before too long.

I echo everyone else's comments - best wishes and take it easy on the road to recovery.

Thanks chaps, Just had to have an afternoon nap, must be getting old. must be getting old!! :eek:

ETA
19-10-2018, 17:50
Somewhat belated, Moby, but I'm very pleased to hear you're getting past your man flu.

All the very best, and I hope to see you in the bar again soon.

Mobyduck
19-10-2018, 18:33
Somewhat belated, Moby, but I'm very pleased to hear you're getting past your man flu.

All the very best, and I hope to see you in the bar again soon.

Thanks Ian, should have taken my flu jab. :D

Rex_Rattus
19-10-2018, 20:42
Moby - I endorse everything everyone's already said. I know what it's like to have a health scare, and am certain that a positive attitude can only help, which I reckon you've got. All my best wishes for a full recovery.

Mobyduck
19-10-2018, 20:49
Moby - I endorse everything everyone's already said. I know what it's like to have a health scare, and am certain that a positive attitude can only help, which I reckon you've got. All my best wishes for a full recovery.

Thanks Rex, much appreciated.

Maldenman
21-10-2018, 21:17
Just seen this. Best wishes mate, bit of a time out and rest needed. None of us really know what's around the corner but I'm genuinely glad you're on the mend. Regards, Steve. (Mm)

Mobyduck
22-10-2018, 06:25
Just seen this. Best wishes mate, bit of a time out and rest needed. None of us really know what's around the corner but I'm genuinely glad you're on the mend. Regards, Steve. (Mm)

Thanks Steve, your right about the rest, I'm knackered. :D

trainman
30-10-2018, 12:04
I see you are monitoring the 'next PG crawl' bunfight Moby, does this mean you are getting back to full power after your short-circuit?
I'm sure we're all very pleased if that's the case, but I'm equally sure that a softly softly approach was the recommendation of the medical team..?

Mobyduck
30-10-2018, 12:21
I see you are monitoring the 'next PG crawl' bunfight Moby, does this mean you are getting back to full power after your short-circuit?
I'm sure we're all very pleased if that's the case, but I'm equally sure that a softly softly approach was the recommendation of the medical team..?

To be honest Jim I'm feeling pretty good,got some strange bruises in some strange places, other than that and a bit of extra tiredness all seem's tickety boo.Yet to go to my first cardiac rehab session,I'm sure caution will come into the theme of things. Did manage six halves at a local pub beerfest last Sunday, (slapped wrist).