PDA

View Full Version : Microbrewery beers in Tesco. Good or bad?

Aqualung
14-09-2018, 21:27
My largest local Tesco is now selling three beers from the local Wild Card brewery. They are on multibuy three for £5.25 (£1.75 each) which means the kiddies size (330ml) bottles are a lot cheaper than the £2.50 at the brewery bar. I don't go there any more since they switched to just keg and bottles and also went to card only payment. Is this a sign of success or failure?
I originally posted this in the pub crawl thread so hope someone can delete that!

london calling
16-09-2018, 19:31
Possibly success for them to get taken on by Tesco but unless they are sold nationally not just locally they will not make money.I wouldn't buy them as I think its a mediocre brewery.Hate 330ml cans as well.Its a race to the bottom for a lot of these breweries.Most seem to sell small bottles or tins to compete on price rather than flavour.

Delboy20
16-09-2018, 21:13
I'd say they have done well to get their product into a major retail outlet and good luck to them.
I would buy them at that price, mainly because I haven't tried them.
I wish my local Tesco would stock some more local breweries. They do sell Sadler's but I'd like to see some Fixed Wheel for instance.

ROBCamra
18-09-2018, 06:44
I originally posted this in the pub crawl thread so hope someone can delete that!

I noticed, so I moved it.

I then realised you had posted it again in Chit Chat, so I deleted it. :cheers:

Aqualung
18-09-2018, 07:16
I noticed, so I moved it.

I then realised you had posted it again in Chit Chat, so I deleted it. :cheers:

Thanks!