PDA

View Full Version : How to win friends....

oldboots
20-08-2018, 19:58
here's a request from earlier:

Request to mark pub as open submitted by Zoe Keddie-Dixon, with included notes: "I am very disappointed with this website for not taking the time to find out if The Plough Hotel Town Yetholm is closed - It is most definitely not closed as we own it and have done since February 2014. To go off what someone has told you, who has no affiliation with the hotel at all is not correct. Please rectify this. Regards Zoe."

Closed according to What's Brewing February 2015.

rpadam
20-08-2018, 20:18

Request to mark pub as open submitted by Zoe Keddie-Dixon, with included notes: "I am very disappointed with this website for not taking the time to find out if The Plough Hotel Town Yetholm is closed - It is most definitely not closed as we own it and have done since February 2014. To go off what someone has told you, who has no affiliation with the hotel at all is not correct. Please rectify this. Regards Zoe."

Well, that's one for 'List B' in the unlikely event I get to Yetholm!

Aqualung
20-08-2018, 21:19
Well, that's one for 'List B' in the unlikely event I get to Yetholm!

I've been to the area! In 1972 I completed the Pennine Way and ended up at the Kirk Yetholm pub but was so knackered after the pointless optional inclusion of the Cheviot that I never got to claim my free half of Guinness. I vaguely remember stopping for a drink at a pub in Kelso and then hitching back to London overnight with the Tweed river engulfed in fog.

Farway
21-08-2018, 12:01

That's the trouble with volunteers, just accepting a published fact / fake news when you should personally go & visit, at your expense, to be 100% sure.

aleandhearty
22-08-2018, 11:41

I read your post and out of curiosity scrolled down the Plough's activity page, to see which poor sod had had the nerve to suggest the place was closed, only to discover it was me! :)