PDA

View Full Version : Important Conwy change

Aqualung
29-06-2018, 23:32
I'm unashamedly throwing in a grenade here!
The Gang Of Four have flogged off the Bridge (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/44776/) in Conwy and it's now known as Johnny Dough's at the Bridge. It's now a Pizza Restaurant and ONLY allows you to just go for a drink after 21:00. IMO it should be marked as closed as even the most awkward micropub serves beer from before 21:00. Apparently this outfit have another outlet in Llandudno.

sheffield hatter
29-06-2018, 23:48
If you think it should be marked as closed, just mark it as closed. (Click on "Correct details" then click on "Mark pub as closed". Copy and paste your reasons as above.) It's not a name change if the pub is closed and replaced by a pizza restaurant.

Your request to mark the pub as closed will be approved in due course. (Or rejected!)

Aqualung
30-06-2018, 09:59
If you think it should be marked as closed, just mark it as closed. (Click on "Correct details" then click on "Mark pub as closed". Copy and paste your reasons as above.) It's not a name change if the pub is closed and replaced by a pizza restaurant.

Your request to mark the pub as closed will be approved in due course. (Or rejected!)

OK, I'll go ahead and close it. What I was after was opinion as to whether that is the right thing to do considering you can still go there just for a drink after 21:00.

I've just realised I forgot to include the new name! it's Johnny Dough's at the Bridge.

sheffield hatter
30-06-2018, 23:47
OK, I'll go ahead and close it. What I was after was opinion as to whether that is the right thing to do considering you can still go there just for a drink after 21:00.

We don't discuss these things amongst the so-called Seven Dwarfs. Whoever it gets picked up by can either approve it or refer it to Snow White. We're all experienced members of the site and apparently trusted by Snow White to get these things right! (It's easy enough to correct it if someone thinks we've got it wrong.) The others would have had the opportunity to disagree with me, and still could, for that matter...

With regard to whether to show the pub as closed or as having a change of name, I just think it's right in these circumstances to show this process on the pub's summary page (as it is now with regard to this former pub) rather than buried in the Name Changes sub-forum (as it would have been if I'd acceded to your request above). Hope this makes sense.