PDA

View Full Version : Open or Closed?

Rex_Rattus
09-06-2018, 21:43
I notified the name change of this one and went by the WhatPub entry which says that there is a small bar. But they are clearly scraping the barrel for useful photographs, with a couple of the stair carpets, and a couple more of coffee/sugar sachets in a glass, and you would expect that if they had a bar then they would include a photo of it! Next time I'm in the area I'll subject it to the acid test.

rpadam
10-06-2018, 09:08
I notified the name change of this one and went by the WhatPub entry which says that there is a small bar. But they are clearly scraping the barrel for useful photographs, with a couple of the stair carpets, and a couple more of coffee/sugar sachets in a glass, and you would expect that if they had a bar then they would include a photo of it! Next time I'm in the area I'll subject it to the acid test.
I looked at this, but the What?ub text refers to its previous incarnation as the Kings Head Guest House and records "Last surveyed on 05/03/2014".

If you look hard enough, the City View Hotel website does mention a bar, but not really in a way that suggests it's open to non-residents.

However, nothing beats a site visit so please advise if you find anything that suggests that it should be shown as open.