PDA

View Full Version : Poor Dave...

Gann
30-05-2018, 16:58
Not sure if its common knowledge and been shared already, but poor old Dave has contracted Chicken pox on his holiday cruise and he and Tammy have been offloaded to a hotel on the Greek mainland (from what I can make out from Tammy's face book posts) and have to stay there for 9 days until Dave can get a "fit to Travel " document.
Then it sounds like a ferry over to Corfu for a flight home..

And to quote Tammys last post...

" Apart from being itchy and sore Dave is OK in himself... I on the other hand , am absolutely bloody fuming !!!"

ETA
30-05-2018, 18:13
" Apart from being itchy and sore Dave is OK in himself... I on the other hand , am absolutely bloody fuming !!!"

And not a decent drop of cider in sight.

This is why I take all my holidays West of Calais.

Get well soon, Dave.

Mobyduck
30-05-2018, 18:43
poor old Dave has contracted Chicken pox
Its not nice when you are knocking on a bit, :D, hope it clears up soon.

sheffield hatter
30-05-2018, 19:39

This is why I take all my holidays West of Calais.

I think I've got immunity, as my brothers both had it when I was about 11 and my daughters both had it when they were very young. I'd offer to fly out to keep Dave company, but there's no real ale out there...

Quinno
30-05-2018, 21:28
Get well soon Dave! That's a proper rotter.

Aqualung
30-05-2018, 21:34
I hope he makes a good recovery as I had the impression that it was a lot more serious in adults or am I thinking of measles? I had the disease as a child but manages to get German Measles for a second time when I was around 20.

Wittenden
31-05-2018, 08:04

Seconded.

oldboots
31-05-2018, 08:57
I hope he makes a good recovery as I had the impression that it was a lot more serious in adults or am I thinking of measles?

Yes you are right, it can turn into Shingles which is much worse.

Get well soon Dave.

sheffield hatter
31-05-2018, 10:38
I hope he makes a good recovery as I had the impression that it was a lot more serious in adults or am I thinking of measles? I had the disease as a child but manages to get German Measles for a second time when I was around 20.

Measles and rubella are different diseases. I had measles when I was about three - my earliest memory - and rubella (or German measles) when I was 19. Neither have anything to do with chicken pox, of course.

trainman
31-05-2018, 11:39
Well I'm pleased to hear Dave is 'ok in himself' - that certainly wasn't the case when I had cp ~20yrs old, properly poorly.
But what a bummer for you both, when on holiday too! Hope you're feeling better and out of quarantine soon Dave, I'd get working on the next hols asap...

Dave M
12-06-2018, 10:11
Thanks for all the kind wishes. We did make it back to the UK last week after a very hot time in Greece, not a place I wanted to be with a fever.

Now 18 days since the first signs of it and I still don't feel 100% but at least I've lost most of the spots!