PDA

View Full Version : Micro Pub List

Real Ale Ray
27-05-2018, 12:44
The Petersgate Tap (https://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/84579/)

Just noticed this isn't on the micropub list - can it be added please?

ROBCamra
27-05-2018, 14:44
Added, you can do this yourself Ray just click Yes on the micropub box in the Pub Details section. :cheers:

Real Ale Ray
27-05-2018, 17:05
Cheers for that Ian

Aqualung
03-06-2018, 21:40
This is a difficult subject as many Teesside ones break most of the rules and some micropubs don't want to be known as micropubs.
Can I suggest some guidelines?

1) Size doesn't matter. The fact that the New Hall Arms is the size of a small pub is irrelevant, it follows the ethos of a micropub. One of the very early micropubs the Treacle Tap in Macclesfield is the size of a small pub.
2) To be called a micropub it must have at least one cask ale. Cask ale was the original premise for these places and the few venues that just do "craft keg" are not micropubs. Quite a few of them do both.
3) A venue that doesn't want to be called a micropub isn't, even if it effectively is.

As I said above, this is a difficult subject. The micropub association seems to be falling behind and What Pub appears to have a very strict policy as to what is or isn't a micropub. All I can say is if you go to a "proper" micropub you'll know you are in one!