PDA

View Full Version : The "Boy From The Baum" no longer

ROBCamra
21-04-2018, 12:35
I'm sorry to report that The Baum suffered a hostile takeover by Simon's ex wife on Monday.

Not only will I not be ordering the beer anymore I don't have a local either.

The only positive is that a lot of people will eventually realise what a complete and utter bitch she is.

RIP The Baum, it'll never be the same again.

25 years of being my local comes to a very sad end.:moremad:

rpadam
21-04-2018, 12:44
I'm sorry to report that The Baum suffered a hostile takeover by Simon's ex wife on Monday.

The only positive is that a lot of people will eventually realise what a complete and utter bitch she is.

Aghast!

sheffield hatter
22-04-2018, 08:22

That's very sad news for you. Commiserations.

trainman
22-04-2018, 10:38
Holy crap! I'm so sorry matey.
Any chance of a reduced price buy-back after custom falls off a cliff?

Real Ale Ray
22-04-2018, 11:35
Sorry to hear that, The Baum was on my hit list for a long time, but I never got around to visiting...

Komakino
22-04-2018, 12:33
Also sorry to hear that Rob. I managed a visit back in January during a brief Northern sojourn so at least managed to see it in its pomp.

Bucking Fastard
22-04-2018, 12:56

Serious commiserations ,that's awful news.Without your sage advise I would imagine the pubs falls from grace with be swift and dramatic.

oldboots
22-04-2018, 17:32
Obviously very bad news but weren’t it’s days numbered due to business rates rises?

Aqualung
22-04-2018, 18:17
Commiserations! Is anyone starting a book on how long before it closes?
I don't really have a "local" as all the ones I go to are a bus and/or tube ride away. I could walk to the Bell but a bus is quicker.
I used to go to the Chingford JDW a lot but after a change of management it went downhill so stopped going and I've heard it's now even worse. The price difference between JDW and the two E17 pubs I go to is over £1.50 a pint so I'm never likely to adopt either as a "local".

Wittenden
22-04-2018, 18:52
Sad news.

Quinno
22-04-2018, 19:02
Sorry to hear that, The Baum was on my hit list for a long time, but I never got around to visiting...

Same here. Shame.

ROBCamra
22-04-2018, 19:14
Obviously very bad news but weren’t it’s days numbered due to business rates rises?

Forced out of business I could almost accept, but letting that **** have it!!! :moremad:

london calling
22-04-2018, 20:02
I absolutely detest the landlady of one of my locals but I still go to the pub for the good beer and the company.I just ignore her as she does to me.I am not alone either in my opinion of her but we locals think we used the pub before she came on the scene so why should we move on. cheers

AlanH
22-04-2018, 21:44
Forced out of business I could almost accept, but letting that **** have it!!! :moremad:

Will it be removed from the 2019 GBG (and the 2018 digital GBG) for change of landlord?

ROBCamra
22-04-2018, 22:07
Will it be removed from the 2019 GBG (and the 2018 digital GBG) for change of landlord?

I have suggested as much to our gallant leader.

Aqualung
23-04-2018, 07:32
I have suggested as much to our gallant leader.

By CAMRA rules it should be removed but that doesn't always happen. However, this isn't any old GBG entry but as far as I'm aware a multi National CAMRA POTY so you would expect the rules to be applied to the letter.