PDA

View Full Version : Venue for Summer 2018 Crawl.

Bucking Fastard
29-03-2018, 18:11
If you are coming along to the Summer Crawl,vote for your preferred venue.I'm afraid the 10 option slots were already taken up before Alan H's suggestion of Birmingham.

trainman
29-03-2018, 18:27
If you are coming along to the Summer Crawl,vote for your preferred venue.I'm afraid the 10 option slots were already taken up before Alan H's suggestion of Birmingham.
We did Brum early days of course. What happened to the suggestion of a rail crawl? SVR(??) Has PG done Derby?

Bucking Fastard
29-03-2018, 18:52
We did Brum early days of course. What happened to the suggestion of a rail crawl? SVR(??) Has PG done Derby?

You are correct about Birmingham in November 2010 but as Alan H mentions that was a while ago and both new contributors and new Brummie venues have sprung up since.
Derby was November 2015.
The SVR idea got a lot of airing originally,but possibly a good amount of walking put off some contributors.It may also have required an early KO in Kidderminster .However Kiddy has made it on to the long list ,so who knows what may transpire.

oldboots
29-03-2018, 21:36
The SVR idea got a lot of airing originally,but possibly a good amount of walking put off some contributors.It may also have required an early KO in Kidderminster .However Kiddy has made it on to the long list ,so who knows what may transpire.

I believe cost was also a factor, an all day adult ticket is £19.50 if booked in advance or £21 on the day, however Kidderminster could give the option of Stourbridge, Bridgnorth and the SVR, especially if people do two days.

Tris39
05-04-2018, 20:14
I believe cost was also a factor, an all day adult ticket is £19.50 if booked in advance or £21 on the day, however Kidderminster could give the option of Stourbridge, Bridgnorth and the SVR, especially if people do two days.

...and Newcastle-under-Lyme doesn't have a railway station!

AlanH
05-04-2018, 20:49
...and Newcastle-under-Lyme doesn't have a railway station!

The regular bus service goes from outside Stoke Station from 5am to 11pm (takes 12 minutes No.11, or 18 minutes No.25)