PDA

View Full Version : Zoom keys not worling

AlanH
14-02-2018, 12:18
My zoom keys are not working on the Pubs Galore map pages. I have re-booted and tried on both Chrome and Internet explorer. Keys work OK on full Google maps.
Has anyone else got the same problem, especially those on Windows 7. It might be yet another "Google Lite" problem on Windows 7 after losing the Street Level View several months ago.

hondo
14-02-2018, 12:50
same here

Dave M
14-02-2018, 12:57
Zoom buttons do appear to be broken now. Out of interest if you go into the correct map point page do the zoom buttons work on that map?

bcfczuluarmy
14-02-2018, 16:51
My Zoom with mouse pad on laptop is working with the CTRL button pressed in review area map moving around in Chrome, the + and - zoom doesn't. However it still works in correct map point with move around and + and - zoom mode.

Dave M
14-02-2018, 19:04
Right. The problem is that the version of Google Maps we are using is very old and bits keep breaking.

I've been aware of this for a long time and can see that my first serious attempt to fix it was November 20th 2013. So finally, a mere 4 years and 3 months later I've just released a version using the new *cough* version of Google maps. It doesn't do anything different and there are probably new things that don't work, but it should be overall more reliable.

sheffield hatter
16-02-2018, 18:05
...there are probably new things that don't work, but it should be overall more reliable.

When clicking on a pub icon on the map, the pub's name in the list alongside doesn't change like it used to (to show a thumbnail image and a brief summary of the number of pictures and reviews). Not a huge loss, I agree, but I used to find it handy when looking for pubs in an area that needed their photos taking. (It is still possible to open the mini-summary by clicking on the name in the list, but I liked the way it used to open on its own.)

Delboy20
17-02-2018, 18:57
Zoom buttons seem to be working on the main maps now but not when adding a new pub. The map that comes up for you to move the marker if needed.
Also I don't seem to be able to zoom in and out with my mouse wheel any more unless I hold the control button?

sheffield hatter
17-02-2018, 20:52
Also I don't seem to be able to zoom in and out with my mouse wheel any more unless I hold the control button?

It's been like that for me for several months now. Soon get used to it.

rpadam
18-02-2018, 17:51
When clicking on a pub icon on the map, the pub's name in the list alongside doesn't change like it used to (to show a thumbnail image and a brief summary of the number of pictures and reviews). Not a huge loss, I agree, but I used to find it handy when looking for pubs in an area that needed their photos taking. (It is still possible to open the mini-summary by clicking on the name in the list, but I liked the way it used to open on its own.)
Seems to have been fixed today?

sheffield hatter
18-02-2018, 20:56
Seems to have been fixed today?

Yep. Nice work, Dave!

AlanH
19-02-2018, 11:52
The zoom keys still don't work on "View audit of locations"

EDIT: but does work with CTRL & mouse wheel :)