PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham Crawls?

General Staal
08-06-2010, 18:01
For those of you who live in Birmingham, which crawl is best:

Hockley (and I would include the Bartons Arms and the Black Eagle)
Birmingham City Centre
Digbeth

or AN Other?

Soup Dragon
08-06-2010, 18:21
I prefer Hockley these days, though Digbeth has a special place in my heart!

hopwas
08-06-2010, 18:26
For those of you who live in Birmingham, which crawl is best:

Hockley (and I would include the Bartons Arms and the Black Eagle)
Birmingham City Centre
Digbeth

or AN Other?

Welcome to forum.. I live in Tamworth but regular visitor to Brum.

I agree with Barton Arms and Black Eagle, both are excellent pubs. However you could try Red Lion, Rose Villa and The Jewellery Arms

For Birmingham City Centre,

I would go for The Wellington (famed for up to 16 real ales), Old Joint Stock, Prince of Wales (Near NIA), Tap and Spile, The Lamp Tavern and few others

For Digbeth.. simply there is only two is really worthy.. The Anchor and The White Swan

Barton Arms is miles away from these pubs I have mentioned so go there first. Then work your way from Hockley to Digbeth via City Centre or vice versa.

Hope this helps

Hoppy

Andy Ven
08-06-2010, 18:38
Tough choice.

If you do Digbeth, the Lamp Tavern in Barford Street (I assume Hopwas meant this one - GBG says its in Highgate but it's borderline Digbeth) is very good so that would make a nice trio. Soup D speaks highly of the Bull Ring Tavern - somewhere I've not ventured.

City Centre - the Bull in Price Street, on the outer edge of the ring road, is a very charismatic pub. I would add the Old Contemptibles to a city centre crawl.

GBG lists the Black Eagle, Lord Clifden and the Red Lion under Hockley.

The AN other would be Harborne but I think your 3 options are better. The 3 of them are all good - if I was doing the crawl during the evening I would stay in the city centre, especially if my group was small, but that's just me

General Staal
08-06-2010, 18:41
Ah, Hockley! I would start at the Bartons Arms, get a taxi in to the Queens Head, possibly pop in to the Ropewalk (which, in truth, I am not too keen on), walk up to the Red Lion, Rose Villa Tavern, Jeweller's Arms, Lord Clifden, the Church Inn.

Alternatively, start at the Black Eagle, then get the tram back into the Jewellery Quarter.

I did the Bartons version recently with my brother-in-law. We nearly toddled off to the Bull, by the old fire station too, but neither of us could move and I had to get my wife to pick us up.

Digbeth has to include the Anchor, the White Swan (one of my all time favourite pubs), the Spotted Dog, which has good Mild and real ale, but amazing Guinness, and the Lamp. I would start at the Bull Ring Tavern, which has no real ale, but is a 'Birmingham experience.'

Going through the City Centre itself is not something I actually do, but, definitely the Prince of Wales, Old Joint Stock, Bennetts, the Wellington, the Shakespeare, and down to the Fox by the Hippodrome. I have heard good things about the revamped Old Contemptibles.

For its compactness, I would probably got for Hockley/Jewellery Quarter.

Have I missed any pub gems here?

Soup Dragon
08-06-2010, 18:44
Staaly is a good drinking buddy of mine - until he reaches his second pint!

hopwas
08-06-2010, 18:45
Good shout, Old Contemptibles. I forget about them. It tends busy on lunchtimes with office workers having quick pint or lunch.

:) I knew Lamp Tavern is in Highgate but not far from Digbeth.

Not sure about Bull Ring Tavern.. althrough I haven't visited it since gang-war brawl in 2005. I have mentioned this somewhere in this forum.

General Staal
08-06-2010, 18:46
Hi Andy,

Tough choice.

The AN other would be Harborne but I think your 3 options are better. The 3 of them are all good - if I was doing the crawl during the evening I would stay in the city centre, especially if my group was small, but that's just me

Never having ventured to Harborne, which pubs would you recommend? Also, is Moseley any good?

Andy Ven
08-06-2010, 18:46
I'm not sure I would bother with Bennett's and The Old Fox doesn't float my boat these days but each to their own.

Tap and Spile, Canalside Cafe and Pennyblacks are all very close together if you get around the canal area

hopwas
08-06-2010, 18:48
down to the Fox by the Hippodrome.

I would personally cross off The Old Fox, I have visited it few times and it seems get worse each time I went in. Mind you last visit was in Oct 2009.

Not sure if it has improved since then..

General Staal
08-06-2010, 18:48
Staaly is a good drinking buddy of mine - until he reaches his second pint!

Oh dear Mr Dragon, I wondered when you'd get in on this! How about a pub crawl through Birmingham City Centre. Its one place you've never suggested to me!

hopwas
08-06-2010, 18:50
Hi Andy,

Never having ventured to Harborne, which pubs would you recommend? Also, is Moseley any good?

White Horse, York Street in Harbourne is superb little real ale pub. In fact I will be going there on 16th June. Never visited Moseley's pubs.

Andy Ven
08-06-2010, 18:51
Hi Andy,

I don't think it offers as good a crawl as it used to. The Plough and the White Horse but the others are so-so. I wouldn't place it above the 3 areas you listed first. Sorry I don't know Moseley, it's the wrong side of Brum for me

Soup Dragon
GFS, read my reviews on Harbourne.

hopwas
I'm not sure I would bother with Bennett's and The Old Fox doesn't float my boat these days but each to their own.

Tap and Spile, Canalside Cafe and Pennyblacks are all very close together if you get around the canal area

:)

Bennett's.. urggghhh.

Aye Tap and Spile off Canal is top pub.

General Staal
08-06-2010, 18:53
Hello Hopwas,

I would personally cross off The Old Fox, I have visited it few times and it seems get worse each time I went in. Mind you last visit was in Oct 2009.

Not sure if it has improved since then..

Apologies for quoting everyone. Its a facility I've just discovered I can use. Do you come from Hopwas by any chance? Have you used the Red Lion and the Tame Otter. Have never been in the Lion, and haven't been in the Otter for years!

Conrad
08-06-2010, 18:54
Bit late into this and not a lot to really contribute.

Just wanted to echo Hoppy's welcome to the forum G. Staal, myself and Dave M are the admins of the forums and main site, so if you have any problems, issues or suggestions please do let us know.

Thanks a lot for your reviews and hope you enjoy your stay.

General Staal
08-06-2010, 18:55
What about that Birmingham Crawl? Right through the Centre? Start at the Prince of Wales and work our way down to the BRT?

General Staal
08-06-2010, 18:58
Its a pleasure to be here. The Soup Dragon recommended you. Well I think he did. He was slurring his words a bit at the time. He only drinks Mild 'cause its weak and he can therefore drink lots of it!

hopwas
08-06-2010, 18:58
Hello Hopwas,

Apologies for quoting everyone. Its a facility I've just discovered I can use. Do you come from Hopwas by any chance? Have you used the Red Lion and the Tame Otter. Have never been in the Lion, and haven't been in the Otter for years!

Gulity as charged :) Actually it is my hometown. Oh yeah I have used Red Lion and Tame Otter (previously The Chequers) Zillion times since I was toddler. However I much prefer The Fox just down the road from Hopwas.

General Staal
08-06-2010, 19:02
What's Tamworth like for drinking? I have never tried the pubs there. In fact, its been a while since I've been there full stop. I hear grim things about Tamworth. Are they true?

hopwas
08-06-2010, 19:07
What's Tamworth like for drinking? I have never tried the pubs there. In fact, its been a while since I've been there full stop. I hear grim things about Tamworth. Are they true?

Well you could say "grim" cos it is quite true..

However.. you could visit..

The Globe Inn (grade listed) two real ales
Sir Robert Peel two real ales
Old Stone Cross two real ales
White Lion two real ales
Three Tuns 3 real ales
The Bolebridge (JDW) 8 real ales

and finally my home pub.. The Silk Kite (JDW) 8 real ales but normally 3 to 4 real ales.

General Staal
08-06-2010, 19:08
Good evening Mr Ven,

I actually have a soft spot for Bennett's. I have always had a top pint of Hobgoblin whenever I go in there. My wife and I always go to the Panto at the Hippodrome on New Year's Eve and we go into the Old Fox before and after the performances. I don't usually go regularly, but on the occasions I do go, I find the beer good and service friendly.

I confess I enjoyed the beer in Pennyblacks, but it just doesn't feel like a pub. I don't feel comfortable in there. I haven't been in the Tap and Spile in some 10 years and I am not familiar with the Canalside Cafe.

General Staal
08-06-2010, 19:13
Well you could say "grim" cos it is quite true..

However.. you could visit..

The Globe Inn (grade listed) two real ales
Sir Robert Peel two real ales
Old Stone Cross two real ales
White Lion two real ales
Three Tuns 3 real ales
The Bolebridge (JDW) 8 real ales

and finally my home pub.. The Silk Kite (JDW) 8 real ales but normally 3 to 4 real ales.

Thankyou for your recommendations!

hopwas
08-06-2010, 19:17
Thankyou for your recommendations!

No problem at all, fella. All pubs is easy walking distance from each other.

General Staal
08-06-2010, 19:18
Here's a quick question:

The Wellington in the City Centre and the Anchor in Digbeth both serve multiple real ales.

But, are they really as good as their reputations?

In Digbeth, if time was short, I would happily miss out the Anchor and spend time in the White Swan just down the road. I find it a much friendlier, more comfortable pub, even though it has much less choice.

If I was to choose a multiple ale selling pub to spend an afternoon in, I would vote for neither the Wellington or the Anchor, but catch the bus into Walsall and settle down for a few hours in the Black Country Arms which is, in my opinion, much more comfortable, friendlier, and cheaper!

hopwas
08-06-2010, 19:20
Here's a quick question:

The Wellington in the City Centre and the Anchor in Digbeth both serve multiple real ales.

In Digbeth, if time was short, I would happily miss out the Anchor and spend time in the White Swan just down the road. I find it a much friendlier, more comfortable pub, even though it has much less choice.

If I was to choose a multiple ale selling pub to spend an afternoon in, I would vote for neither the Wellington or the Anchor, but catch the bus into Walsall and settle down for a few hours in the Black Country Arms which is, in my opinion, much more comfortable, friendlier, and cheaper!

May I ask you where do you hail from?

Andy Ven
08-06-2010, 19:21
Good evening to you to. 'owm ya gooin?

I think I have a hang-up about pubs with high ceilings - they lose some atmosphere / conviviality, unless you're in a decent sized group. Last time I went in Bennett's I thought it needed some maintenance.

Most people seem to like the Old Joint Stock but I've never felt comfortable in there, despite being amongst the ranks of the lunchtime suit wearers. I've never settled in the Old Fox either - I last went about 6 weeks ago.

I don't tend to do the contemporary places very often so I know what you mean about Pennyblacks.

Canalside Cafe is next door to the Tap and Spile, on the canal-side. It feels like a cafe and it's very small inside - last week they were selling Kelham Island beers. If the weather's OK it's a good place to sit outside and watch people go by along the canal. It's in the GBG and it's quirky but it's not the kind of place you would stay for several beers.

I like places like the Digbeth pubs mentioned and the Bull - they have a more local feel to them. I prefer that type of place.

Andy Ven
08-06-2010, 19:29
Here's a quick question:

I think the Wellington trades on choice but sometimes it doesn't have a good range between A and E (pale and dark) - they sometimes end up with too much of some but not the other - the Black Country Ales are usually on though. There are much better big Victorian pub buildings.

I prefer the White Swan although they only offer Marston's/Banks's/Jennings. The Anchor has more variety but is not quite as nice inside so I'd go along with your assessment.

I should use the Black Country Arms more often (so should many Walsall people) because we'd be sorry if it didn't succeed.

General Staal
08-06-2010, 19:35
May I ask you where do you hail from?

I currently reside in Sutton Coldfield. Sutton really has only one 'proper' pub - the Duke. The Station is quite famous locally, and the beer is fine. But its not my kind of pub. The pub I spend most time in 'cause its easy for me to get to is the Queslett. Its an Ember Inn, but the service and beer quality is top notch and I can always find a little nook to settle in for those couple of hours away from the missus!

Delboy20
08-06-2010, 19:44
is Moseley any good?

Hi there,

Most of the pubs in Moseley aren't that inspiring. However if you are into your real ale The Prince of Wales is a cracking little pub . The Old Moseley Arms isn't far up the road either.
If you are a "Wetherspooner" you also have the Elizabeth of York in Moseley and the Peartree just down the road in Kings Heath.

Cheers,

Del.

hopwas
08-06-2010, 19:44
I currently reside in Sutton Coldfield. Sutton really has only one 'proper' pub - the Duke. The Station is quite famous locally, and the beer is fine. But its not my kind of pub. The pub I spend most time in 'cause its easy for me to get to is the Queslett. Its an Ember Inn, but the service and beer quality is top notch and I can always find a little nook to settle in for those couple of hours away from the missus!

Haha! Funny you ask about pubs you mentioned.. I actually go to The Dukes quite a lot cos it is closest pub to Sutton Coldfield Town's ground my second team (Tamworth FC being the first) I sort of love/hate relationship with The Station, long story! Another pubs I regularly visit is The Cup, Bottle of Sack, Wydle Green, The Boot (by Good Hope) and Horse and Jockey (Ember Inn) Also Bishop of Vesey and Beggars Bush in nearby Boldmere.

I was born in Sutton Coldfield but raised in Tamworth.

General Staal
08-06-2010, 19:50
Hello again, Mr Ven,

I like places like the Digbeth pubs mentioned and the Bull - they have a more local feel to them. I prefer that type of place.

I too generally like a pub to feel like a pub. Pennyblacks is like drinking in an unfinished building or a small warehouse. I don't mind Bennett's because the interior is quirky, like the Old Joint Stock. But the White Swan in Digbeth, the Prince of Wales up by the NIA, the Duke in Sutton Coldfield and the Old Fox are examples of 'pubby pubs'. Oh, and the Red Lion in the Jewellery Quarter.

Most of the pubs I drink in in Whitby during my annual trips there are old fashioned types of places - special mention to the Black Horse Vaults and the Elsinore in Whitby, places you must visit!

General Staal
08-06-2010, 19:55
Haha! Funny you ask about pubs you mentioned.. I actually go to The Dukes quite a lot cos it is closest pub to Sutton Coldfield Town's ground my second team (Tamworth FC being the first) I sort of love/hate relationship with The Station, long story! Another pubs I regularly visit is The Cup, Bottle of Sack, Wydle Green, The Boot (by Good Hope) and Horse and Jockey (Ember Inn) Also Bishop of Vesey and Beggars Bush in nearby Boldmere.

I was born in Sutton Coldfield but raised in Tamworth.

I wouldn't go in the Beggars after dark! I've done all the others too. The Cup has recently changed hands and didn't do any real ale when I put my head round the door. Bizarrely, the Bishop Vesey is the only pub in which I have drunk real ale all night and had a hangover the following day. Usually I can drink loads of real ale and not be worse for the wear the following day.

Have you tried JDs since its been done out?

hopwas
08-06-2010, 20:01
Have you tried JDs since its been done out?

You mean Traylor's (new name for JDs) yes and it is not my type of pub. Once, I got chatted up by very drunk woman who looked like in 60's and tried pulled me. I was only in early 20's that time! Sensibly, I walked out leaving drunk looking gobsmacked! Haven't returned since then :)

General Staal
08-06-2010, 21:03
Traylor's is not my kind of pub either really. But they did do an ok pint of Butty Bach the other week. Still has the JDs sign over its door. I heard it had been taken over by the owner's of the Station. Don't know how true that is.

Soup Dragon
08-06-2010, 21:06
Jeez - i have just been to the Trooper in Wall (re-opened) and the Park Gate Inn in Cannock Wood, and you lot are still on!

General Staal
08-06-2010, 21:16
Jeez - i have just been to the Trooper in Wall (re-opened) and the Park Gate Inn in Cannock Wood, and you lot are still on!

Oh yes! What is the Trooper like?

Soup Dragon
08-06-2010, 21:38
just done the review, GFS - make sure you can read closed pubs, as Conrad will need to 'open' it again

Oh! the power that lad has

Andy Ven
09-06-2010, 16:40
Hello again, Mr Ven,
Most of the pubs I drink in in Whitby during my annual trips there are old fashioned types of places - special mention to the Black Horse Vaults and the Elsinore in Whitby, places you must visit!

Cheers. If I ever go to Whitby again I'll bear those places in mind. This year's UK holiday is in Cornwall but I would like to do some short overnight trips to the Derbyshire Peak District and to Shorpshire

Andy Ven
11-06-2010, 17:56
Never having ventured to Harborne, which pubs would you recommend?

Just by coincidence, I discovered today, Birmingham CAMRA has published a guide to Harborne in its Summer 2010 edition of its quarterly publication, Out Inn Brum. It says:

Old House at Home: Greene King, Old Speckled Hen, Wells Bombardier, Fuller’s London Pride
Court Oak: Marston’s Pedigree, M&B Brew XI, Guest Beers
Scarlet Pimpernel: Guest Beer
Bell: M&B Brew XI, Guest Beer
Vine: Marston’s Pedigree, M&B Brew XI, Banks’s Bitter
New Inn: Banks’s Bitter, Mild, Guest Beers
Junction: Guest Beers, Traditional Cider
Harborne Club: Guest Beers
Proverbial: Greene King IPA, Wells Bombardier
Arco Lounge: Bath Ales Toga Man
Harborne Stores: John Smith’s Bitter, Marston’s Pedigree, EPA
White Horse: Greene King Abbot, IPA, Guest Beers, Traditional Cider
Sportsman: Davenports IPA, Highgate MILD, Guest Beers
Green Man: M&B Brew XI, Purity UBU, Guest Beers
Plough: Wye Valley, Butty Bach, Purity Mad Goose, Guest Beers

Andy Ven
11-06-2010, 22:16
and BTW: the International Food Fair is on in New Street, Victoria Square and Chamberlain Square (10am to 9pm) offering barbecue, venison, ostrich burgers, Chinese, Greek, Spanish etc and a mobile trailer (www.unibeers.co.uk) selling almost the full range of Highgate and Davenports CASK ales.

Not bad at all. I had Davenport's Fox Nob and it went down very well (alas Highgate MILD was one of the missing ales - the chap thought that there wouldn't be much demand for mild at an outdoor summer event - maybe he'll rectify that next week)

General Staal
12-06-2010, 20:23
Just by coincidence, I discovered today, Birmingham CAMRA has published a guide to Harborne in its Summer 2010 edition of its quarterly publication, Out Inn Brum. It says:

Old House at Home: Greene King, Old Speckled Hen, Wells Bombardier, Fuller’s London Pride
Court Oak: Marston’s Pedigree, M&B Brew XI, Guest Beers
Scarlet Pimpernel: Guest Beer
Bell: M&B Brew XI, Guest Beer
Vine: Marston’s Pedigree, M&B Brew XI, Banks’s Bitter
New Inn: Banks’s Bitter, Mild, Guest Beers
Junction: Guest Beers, Traditional Cider
Harborne Club: Guest Beers
Proverbial: Greene King IPA, Wells Bombardier
Arco Lounge: Bath Ales Toga Man
Harborne Stores: John Smith’s Bitter, Marston’s Pedigree, EPA
White Horse: Greene King Abbot, IPA, Guest Beers, Traditional Cider
Sportsman: Davenports IPA, Highgate MILD, Guest Beers
Green Man: M&B Brew XI, Purity UBU, Guest Beers
Plough: Wye Valley, Butty Bach, Purity Mad Goose, Guest Beers

Which of these pubs would you recommend, Mr Ven?

General Staal
12-06-2010, 20:33
Widening this a little, I was drinking with my most excellent friend, Soup Dragon, last night in Walsall - I have known him since primary school, and we both agreed that Walsall is a far superior pub crawl.

The Victoria, the White Lion, the Lyndon House Hotel, the Black Country Arms, The Walsall Arms, the Red Lion, the Fountain, the New Inns (the Pretty Bricks), the Butts Tavern - All of these are superb pubs.

In Hockley, only the Red Lion and the Lord Clifden come close. The Bartons Arms and the Black Eagle are excellent but a little out on their own.

In Digbeth, the White Swan is up there, but the Anchor is overrated.

In Birmingham, well, you have the Prince of Wales and maybe the Wellington.

Andy Ven
13-06-2010, 08:25
I too had a soup with the dragon on Wednesday evening.

I said that I crawled around Walsall on the day of the last home game of the season and visited The Red Lion (OK but just Banks's Bitter on hadpull on that day), The White Lion (best pub of that night), we reminisced outside the now long-closed Duke of Wellington, the Wheatsheaf (not bad but is it a pub or a diner these days?), Walsall Arms (sadly very quiet on the night and only Marston's Burton Bitter on handpull - I hope it was just a one-off), diversion to the Spring Cottage to meet someone on their stag do (not a real ale pub) and The Fountain (a decent real ale pub).

Memories of The Victoria ..... I went in there the day I left school when it was the Katz. Chip butties and Mexico '86..... Lineker!!!!

If we repeat the day out next year, without the diversion to the Spring Cottage, I will be looking to go in the Lyndon House, the Black Country Arms, the Butts Tavern and maybe through the back streets to the Pretty Bricks. I'm almost certain that these will provide an improvement to the mix of good and OK places we went to this time around.

If you get outside of Walsall town centre (and your have some means of transport) try the Manor Arms in Rushall, The Four Crosses in Shelfield, The Railway in Pelsall and the Turf Tavern in Bloxwich

as for Digbeth, well, The Lamp Tavern makes up a good trio

Andy Ven
13-06-2010, 17:31
Whilst on the subject of Walsall, there is a society called Friends of Highgate Brewery through whom you can arrange brewery tours and attend social evenings (every other month) at the brewery itself, as well as other social evenings. Membership is £5 per year and brewery social evenings cost £3 (to cover duty). Drink Highgate Mild (and their other brews) to your heart's content. Bargain!

http://www.fohb.org.uk/page3.html

DannyO'Revey
15-06-2010, 12:56
Hi, sorry just caught this thread. As Andy says there is a pull out guide to Harborne in the latest Birmingham Camra magazine, in recognition that all 15 pubs now serve real ale! I personally would recommend the White Horse for beer and the Junction as a pub, having gone there last Friday.

I have an electronic version of the pull out Harborne guide (or rather map), but can't post it on here because its copyright, but if anybody did need a copy..

I would also recommend the Station in Kings Heath as a place to go as well (not too far from the Old Mo, at least not by bus).

Does anybody know if the Wellington Hotel on Bristol Street in Birmingham is still open, as it was shut when I went onat 5pm on a Thursday, and didn't look very used?

Danny

Andy Ven
15-06-2010, 16:02
Whilst on the subject of Walsall, there is a society called Friends of Highgate Brewery through whom you can arrange brewery tours and attend social evenings (every other month) at the brewery itself, as well as other social evenings. Membership is £5 per year and brewery social evenings cost £3 (to cover duty). Drink Highgate Mild (and their other brews) to your heart's content. Bargain!

http://www.fohb.org.uk/page3.html

Oh no! I'll start a new thread but Highgate Brewery has gone into compulsory liquidation today

The Giant
18-06-2010, 08:27
In Digbeth, the White Swan is up there, but the Anchor is overrated.

I don't think The Anchor is overrated. It just might take a bit of getting used to! Its problems are:

1. Some Bar Staff can be a bit abrupt at times. Also none of them drink real ale.
2. Some of the beers are still sold when not at their best. Can happen when there are so many on.

Both of these issues are fairly well known and factored into any ratings of The Anchor you may find.

The reason people go back to The Anchor are:

1. Subject to point 2 above, the beer is usually fantastic and there is a good range you won't find anywhere else in Brum.
2. The bar staff are actually quite friendly if you get to know them.
3. Great unspoilt building.
4. No trouble.
5. A clincher for me, the pool table.

Make sure you try before you buy and send it back if it's not up to scratch.

The White Swan is lovely and I know many prefer it but the range of beer is not so good and it is often empty these days.

I'd also recommend The Spotted Dog further up Bradford Street past The Adam & Eve. It got a nice ambience and has a couple of ales on including a guest.

General Staal
25-06-2010, 15:51
Cheers Mr Giant. I have been to the Spotted Dog and I love it. As I have said previously, the ales here are lovely, but, bizarrely for a real ale drinker, I really like the Guinness here. I know it should be a universal standard, but I think it just tastes superb.

Getting back to the White Swan, I haven't been there for a couple of months, but whenever I have been there, it has been full, or at least, very busy. I can also get the missus to go there with me. She's not a big pubby, but even she likes it in the White Swan.

Soup Dragon
25-06-2010, 16:15
I know Old Boots was in the Swan the other day, he said the beer was a little off, which is rare for the Swan. I really need to do another Digbeth trip - i did all these place in pre-PG reviewing days and have only been back to a few - GFS, i will leave it to you to arrange - as well as a Hockley and a Walsall trip including the Pretty Bricks!

General Staal
25-06-2010, 17:05
Well Soupy, how about next Saturday? Bring JB, unless I have offended him!

The Giant
01-07-2010, 20:04
Getting back to the White Swan, I haven't been there for a couple of months, but whenever I have been there, it has been full, or at least, very busy. I can also get the missus to go there with me. She's not a big pubby, but even she likes it in the White Swan.

I haven't been to The White Swan in ages. Just going on what I'd been told by a few Anchor regulars. I sincerely hope it is doing good business. My missus is pubby and likes the Swan and Anchor (when I allow her out!).