PDA

View Full Version : To Soup Dragon

Andy Ven
08-06-2010, 10:00
Congratulations on your 1000th review (The White Hart in Shifnal) :notworthy:

A very good one it was too (I was so impressed I sent a link to The Insider at the Express and Star - they're always looking for recommendations)

Conrad
08-06-2010, 11:02
Yep, congratulations that is a remarkable achievement, 1000th review (http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/32170/).

Thanks for that and for all your promotion of the site!

ROBCamra
08-06-2010, 11:03
Congratulations on your 1000th review (The White Hart in Shifnal) :notworthy:

A very good one it was too (I was so impressed I sent a link to The Insider at the Express and Star - they're always looking for recommendations)

The White Hart is indeed an excellent pub. I never got around to transferring my review from BITE for that one. I doubt if I'll bother now though. :)

Soup Dragon
08-06-2010, 16:15
Thank you Gentlemen, and to think i have only put on the stuff from about March last year, so year and a couple of months!

I do promote the site, i leave leaflets at the AA meetings i attend, telling them what they are missing - and another good drinking buddy has registered and started reviewing!

still have a few more to catch up on, but am at the pub later, so dont know if i will get chance:D

I did notice Mr Ven, you loaded a picture of the Broadway in Willenhall, the same day i visited it!

Got to meet up at the Railway, especially now the best man bit is done

Conrad
08-06-2010, 16:44
Thats what I like to hear good target advertising.

Andy Ven
08-06-2010, 16:46
I did notice Mr Ven, you loaded a picture of the Broadway in Willenhall, the same day i visited it!

Got to meet up at the Railway, especially now the best man bit is done

We'll have to stop doing that! I took the liberty of grabbing a photo as I passed on Sunday morning on my way to 'do' the centre of Wolverhampton via Bloxwich and Wednesfield - fewer people were around at that time to get in the way. I'll PM you an available date or two

Oggwyn Trench
08-06-2010, 16:46
Well done Soupy :notworthy: , Glad you enjoyed your trip over here

aleandhearty
08-06-2010, 17:14
Well done Soupy, you put me to shame. The road to hell and all that. As an aside, I think I've drunk more MILD, and dark beer generally, in the last few months than I've ever done. I think your tireless evangelism has been partly responsible. :)

Soup Dragon
08-06-2010, 18:27
Oggy - the Fighting Cocks was class - i was so merry, i couldn't write a report for the Station! i didnt even get in the Crown, though half of the coach party moved over to the FC after they text us to say it wasnt that good on the day - all thanks to you Oggy! A friend of my brother lives in St Georges and has asked me up for a Oakengates day!

A&H - when one types MILD, one must always look to think of Stu (him of blessed name) - i hope he reads these pages.

That amount of reviews isnt somethingi should be proud of, so Mrs Soup says. I will contemplate her advice in the pub later - a new one of course!

arwkrite
09-06-2010, 08:40
I just put it down to a miss spent youth myself.

Well done Soups. Without you the Mild industry would be in dead trouble.

Oggwyn Trench
09-06-2010, 16:33
Oggy - the Fighting Cocks was class - i was so merry, i couldn't write a report for the Station! i didnt even get in the Crown, though half of the coach party moved over to the FC after they text us to say it wasnt that good on the day - all thanks to you Oggy! A friend of my brother lives in St Georges and has asked me up for a Oakengates day!

A&H - when one types MILD, one must always look to think of Stu (him of blessed name) - i hope he reads these pages.

That amount of reviews isnt somethingi should be proud of, so Mrs Soup says. I will contemplate her advice in the pub later - a new one of course!

If you have a day in Oakengates a walk to the Compasses should be planned in , its about 10 mins from the town centre , in the GBG and Madge the 84 year old barmaid is a star . If you do come let me now , i will give you a guided tour

Soup Dragon
10-06-2010, 22:48
will keep you posted Oggy!