PDA

View Full Version : World Cup schedules (watching at pub or home)

hopwas
07-06-2010, 20:53
Right I just made a schedules for upcoming games to sort out what games I will be watching at pub or homes. "Home" means I will be watching football on TV at my house.

Friday 11th

S. Africa Vs Mexico Home DONE
Uruguay Vs France Home

Sat 12th

Argentina Vs Nigeria Home
S.Korea Vs Greece Home
England Vs USA The Fox Inn, Tamworth

Sun 13th

Algeria Vs Slovenia The Fox Inn, Tamworth
Germany Vs Australia Home
Sebria Vs Ghana Home

Mon 14th

Holland Vs Denmark The Silk Kite, Tamworth
Japan Vs Cameroon Home
Italy Vs Paraguay The Fox Inn, Tamworth

Tues 15th

New Zealand Vs Slovakia undecided, Possible at White Lion, Tamworth
Ivory Coast Vs Portugal Definetley at White Lion, Tamworth
Brazil Vs N.Korea undecided, possibly at The Fox Inn, White Lion or Silk Kite all in Tamworth

Delboy20
08-06-2010, 08:09
Hi Hoppy,

Looks like you will be spending a fair amount of money watching that many games in the pub !!

Unless of course you happen to forget your wallet a few times :whistle:

Now does anyone know where I can get a St Georges Cross eye patch ???

Cheers,

Del.

RogerB
08-06-2010, 08:56
Everything - pub!

hopwas
08-06-2010, 09:46
Looks like you will be spending a fair amount of money watching that many games in the pub !!

Aye! Just like I did in 1998, 2002 and 2006 World Cups but I will be spending in local pub more than previous World Cups. Have you forgetten Silk Kite is JDW so it bound to save me monies.. :D

Unless of course you happen to forget your wallet a few times :whistle:

Haha! True.. Luckily Fox Inn is only around the corner from my house. So it shouldn't be problem. Unless I am in Silk Kite or White Lion.. good 30 mins walk from my house!

Now does anyone know where I can get a St Georges Cross eye patch ???

I am sure I saw some dodgy shop near Moon Under The Water In Cradley.. I heard they are selling fast due some regular in JDW buying them in bulk... :whistle:

hopwas
08-06-2010, 09:59
Everything - pub!

Good man! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

I wish I have your stamina.. :o

hopwas
08-06-2010, 10:02
Wed 16 June

Honduras Vs Chile White Horse, Harbourne
Spain Vs Switzerland First Half only.. Selly Park Tavern, Edgbaston
South Africa Vs Uruguay WILL NOT BE WATCHING. Due to I will be watching Warwickshire Vs Nottinghamshire at Edgbaston for T20/20.

Alesonly
08-06-2010, 10:40
I'm working on all those days either before after or during the matches. So its no Going in the Pub for me. If I get a chance too watch any It will be at home or work over a coffee.

Evil Gazebo
08-06-2010, 12:33
Determined to watch every match of the tournament (except perhaps the 3rd/4th place play-off, which is a total waste of everybody’s time), much to the annoyance of Mrs Gazebo.

Have Friday and Saturday off work, will probably try and watch all 5 games in the pub, as long as I can rely on finding somewhere with a decent atmosphere and not too many idiots, especially for the England match. I will be at work for the following two days, although seeing as my job predominantly involves sitting about watching sport anyway, “work” may not be the appropriate word.

Strongers
08-06-2010, 12:43
Plan to watch them all as I'm not working at the moment - and haven't really been looking for work either!

Conrad
08-06-2010, 13:00
Just stumbled across this rather nice World Cup Schedule display toy (http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/mundial/sudafrica-2010/calendario-english.html).

hopwas
08-06-2010, 13:16
Just stumbled across this rather nice World Cup Schedule display toy (http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/mundial/sudafrica-2010/calendario-english.html).

My word! That's real gem!

Thanks Conrad... just bookmarked it.

Oggwyn Trench
08-06-2010, 13:24
I will be in Greece for the first 2 weeks , so its worked out nice as Greece is 2hours ahead so 3 o`clock kick offs will be at 5 over there , i can watch in the hotel bar while the Mrs gets ready for a night out then out for a meal and catch the second game in a bar at 9. 30 .

Strongers
08-06-2010, 20:58
My word! That's real gem!

Thanks Conrad... just bookmarked it.

I agree, looks very impressive, top class Spanish craftmanship!

hopwas
11-06-2010, 11:34
Mon 14th

Holland Vs Denmark The Silk Kite, Tamworth
Japan Vs Cameroon Home

I have changed Monday's Schedule so..

Holland Vs Denmark Horse and Jockey, Lichfield
Japan Vs Cameroon Queens Head, Lichfield

The reason I made the changes is I am meeting mate of mine in Lichfield on Monday.

Bucking Fastard
11-06-2010, 14:17
The first week of the World Cup will be spent watching the evening kick offs at home with my son who is on study leave for his A levels.However I deliberately booked the annual lads boating holiday for the second World Cup week with a likeminded crew of (middle aged) boozers.From that very useful chart posted up by Conrad we should be catching the following matches on our travels:

18th England v Algeria Upstairs in The Fat Cat,Sheffield this could be a frightening session.:eek:
20th Brazil v Ivory Coast some pub in Knottingly,still need to suss exactly where.:confused:
23rd England v Slovenia in either pub in Newton on Ouse if they are open/ have the match on.:pray:Otherwise a very early start to get down to York by 3pm.
25th Portugal v Brazil if we can get to Mirfield by 3pm ko.

We arent trying to do a Hoppy:notworthy: and see all the matches in a pub otherwise there would be no boating but given that we are starting in Sheffield that could be an option with the added bonus of great beer at every venue.However ,my liver would never cope.:nishelypished:

trainman
11-06-2010, 16:53
18th England v Algeria Upstairs in The Fat Cat,Sheffield this could be a frightening session.:eek:

Not many gonna top that, even if the 2nd half route for a round may be cause trepidation (both descent, and queue, to bar).

Maldenman
11-06-2010, 21:46
Hmm, nothing like as exciting for me. Thanks to my new work desk position not being overlooked I was able to keep the BBC text and info screen up this afternoon, so experiment successful, I'll be ok for info for the afternoon games. Looked forward to tonight, but what a damp squib that was, it can only get better.
Best bit of this afternoon was when S Africa scored, we have two Saffers in our support services group, both girls I'll add, when they went 1-0 up both leapt up immediately. Not much office work going on over the next few weeks I reckon.