PDA

View Full Version : European Cup stolen at Tamworth's pub in 1982

hopwas
07-06-2010, 12:15
Well well... I just over shock finding that my very own pub was under the spotlight in 1982 :eek::eek::eek:

Full story can be found here..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8709846.stm

If you play second video at the near end of story...

You will see my local and a man who is pulling the pint is great mate of mine.. Landlord Robin Pimberley. (BBC made spelling error "Robbie James Pimberley" when it really should be Robin)

Anyway enjoy!

aleandhearty
07-06-2010, 13:47
If you play second video at the near end of story...

You will see my local and a man who is pulling the pint is great mate of mine.. Landlord Robin Pimberley

Looks a decent old pile Hoppy. It probably says something about my beer fixation, when I had to pause the video at 36 seconds to see what was on the pump clips! :)

RogerB
07-06-2010, 14:01
Someone somewhere probably still has the Jules Rimet trophy sitting on their mantlepiece!

hopwas
07-06-2010, 14:06
Looks a decent old pile Hoppy. It probably says something about my beer fixation, when I had to pause the video at 36 seconds to see what was on the pump clips! :)

:D

Pump with no clip is now Morland Original. If you see Bank's Bitter at the left-most, that's where I always stand and enjoy my pint of Spitfire. There is more pump around the corner with likes Mild, Carlsberg, Strongbow etc etc...

I'll think I have a word with Robin tonight cos he never mentioned it to me.. :(

arwkrite
07-06-2010, 14:23
"Someone somewhere probably still has the Jules Rimet trophy sitting on their mantlepiece!" ...RogerB.

I would love to see that trophy pop out of the trench on a Time Team dig.

" High Status and Ceremonial ?." "Aww ,certainly Tony"

RogerB
07-06-2010, 14:26
Unfortunately I believe it was melted down and used to make dentures for South American drug barons. :D

Conrad
07-06-2010, 14:31
" High Status and Ceremonial ?." "Aww ,certainly Tony"
Tony would just bring it back here to put it on the Bristol City Trophy shelf alongside our other esteemed comedy trophies.