PDA

View Full Version : Dog & Moon, Derby

KateHaworth
02-12-2017, 19:57
Hello,

I am the owner of the recently opened Dog & Moon, at the old site of The Shakespeare, 16 Sadler Gate, Derby.

It looks like The Shakespeare has just been changed to Dog & Moon, and all that applied to The Shakespeare including old reviews are now visible as being at The Dog & Moon.

We are not a Punch pub, we are a Free House, we serve four rotating ales, real cider, 25 different gins and up to 40 craft beers, we have a rather good wine list too. We have a locally and responsibly sourced bar menu including homemade scotch eggs and sharing platters.

I would like it if the old page is deleted and started afresh. The current details and reviews that are present under my pubs name could be damaging to our business (if not so already) , considering the state of the pub before.

Many thanks,
Katie Haworth

sheffield hatter
03-12-2017, 00:04
Hello,

I am the owner of the recently opened Dog & Moon, at the old site of The Shakespeare, 16 Sadler Gate, Derby.

It looks like The Shakespeare has just been changed to Dog & Moon, and all that applied to The Shakespeare including old reviews are now visible as being at The Dog & Moon.

We are not a Punch pub, we are a Free House, we serve four rotating ales, real cider, 25 different gins and up to 40 craft beers, we have a rather good wine list too. We have a locally and responsibly sourced bar menu including homemade scotch eggs and sharing platters.

I would like it if the old page is deleted and started afresh. The current details and reviews that are present under my pubs name could be damaging to our business (if not so already) , considering the state of the pub before.

Many thanks,
Katie Haworth

We would only create a new record if the old pub had been demolished and a new one built, but this is not what I understand has happened in this instance. The old reviews are clearly identified as referring to the pub under its old name of the Shakespeare, so no one would read any of the criticisms as being directed at you or the Dog & Moon. (One review even says "I'll not bother calling again though unless something changes.", and now something has changed.)

As you have joined the site, you can now add a review of the pub as it is now - what you wrote above would be good, but you could expand on that if you wanted to. Having a new review on display will clearly show the change from the old management and the bad old days of Punch Taverns.

This sort of situation happens all the time and if we reacted by deleting old reviews of pubs when they were under different names, there would be nothing left of the site. Not to mention no record of how much a pub had improved under a new regime!

Good luck with the Dog & Moon. I hope to call in next time I'm in Derby!

PS I've added your website and Facebook page and deleted the old Shakespeare Facebook page. Hope this helps.